2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Pre combine my cloud of players I'd be most interested in for the 1st-3rd round range (many of these are potential trade backs) is such... ( THIS LIST IS IN ORDER)

Will Anderson-DE

Jalen Carter-3t

Tyree Wilson-DE

Paris Johnson-LT

Broderick Jones-RT

Devon Witherspoon-CB

Dawand Jones - RT

Jahmyr Gibbs-RB (This is way rich for a running back, but I think he'd be an absolute force in our offense. 2k+ yards from scrimmage year 1 level of production)

JSN-WR

Jalen Hyatt-WR  (I actually like more than JSN overall, but given the rest of our team I think JSN fits better)

Skoronski - OG  (I feel like I'm way lower than most on him and guard only)

Quentin Johnston -WR  (I have him much lower than most  because he's a imo the riskiest pick of this list so far, even if his potential is top 5 talent)

Myles Murphy - Edge (the talent to be an elite NFL edge rusher is there.... but he doesn't live up to it.)

Darnell Washington-TE  (The guy is absolute giant at 6ft 8in and an elite blocker basically adding another OL to your front while still being an extreme mismatch weapon receiving)

Lucas Vann Nes-DE (May actually leapfrog Myles Murphy on my list if he tests well)

John Micheal Schmitz-OC  (Game wise, I really like him,and I think he can stabilize the interior IMMEDIATELY..... he is like Velus Jone's age though)

Calijah Kancey-3t (Undersized, and not quite the athlete Aarond Donald is, but he penetrates gaps like a madmn..... If we don't get carter this is my #2 choice, but would require a potential 2 gapping NT next to him)

Zay Flowers-WR (I've come down on him a bit recently because of size concerns.... Talent wise, this kid is Darnell Mooney, but literally better across the board)

Darnell Wright-RT  (This is where I start losing interest in the RT class.... one of the 3 listed or a FA imo)

Joe Tippman-OC/OG   (I'd prefer his upside as a center long term, but he's talented enough to be an elite guard too)

Siaki Ika-NT   (The thought of pairing this freak with  Carter on the interior could give us the best interior in the league)

Mazi Smith-NT (I've got him right with Siaki..... Siaki is safer, but Mazi is probably the single best athlete of the entire draft he just lacks on "instincts" and at times "effort" levels which push him down here instead of round 1)

Jack Campbell -LB  (This kid is a stud, and would probably be higher on my board if MLB was a bigger need for us. Can he play WILL? Hard to say, but there's major talent here)

Keanu Benton-3T/NT  (Underrated IDL guy who is kind of a tweener between 3t and NT to me for our defense, and I think could fill either role. Ideally, I'd put him as a penetrating NT, but it would require a fairly stout 3t like Carter

3 guys I was on the fence on including but didn't :

Jordan Addison-WR, Josh Downs -WR , Rashee Rice- WR

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I would massively disagree with that statement...

Were never going to agree on Oluwatimi, but why does it matter if a guy can go play Center day one for us (in still an obvious rebuilding year if we’re being Ho eat and realistic) but he doesn’t get much better in the future?

Id rather take a guy who we aren’t expecting to give all that much impact for this season, but we have major hopes for going forward. 

Im not saying that guy is out there even, but what good is a passable starting center,  if that’s all they are going to be, and you’re likely going to either have to pay starting. Obey to or move on from by the time we could be real contenders?

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Pre combine my cloud of players I'd be most interested in for the 1st-3rd round range (many of these are potential trade backs) is such... ( THIS LIST IS IN ORDER)

Will Anderson-DE

Jalen Carter-3t

Tyree Wilson-DE

Paris Johnson-LT

Broderick Jones-RT

Devon Witherspoon-CB

Dawand Jones - RT

Jahmyr Gibbs-RB (This is way rich for a running back, but I think he'd be an absolute force in our offense. 2k+ yards from scrimmage year 1 level of production)

JSN-WR

Jalen Hyatt-WR  (I actually like more than JSN overall, but given the rest of our team I think JSN fits better)

Skoronski - OG  (I feel like I'm way lower than most on him and guard only)

Quentin Johnston -WR  (I have him much lower than most  because he's a imo the riskiest pick of this list so far, even if his potential is top 5 talent)

Myles Murphy - Edge (the talent to be an elite NFL edge rusher is there.... but he doesn't live up to it.)

