49ers ' 53 man roster cut thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Not a ton out there for O Line cuts. Michael Schofield was cut by the Bears. He has started a ton of games. Would provide very good depth on the interior. 

Feel like if you can't stick on the bears, you're not an improvement 😆

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like if you can't stick on the bears, you're not an improvement 😆

I know, it felt gross thinking about it. I do believe the team is sold on Banks and Burford as their starters. I just don't like the depth aside from Poe if they can even get him on the p squad. We have to imagine that we are looking at McKivitiz at RT if McG is a no go and then he becomes a swing G/T along side Brunskill and unfortunately it appears Jaylon Moore as well. I would imagine they would like to take a flyer on Alex Leatherwood as a T, but if the report is true that the Raiders got 32 no's then maybe not. I cannot imagine the asking price was steep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I know, it felt gross thinking about it. I do believe the team is sold on Banks and Burford as their starters. I just don't like the depth aside from Poe if they can even get him on the p squad. We have to imagine that we are looking at McKivitiz at RT if McG is a no go and then he becomes a swing G/T along side Brunskill and unfortunately it appears Jaylon Moore as well. I would imagine they would like to take a flyer on Alex Leatherwood as a T, but if the report is true that the Raiders got 32 no's then maybe not. I cannot imagine the asking price was steep.

Leatherwood just got cut, so hopefully they bring him in

Just now, adamq said:

Leatherwood just got cut, so hopefully they bring him in

Yeah, Im up for whatever. This offensive line has really dimmed my optimism on the season. They are just bad. Williams and Burford I'm hopeful for and honestly, Brendel hasn't been bad, but there just doesn't appear that there is going to be much time for Trey and the last thing this team needs is for this guy to go Darnold on them and start seeing things that are not there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Poe released? Why? 

And remember reports that he was taking reps from Banks with the first team OL? So we went from that to him being released???

I dont think he is strong enough right now. Needs a year or two to add strength before he is viable. Was getting eaten alive inside from what I remember. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Poe released? Why? 

And remember reports that he was taking reps from Banks with the first team OL? So we went from that to him being released???

I read something on Twitter saying that because he's still pretty unknown and was a UDFA G that they should have a fairly easy time getting him to the PS as opposed to other known guys. 

It's a gamble for sure, but they must feel pretty good about it.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been out of the loop all day, where is one place to check all the cuts made?

This might work for you. I'm not sure how up to date it is, but seems to be accurate from what I can tell. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-2022-roster-cuts-tracker-a-running-list-of-team-by-team-moves-and-preseason-cuts-for-all-32-clubs/

• Like 1