best 2k rushing season since 00

Kiwibrown

2k rushing  

49 members have voted

1. 1. best 2k season

2. 2. 2nd most impressive

3. 3. 3rd most impressive season

Rank the best season by these 2k rushers. 

Chris Johnson 2008 358 carries 2006 yards 14tds long 91 125.4 ypg 5.6ypc 503 receiving yards and 2tds

Adrian Peterson 2012 348 carries 2097 yards 12tds long 82 131.1 YPG 6.0 ypc 217 receiving yards 1 td

Derrick Henry 2020 378 carries 2027 yards 17tds long 94 126.7 ypg 5.4 YPC 114 receiving yards 

I don't have any real analysis, but:

1. CJ2K - I mean, it was added to his name. The only season I remember an RB being this electric was 2006 LT. Watching Chris Johnson this year felt like a never ending highlight reel - he was 99 speed personified.

2. AP - Who doesn't like a comeback story? Especially a comeback story that is running over defenders left and right.

3. DH - Basically AP's year without the season ending injury the year before.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't have any real analysis, but:

1. CJ2K - I mean, it was added to his name. The only season I remember an RB being this electric was 2006 LT. Watching Chris Johnson this year felt like a never ending highlight reel - he was 99 speed personified.

2. AP - Who doesn't like a comeback story? Especially a comeback story that is running over defenders left and right.

3. DH - Basically AP's year without the season ending injury the year before.

I agree that AP and henry were similar- Henry seemed to fight the most to get to 2k while CJ2K was the most electric player in the NFL for a year. 

as a titans fan i'm biased but CJ's season was really, really special. a lot of people don't realize he also broke marshall faulk's single season yards from scrimmage record that year too. his receiving contributions were way more than henry or peterson's. he would've had a legit shot at dickerson's rushing yards record if not for a really unfortunate holding call that brought back a 60+ yard TD in the final week of the season (it wasn't a bad call, but the sad thing was it was a totally unnecessary hold- johnson was already well past the guy. i still remember! lol). part of me is frustrated that fisher ran him into the ground so quickly because in a more modern offense he could've been a better alvin kamara, but man oh man what a season that was. 

AP is second largely due to the ACL tear and he had a worse supporting cast around him at the time. henry's season was incredible but 2k wasn't even really on anybody's minds, and then he did what he does and went off for like 250 in the final week of the season lol. which is of course a testament to how special he is, but i'd have him ever so slightly below AP.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The 2008 Titans had Kerry Collins as their QB, so it's not like CJ2K was working with Aaron Rodgers out there.

2009 was CJ's 2K season, but doesn't really change your point, as it was in fact a QB carousel between collins and vince young lol

• Like 1

Leaning AP, just because of how awful that team was as a whole, plus the ACL recovery. Really was “put the team on my back” level. 

CJ2K was more of a highlight reel and had more “wow” plays.

Edited by Yin-Yang