Darnell Washington-TE  (The guy is absolute giant at 6ft 8in and an elite blocker basically adding another OL to your front while still being an extreme mismatch weapon receiving)

Lucas Vann Nes-DE (May actually leapfrog Myles Murphy on my list if he tests well)

John Micheal Schmitz-OC  (Game wise, I really like him,and I think he can stabilize the interior IMMEDIATELY..... he is like Velus Jone's age though)

Calijah Kancey-3t (Undersized, and not quite the athlete Aarond Donald is, but he penetrates gaps like a madmn..... If we don't get carter this is my #2 choice, but would require a potential 2 gapping NT next to him)

Zay Flowers-WR (I've come down on him a bit recently because of size concerns.... Talent wise, this kid is Darnell Mooney, but literally better across the board)

Darnell Wright-RT  (This is where I start losing interest in the RT class.... one of the 3 listed or a FA imo)

Joe Tippman-OC/OG   (I'd prefer his upside as a center long term, but he's talented enough to be an elite guard too)

Siaki Ika-NT   (The thought of pairing this freak with  Carter on the interior could give us the best interior in the league)

Mazi Smith-NT (I've got him right with Siaki..... Siaki is safer, but Mazi is probably the single best athlete of the entire draft he just lacks on "instincts" and at times "effort" levels which push him down here instead of round 1)

Jack Campbell -LB  (This kid is a stud, and would probably be higher on my board if MLB was a bigger need for us. Can he play WILL? Hard to say, but there's major talent here)

Keanu Benton-3T/NT  (Underrated IDL guy who is kind of a tweener between 3t and NT to me for our defense, and I think could fill either role. Ideally, I'd put him as a penetrating NT, but it would require a fairly stout 3t like Carter

3 guys I was on the fence on including but didn't :

Jordan Addison-WR, Josh Downs -WR , Rashee Rice- WR

First, really like the list, I mirror a lot of them.

Second, do you not have Bijan Robinson on there because you think he will be drafted far too high to bother with? Or just have Gibbs over him? I prefer Robinson but know a few who like Gibbs more overall.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

First, really like the list, I mirror a lot of them.

Second, do you not have Bijan Robinson on there because you think he will be drafted far too high to bother with? Or just have Gibbs over him? I prefer Robinson but know a few who like Gibbs more overall.

Team fit mostly, tbh..... Gibbs I just think fits what we're trying to do better and would be a far more explosive back for us.

Robinson would be Montgomery but better all around.... On most teams he probably is even the superior overall back.... Gibbs would be as good of a zone runner, with more explosive plays, AND the receiving threat we need.  Basically Gibbs I think would be Forte but with breakaway home run threatening speed.

Only reason I have JSN above Hyatt for WR as well.... Hyatt is a big play machine (which to be fair we do need), but he's gonna need a "#1" WR next to him because I see him more as a "home run" guy than JSN who is more of a volume guy (which we currently don't have)

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Were never going to agree on Oluwatimi, but why does it matter if a guy can go play Center day one for us (in still an obvious rebuilding year if we’re being Ho eat and realistic) but he doesn’t get much better in the future?

Id rather take a guy who we aren’t expecting to give all that much impact for this season, but we have major hopes for going forward. 

Im not saying that guy is out there even, but what good is a passable starting center,  if that’s all they are going to be, and you’re likely going to either have to pay starting. Obey to or move on from by the time we could be real contenders?

There are only so many years you can kick the can down the road on a rookie QB contract...we have to have a level of competency around him this year...I am not saying they need to be an instant star but we need at least one rookie up front who we feel comfortable with starting from day one...a Braxton Jones level guy who we know has growing to do and potential to do so but with the floor to start 16 games this season...that could be at centre, guard or tackle. 

this guy is my favorite on YouTube for collected couch scouting. He contradicts himself at times or just doesn’t have good takes (he called Foskey “super bendy” but then in his notes his biggest knock was that he has no bend) but overall I like his insight on some players and he compiled their highlights in an easy way. Otherwise on YouTube it seems you need to seek out insights and highlights/prospect ranking lists individually. 

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

Team fit mostly, tbh..... Gibbs I just think fits what we're trying to do better and would be a far more explosive back for us.

Robinson would be Montgomery but better all around.... On most teams he probably is even the superior overall back.... Gibbs would be as good of a zone runner, with more explosive plays, AND the receiving threat we need.  Basically Gibbs I think would be Forte but with breakaway home run threatening speed.

Only reason I have JSN above Hyatt for WR as well.... Hyatt is a big play machine (which to be fair we do need), but he's gonna need a "#1" WR next to him because I see him more as a "home run" guy than JSN who is more of a volume guy (which we currently don't have)

Gibbs has a lot of Alvin Kamara to his game. He’d be a great fit. I’m sure that means he’ll end up in Kansas City…

As to JSN vs. Hyatt, at least as of today (pre-FA) I think we need the volume chain mover more. Mooney and Claypool can both make plays down the field. Velus’ speed brings a home run dynamic to our offense too (when he got more offensive reps the last 3 weeks he had a 44 yard catch on a deep crosser and a 42 yard TD run). We don’t, however, have a guy at WR who Fields can consistently count on and look for on 3rd and 7 to move the chains, and I think JSN would be exactly that. 

