2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I have to wonder if trading the Texans and colts is the move over just trading the colts simply because if the Texans love Young and the colts take him at 1, we might see the Texans and cards taking Anderson and Carter. At that point, we’d potentially be reaching for a player if we selected at 4 (and by reaching, I assume we could get them a few picks later with qb hungry teams nearby)

Then Poles either selects Wilson or trades down again. IMO Wilson is one of 4 blue chip guys in this draft. Anderson,, Carter, Wilson and the Texas RB. Murphy does have loads of potential but is so stiff as a rusher. I don't believe flexibility can be coached. 

4 minutes ago, RTD said:

Then Poles either selects Wilson or trades down again. IMO Wilson is one of 4 blue chip guys in this draft. Anderson,, Carter, Wilson and the Texas RB. Murphy does have loads of potential but is so stiff as a rusher. I don't believe flexibility can be coached. 

The Bosa's & even Julius Peppers would disagree...I remember reading how Peppers barely ever lifted weights during his career which is insane and said one of the most important pieces of equipment he ever used for a tennis ball which he used for flexibility.

Another guy I have been late too but I suspect this coaching staff will really like in the mid-later rounds is Minnesota CB Terrell Smith...6-0" 207lbs with 32'6/8" arms and an overall thick build...he is really physical and aggressive against the run and clearly enjoys that aspect of the game...likes to play press coverage and challenge receivers...has some natural ball skills...seems pretty fast and athletic on tape as well so it will be interesting to see how he tests at the combine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Another guy I have been late too but I suspect this coaching staff will really like in the mid-later rounds is Minnesota CB Terrell Smith...6-0" 207lbs with 32'6/8" arms and an overall thick build...he is really physical and aggressive against the run and clearly enjoys that aspect of the game...likes to play press coverage and challenge receivers...has some natural ball skills...seems pretty fast and athletic on tape as well so it will be interesting to see how he tests at the combine.

Do you see him as a NB or the CB? Another question off of this is, which positions are we hunting for in FA and which in draft. Is Gordon going to stay at CB or go back to NB?

4 hours ago, RTD said:

Do you see him as a NB or the CB? Another question off of this is, which positions are we hunting for in FA and which in draft. Is Gordon going to stay at CB or go back to NB?

This is why I’d like for them targeting someone like Byron Murphy in FA. Murphy like Gordon has inside out versatility, and while ideally I’d like to see Gordon settle predominantly at one or the other (don’t care which) I like the idea of having multiple guys who can do both on the field at basically all times too. I think it would make us harder to scheme unfavorable matchups against. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Definitely a higher upside, but also a Gaines Adams type floor (on the field, no disrespect)

While Wilson is a guy you can likely count on for his entire career, who still could be a plus-plus rusher if all things go right in his development

Agree about Murphy having the lower floor. I’m a HUGE fan of Wilson and over Murphy, for several reasons: high floor (along with the high ceiling), scheme versatility (I think he would crush as a 5T in a 3-4), plus run defense.  

I wonder if they don’t maybe view some of the bigger edge guys as potential 3T, either all the time or at least on obvious passing downs. Tuli Tuipulotu would be an obvious one since he was a DT some in college too, but maybe Wilson too, or  Keion White or Adebawore from Northwestern. White checked in at the Senior Bowl at 6’4” 280lb with 33 5/8” arms. Adebawore was 6’1” 284lb with 34” arms. Both look to have a ton of power too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RTD said:

Smith for me looks like an outside classic Cover 2/3 CB…I would keep Gordon at nickel and let him play there as much as possible as I think we asked too much of him as a rookie playing inside & out…nickel is a starting spot in this defence and one of the most important so it makes sense to lock him in there…only way that changes for me is if Kenny Moore II becomes available.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pro Days other than interviews are a stupid waste of time.  I wouldn't even watch them throw. 

If you fall in love with a QB after a pro day you aren't qualified to be an NFL GM.

7ca2028d-d855-479a-b3ee-b5baad5a4d48-061

He did well with most other things hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

in his defense a ton of people came away drooling on ZW after that day

Dont all of these QB prospects have the same guy/group running their Pro Day script now? And they all include the "roll out/throw across your body" wow throw that everyone starts creaming their jeans over?

I think that draft, literally every single one of the QB prospects made that same throw and everyone clutched their pearls over it. If they can all do it in their Pro Day, then that should be a blaring horn that it doesnt separate any of them

• Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, Madmike90 said:

Starling Thomas is another sleeper CB I like

On 2/15/2023 at 3:18 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Dont all of these QB prospects have the same guy/group running their Pro Day script now? And they all include the "roll out/throw across your body" wow throw that everyone starts creaming their jeans over?

I think that draft, literally every single one of the QB prospects made that same throw and everyone clutched their pearls over it. If they can all do it in their Pro Day, then that should be a blaring horn that it doesnt separate any of them

Many HS QBs can "make all the throws" in shorts and a t-shirt.

It means almost nothing.  It's all a stupid waste of time.

What they show in scripted throwing exhibition is bare minimum of what it takes to be an NFL QB.  

Combine throwing and catching for that matter is also a complete waste of time.   

Only thing that matters is true body measurements, medicals, and interviews.

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Many HS QBs can "make all the throws" in shorts and a t-shirt.

It means almost nothing.  It's all a stupid waste of time.

What they show in scripted throwing exhibition is bare minimum of what it takes to be an NFL QB.  

Combine throwing and catching for that matter is also a complete waste of time.   

Only thing that matters is true body measurements, medicals, and interviews.

If the combine would’ve shown how Kirk Cousins throws a dodgeball (as we saw at the pro bowl), nfl teams wouldve known he’s not a playoff caliber qb 

• Like 2