Jimmy G is staying

John232

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Like, it amuses me to know end that the dude who just brought back Jimmy G because he doesn't GAF what anyone things or says or writes about is also the guy that apparently got bullied into going against what he wants multiple times at the QB position lol 

Yeah dude, these 'experts' are just insufferable. A lot like a number of the folks calling Trey a bust in the news thread because of this move lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question - 

if I put the over under on Jimmy starts at 3.5, are you taking the over or under? 

Under

The clip John posted from Crocky says it all to me... whether the rest of the world believes it or not, Kyle knows how much value a proven vet QB (should) have, and isn't just giving up on that. To me it's not worth the headaches, but all it takes is one injury

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Under

The clip John posted from Crocky says it all to me... whether the rest of the world believes it or not, Kyle knows how much value a proven vet QB (should) have, and isn't just giving up on that. To me it's not worth the headaches, but all it takes is one injury

I think this gets pretty interesting if this team is 3-6 after 9 games, and I could see that.  5 games against The Rams (x2), Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers in those first nine. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think this gets pretty interesting if this team is 3-6 after 9 games, and I could see that.  5 games against The Rams (x2), Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers in those first nine. 

Very possible, and Lance being a complete disaster could and probably should mean the end of Shanny. But if Jimmy turns it around & makes another run like last year, it would save Kyle's job.

Again, from the beginning in almost every decision the Niners have made the have stated what they were going to do. They said that they wanted to trade Jimmy. I believe they tried. They said anything was possible when it came to Jimmy being on the roster. Here we are. They said they wouldn't just give him away for free. They didn't. They also said this was Lance's team. The reports of the team speaking with Trey and Jimmy about it show this to be the case. I don't see the team looking back unless they have to due to injury. Jimmy provides insurance for the team, but they also wanted to do this to expand the time and chances that they can deal him for what they want. If they end up finding a suitor with an injury issue and get a 1st or 2nd they are geniuses. If they don't he walks for free. It becomes a game of chance and they have a locker room that has proven the ability to handle this before. 

My preference was that they moved on long ago and used the money to build the offensive line to help protect their investment. Did they mismanage this? You can say that because on it's face not doing everything within your power to help said investment doesn't make sense. However, this feels like they are acknowledging their mistake without saying so and doing what they can to save it. If it works out then the answer may be that they didn't mismanage it. 

I absolutely do not view this as the team not having faith in Trey. You don't trade everything you did to get him and then start giving up on him after 2 regular season starts, 2 training camps (1 as the starter) and a handful of preseason snaps. This is the team making themselves better at a specific position while ultimately extending their window to move Jimmy for what they want.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just don't see them making the change without an injury. Now, couple these results with some sort of a nagging injury and yeah.