Jimmy G is staying

John232

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm here for the "We Want Jimmy" chants 

social media and forums are going to be unbearable wirh Lance. I already unfollowed “as a former scout” but i can’t see his profile now. it’s probably biblical.

Just now, Forge said:

I'm here for the "We Want Jimmy" chants 

Trey would have to be dirt bad for this to happen. To the point that even the analytical whiz kids would acquiesce that Jimmy gives the better chances to win, lack of tools and quality metric performance be damned. And dem folks ain't gonna give ground to that possibility easily lol. 

I can't imagine Shanahan picking a QB and the offense being that bad for that long for those type of chants to start. 

Just as many of us have put together already; this move does not mean Jimmy is going to be here for the duration of the season. Even if Jimmy does stick around, it's really not a bad thing in my mind. If Trey goes down, our season is sunk without Jimmy. We have some security to start the season and maybe trade him off if someone goes down, if not we have an insurance policy for us to make another deep run while clearing the majority of his cap number. If everything goes right he should be healthy to hit FA next year if we can't move him and should get some form of comp pick in return. Win win imo. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cHaInBrEaKeRiii said:

Idk about that. Kyle will stick with Lance unless he absolutely can't. That's not gonna be after one bad game from Lance.

Given shanny's track record with young players and the competency of Jimmy, wouldn't at all be shocked if it happens. He's going to have to be bad, but not out of the realm of possibility. 

There will be a field day if this team loses to Chicago with Lance struggling and fields playing well

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given shanny's track record with young players and the competency of Jimmy, wouldn't at all be shocked if it happens. He's going to have to be bad, but not out of the realm of possibility. 

There will be a field day if this team loses to Chicago with Lance struggling and fields playing well

And this team tends to start really slowly offensively under Shanahan. Maybe it's the way they handle preseason. Maybe it's Garoppolo's laissez-faire personality. I theorize that Shanahan himself is a counter puncher - he wants to know how people and schemes prefer to play his pet plays and then hit em up with the okie doke. It's why Shanahan kind of is the mirror opposite of Kingsbury, who just runs his same stuff all the time and the Cardinals jump out hot with a ton of reps and feel for all of their plays before tailing off when their patterns emerge. Shanahan has said previously that he still doesn't have a feel for how teams are going to defend Lance. In the Texans game last year, they had a hard high safety spy on Lance while the front 8 ignored him as a booter and runner. And Shanahan hit them up in the second half with boots and quarterback playaction bombs that really took advantage of that super aggressive safety run fitting. 

Edited by JIllg
I am bad at the words.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah,  if we lose somehow and Fields has a good day against our defense, yeah! 100% fans, analysts, experts will have a field day! 

Edited by cHaInBrEaKeRiii