2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

37 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

Bijan Robinson or Chase Claypool? Seems like he might be a 33rd overall pick

Jahmyr Gibbs-RB and Darnell Washington-TE also predicted in that range as well....

Gibbs would be a monster back in our system.... and Washington's value as a receiver already might net more production than Claypool has, before accounting for the fact he's basically be an extra OT/6th Olinemen blocking wise

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Jahmyr Gibbs-RB and Darnell Washington-TE also predicted in that range as well....

Gibbs would be a monster back in our system.... and Washington's value as a receiver already might net more production than Claypool has, before accounting for the fact he's basically be an extra OT/6th Olinemen blocking wise

excellent prospects. I've heard Chris Johnson comparisons with Gibbs (he's only 20) 😮

Washington looks good, but I'm never sure how to evaluate a guy when another player on the field at a similar position is the opponents primary focus. I'm sure Washington was more of a beneficiary of Brock Bowers than the other way around.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

excellent prospects. I've heard Chris Johnson comparisons with Gibbs (he's only 20) 😮

Washington looks good, but I'm never sure how to evaluate a guy when another player on the field at a similar position is the opponents primary focus. I'm sure Washington was more of a beneficiary of Brock Bowers than the other way around.

Gibbs and Robinson are both gone in the 1st round imo. PHI, BUF, and KC all are stacked and have franchise QB caliber players (assuming Hurts doesn't regress) and all could use a receiving back. Pacheco is a hard runner but he would struggle to hold Gibbs off the starting spot. NO might want to move on from Kamara and the Chargers may want to move on from Ekeler since this is his last year under contract. 

I'd love to see Gibbs in a Bears jersey but just don't see it. 

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/06/ryan-poles-chicago-bears-nfl-combine-draft-peter-king-fmia/

A lot of info from King in this article…if he is right in what he is saying we are going to be set up for a long time.

If Poles believes he can get a 1 in 2023, 2024 and 2025 + a couple 2's or 3's, you have to think Houston isn't necessarily a team he's referring to. I'd think the Raiders (although I'd stay at 7 because their OL and secondary are a mess), Panthers and maybe Tennessee are the 3 teams giving the most interest.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

If Poles believes he can get a 1 in 2023, 2024 and 2025 + a couple 2's or 3's, you have to think Houston isn't necessarily a team he's referring to. I'd think the Raiders (although I'd stay at 7 because their OL and secondary are a mess), Panthers and maybe Tennessee are the 3 teams giving the most interest.

Yeah, apparently he said there was an offer from a team "further down than he thought" so I'm guessing one offer is outside the top 10.  While I like the idea of moving to 4 and standing tall and hoping to grab Will Anderson, trading outside of the top 10 and loading up on picks over the next 3 years is also appealing.  Hard to say whats best in the long term, we don't really have much of a grasp on Poles as a drafter yet.  

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/06/ryan-poles-chicago-bears-nfl-combine-draft-peter-king-fmia/

A lot of info from King in this article…if he is right in what he is saying we are going to be set up for a long time.

Seeing Charlie Jones mentioned in the 3rd hurts cause I love the thought of taking him in the 5th or later. But to me the only reason he shouldn’t go earlier is his age. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

He said he talked to 3 teams, and one was later in the draft than he had accounted for. So who would that be? NYG? TB? TB might lowkey be a good move. I think the franchise will start to crumple now, so a 24 and 25 1 could end up being great picks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Carolina just make a ton of sense IMO…they are tight against the cap as is so starting that rookie QB contract just makes sense…add in that stepper is obsessed with finding a QB & their GM & HC are tired of retreads and it just makes for an easy deal that gives us potentially a great player along with 2 or 3 additional 1st & then some…they still have capital from the CMC trade so they wouldn’t be killing themselves around that QB at #1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Carolina just make a ton of sense IMO…

With how bad the NFC South is (and now NO grabbing Carr) with what Carolina already has in place, if they are comfortable with the size, They could be a Playoff team immediately with Bryce Young (even though everyone is connecting them with Richardson)

I say that to temper the Brian Burns/DJ Moore hope in a trade down. But if we go from 1-to-9, that is going to be a MASSIVE haul in picks. (Id guess that might be what Poles has referenced with future Firsts) It just depends on if we want to pass up on the talent available in a lesser deal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have no doubt about what Eisen is saying, these things are probably being said to teams. My only question is, is this just Poles trying to get those interested in #1 (HOU, IND, LV, ATL, CAR, Mystery Team) to come forward with their best offers in the next week, so then he can assess what works best for us.

• Like 2