College Football Week 1 Thread: HERE WE (REALLY) GO!

MikeT14

Just now, jrry32 said:

I have trouble trusting the Harbawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

He is certainly confident. And unlike Emory, he's already showing flashes of throwing with anticipation. Mullen refusing to start AR until the UGA game was such malpractice. Glad he was fired.

Thanks for reminding me Emory existed just as I was getting over my PTSD. 

I know you and were like just **** Emory Dan and let AR figure out of. But no. He's good in practice or whatever. Who cares

• Like 1

Stroud refuses to run and would rather throw into double coverage then pick up an easy first with his legs. 

Offensively they really need to adjust their identity. You can’t just air it out every play and win a title. Has to be some balance.

Edited by NateDawg

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sadly, I don’t think so, and we don’t have the great defense that we had last year.  

The schedule is extremely light this year too.  We may get surprised in the SECCG again. 

That D looks nasty to me. Granted, Bo Nix is trash. But Carter impressed me more than Wyatt and Davis last year. Y'all's LB group is still elite. And on paper, your DB group should be great. (Of course, things don't always go how they should on paper.) 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I'll tell you right now, he's not going to be "great" even by winning college titles standards, but he can still win again. I have no ******* idea who UGA has though. Lots some dudes and they reload, just don't know them. 

They've definitely got some dudes. Perk of recruiting like Bama for years now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Thanks for reminding me Emory existed just as I was getting over my PTSD. 

I know you and were like just **** Emory Dan and let AR figure out of. But no. He's good in practice or whatever. Who cares

Mullen favors seniority. I doubt Emory was even better in practice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll tell you right now, he's not going to be "great" even by winning college titles standards, but he can still win again. I have no ******* idea who UGA has though. Lots some dudes and they reload, just don't know them. 

Two four * (Carson Beck, Gunnar Stockton) and one 5 * (Brock Vandagriff)

If he struggles, I expect the calls for Beck or Vandagriff to come quickly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Ohio State loses tonight my fall will be completely wide open before Labor Day with the Browns quarterback situation. I’m kind of torn.

You can't quit either. You'd just pain watch both

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That D looks nasty to me. Granted, Bo Nix is trash. But Carter impressed me more than Wyatt and Davis last year. Y'all's LB group is still elite. And on paper, your DB group should be great. (Of course, things don't always go how they should on paper.) 

They've definitely got some dudes. Perk of recruiting like Bama for years now.

We will see, things did look good today, but it was against Bo Nix, and the first game of Lanning’s tenure.  Also, losing him as a play-caller will be tough.