2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If we decide to keep trading back Van Ness could be an obvious fit.

Hes getting crazy inflated right now. Hes going to keep looking great at the combine, but when you put on the tape, he is still a major project. 

We have the time, I would gladly take on the project for a few years, but someone is likely to over draft him and expect him to be an immediate impact guy. Just not likely to work that way for LVN

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hes getting crazy inflated right now. Hes going to keep looking great at the combine, but when you put on the tape, he is still a major project. 

We have the time, I would gladly take on the project for a few years, but someone is likely to over draft him and expect him to be an immediate impact guy. Just not likely to work that way for LVN

I would agree to a point…I think he can be a flash player early in his career…his rookie highlight tape will be awesome but his game film will show some areas of improvement…one thing I don’t question is his worth ethic and I think he can get there…for me he could become a more physical Trey Hendrickson with a faster career arch to being a quality edge with versatility and upside inside on passing downs.

Edited by Madmike90

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

We have No idea how often this happens, the only reason why we are hearing about this is because the other person doing the racing fatally crashed.

If you have spent any time around a high major athletic program, crazy stuff goes on all the time with stars, and when they are 19-20-21 it absolutely is Kids will be Kids

I know a lot of former collegiate athletes, a few who played at big schools and ended up on NFL rosters, though none with the potential of being drafted.  I partied with more than a few of them.  Partying and getting rowdy is one thing, this is not the same thing.  None of them had the same opportunities on the line and none of them would have been involved in something like this.  I wholeheartedly disagree that this is some sort of common occurrence.  Maybe @CBears019can chime in on how often he's encountered this situation on the LE side of things, but either way, its incredibly stupid and immature to do something like this knowing the draft is just around the corner, I don't care if he's still only 21.  

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Weird thing to say as it would kill his draft stock if he is being serious about it.

It was a weird thing to say but I’m taking it as he hopes he has a career at least that long, not that he wants to walk away that quickly. He comes from more humble beginnings (a hs with no football player recruits before him)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

It was a weird thing to say but I’m taking it as he hopes he has a career at least that long, not that he wants to walk away that quickly. He comes from more humble beginnings (a hs with no football player recruits before him)

that's my thought. i don't fully know the context, but if the average career is 3 years, a player saying he wants to play 5-7 doesn't seem like a red flag to me

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

With the Jalen Carter news... I am leaning towards just trading back to 2 with Houston, pick up 34 and 63 and take Will Anderson.

Absolutely. Watched a few combine interviews with Will Anderson too. Very impressive.