The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Doesn't mean I should pay to have it built.   But I can see why they would ask.  Because they can.  I would too if I were them.

They’ll get it too. There’s always push back and yet every one of these except with Kroenke in LA (who I don’t believe was asking for it anyway) ends up with the public footing at least some of the bill. Expecting anything other than that to happen in AH would be incredibly naive IMO. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

We’ll that’s mildly disappointing.

The league has been slowly moving away from the retractable roof for the last several years.  It adds significant expense, and you can do so many cool things to get natural light into the stadium these days.  SoFi for example.  

I seriously can not wait to go to a game at this best in class stadium.  The HOF is going to be amazing.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Not really. It'll just be a dome, just like Vegas and Minnesota. He even cited Minnesota's when talking about the importance of significant natural light

46 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The league has been slowly moving away from the retractable roof for the last several years.  It adds significant expense, and you can do so many cool things to get natural light into the stadium these days.  SoFi for example.  

I seriously can not wait to go to a game at this best in class stadium.  The HOF is going to be amazing.

To be clear, i was being literal with the “mildly” part.  It would be nice to still have an open stadium for the September/early October games and some summer concerts.  But i wouldn’t expect them to pay the hundreds of millions (just guessing here) to add a retractable roof for what?  3-4 games a year?  And those seats will still be filled, roof or no roof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

To be clear, i was being literal with the “mildly” part.  It would be nice to still have an open stadium for the September/early October games and some summer concerts.  But i wouldn’t expect them to pay the hundreds of millions (just guessing here) to add a retractable roof for what?  3-4 games a year?  And those seats will still be filled, roof or no roof.

This is how I feel too.  Having an retractable dome is nice but it's not essential.