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

Definitely fair, I would love to see GIbbs in a Bears uniform. He and Fields would be home run threats in the run game and he can make a small screen or out a 40 yard play at the drop of the hat.

I like Robinson a lot, I see some comparing him to Saquon or CMC and while I have him graded right there under them I don't have him THAT high or really compare him to them. I actually see more of a lighter Steven Jackson or Le'Veon Bell. He seems to do everything well, can run with power, and is a plus receiver. Doesn't have breakaway speed, but maybe going to 210 again helps that? IDK. I love how hard he fights to get through contact and know that motor immediately makes me biased towards them, but he really digs for every inch. Physically I don't see anything that would be completely elite in itself in the NFL - he isn't the receiver CMC is, doesn't have that Chris Johnson breakaway speed, isn't as shifty as Shady was, doesn't have Henry/Chubb power etc, but damn he has really good tools everywhere. Guy just doesn't seem to have a real weakness. He can run power well or make a great jump-cut if you over-pursue an angle.

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Definitely fair, I would love to see GIbbs in a Bears uniform. He and Fields would be home run threats in the run game and he can make a small screen or out a 40 yard play at the drop of the hat.

I like Robinson a lot, I see some comparing him to Saquon or CMC and while I have him graded right there under them I don't have him THAT high or really compare him to them. I actually see more of a lighter Steven Jackson or Le'Veon Bell. He seems to do everything well, can run with power, and is a plus receiver. Doesn't have breakaway speed, but maybe going to 210 again helps that? IDK. I love how hard he fights to get through contact and know that motor immediately makes me biased towards them, but he really digs for every inch. Physically I don't see anything that would be completely elite in itself in the NFL - he isn't the receiver CMC is, doesn't have that Chris Johnson breakaway speed, isn't as shifty as Shady was, doesn't have Henry/Chubb power etc, but damn he has really good tools everywhere. Guy just doesn't seem to have a real weakness. He can run power well or make a great jump-cut if you over-pursue an angle.

I really can’t see Gibbs falling out of the first round tbh. The reasons why he would aren’t on him so much as rbs being undervalued as a whole and weird team needs in the first, but the back end of the first is full of teams that could use a good all purpose back like him. CMC just recently went for a 2,3,4&5. He’s a known commodity, but also incredibly injury prone and likely only effective 4 more years at most. Gibbs plays similar to him and Kamara and I could see the value he gives an offense as a whole projecting him higher than Robinson, who is an incredible pure rusher. 

Robinson to Monty comp isn’t great. I think a monty floor would be more appropriate. Robinson’s fluidity, change of direction, vision, elusiveness and power are next level. I agree with you that he doesn’t have incredible speed but that’s not a dealbreaker for me on him. (For the record though, almost no one has Chris Johnson speed 😂)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I really can’t see Gibbs falling out of the first round tbh. The reasons why he would aren’t on him so much as rbs being undervalued as a whole and weird team needs in the first, but the back end of the first is full of teams that could use a good all purpose back like him. CMC just recently went for a 2,3,4&5. He’s a known commodity, but also incredibly injury prone and likely only effective 4 more years at most. Gibbs plays similar to him and Kamara and I could see the value he gives an offense as a whole projecting him higher than Robinson, who is an incredible pure rusher. 

Robinson to Monty comp isn’t great. I think a monty floor would be more appropriate. Robinson’s fluidity, change of direction, vision, elusiveness and power are next level. I agree with you that he doesn’t have incredible speed but that’s not a dealbreaker for me on him. (For the record though, almost no one has Chris Johnson speed 😂)

I feel like Gibbs makes it to BUF or PHI and one of them snags him. Singletary has always been a gadget+ player but nothing special, PHI would get a hell of a boost and already has the best OL in the game. They can rebuild the DL in later rounds and likely get 1-2 re-signings.

Hey at least I didn't say he didn't have Jerome Bettis power or Barry Sanders fluidity. 😉

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like Gibbs makes it to BUF or PHI and one of them snags him. Singletary has always been a gadget+ player but nothing special, PHI would get a hell of a boost and already has the best OL in the game. They can rebuild the DL in later rounds and likely get 1-2 re-signings.

Hey at least I didn't say he didn't have Jerome Bettis power or Barry Sanders fluidity. 😉

I mean, they did already take Jordan Davis last year and then didn’t even (have to) use him, so maybe he could still figure in to their DL plans as Hargrave’s successor. 

If you did I would’ve questioned if you have Jerome Bettis’ asthma or if you’re just showing your Barry Sanders age