2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Man I don't know about Jalen Carter after this recent news.

Don't want to rush to judgement but there were already some rumors floating around before this that the guy had some maturity issues and how he wasn't obsessed with football.

Not the kind of stuff that I would personally want to hear for a guy that I would put trust in turning my franchise around 

I personally think we go after Dremont Jones in FA to fill the 3T and look elsewhere in round 1.

Tyree Wilson is a name I am hearing the Bears are connected with and it makes a ton of sense considering his skill set, measurables and production 

Will Anderson is probably a pipe dream at this point. Could be wrong but I just don't think he fits in naturally here as a 4-3 DE

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Man I don't know about Jalen Carter after this recent news.

Don't want to rush to judgement but there were already some rumors floating around before this that the guy had some maturity issues and how he wasn't obsessed with football.

Not the kind of stuff that I would personally want to hear for a guy that I would put trust in turning my franchise around 

I personally think we go after Dremont Jones in FA to fill the 3T and look elsewhere in round 1.

Tyree Wilson is a name I am hearing the Bears are connected with and it makes a ton of sense considering his skill set, measurables and production 

Will Anderson is probably a pipe dream at this point. Could be wrong but I just don't think he fits in naturally here as a 4-3 DE

Yeah trading down for the bigger haul (or trading down with houston then again) then snagging Wilson at Edge or an OT prospect seems like the best play right now.  I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson ends up as a top 6 pick if he tests well too though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

It’s funny seeing people say Carter is still a sure fire top 5 pick when Laremy Tunsil smoking a bong dropped him from top 5 to 13. That video dropping on draft night obviously had a big impact, but that incident is far less concerning imo. 

There is still 7 weeks till the draft and alot can go on . IMO i think Poles was in the drop down to the 7-9-11 slot but was wavering from the supposed great offer from Indy trying to jump Houston and not falling out of the Ëlite Talent" . Who knows but maybe it pushes poles to accept a mega offer from Carolina, LV or TN.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RTD said:

There is still 7 weeks till the draft and alot can go on . IMO i think Poles was in the drop down to the 7-9-11 slot but was wavering from the supposed great offer from Indy trying to jump Houston and not falling out of the Ëlite Talent" . Who knows but maybe it pushes poles to accept a mega offer from Carolina, LV or TN.  

I was down to move to that range before the Carter arrest. If there’s a chance he falls that far that’s great news for us, potentially 

On 3/1/2023 at 11:01 PM, RTD said:

Assuming both options are available to him, which makes more sense for Poles if he’s willing to go beyond the top 4 (meaning out of Carter/Anderson range):

1- A trade to 7 or 9 involving just picks; or

2- A trade down to 16 or so involving picks and players?

Say both these proposals were available: 

-Trade with CAR for 9, 39, 61, their 2024 1 and 2024 3 

-Trade with WSH for 16, 47, 2024 1 and whatever player on their roster you want most (likely McLaurin, Sweat or Payne)

One deal gets you more high draft capital but only mystery boxes, and the other gets you high draft capital, but less, but also an established stud to be a difference maker immediately. Which is a more appealing deal? I would want the one that comes with the known stud plus a future 1, but a strong case could really be made for either. 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Trade with WSH for 16, 47, 2024 1 and whatever player on their roster you want most (likely McLaurin, Sweat or Payne)

If they throw in Payne AND McLaurin and next year's first, I'd be willing to pick swap our first and 2nd for theirs.

Well the NFL suddenly put a paywall between me and the combine. Been watching the highlights and it seems like the event as a whole is losing its luster. NIL deals, only doing certain drills, opting out of bowl games, etc. got to really dig into the tape.

I'm down on Anderson and Carter at #1 to the Bears but would still love either with a trade down. Would prefer to trade down as much as possible (within the top 10) I was caught up in the new EDGE classification these writers put on players half these guys can play 4-3 DE including My.Murphy and Ty.Wilson in my opinion. Still liking the idea of a new MLB in the early rounds to pair with new DL in round 1

Will keep reading your posts and evaluating. Hopefully we're in for a really fun month or two 

44 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Question: if the bears took Texas rb Bijan Robinson instead of Texas rb Cedric Benson, would they have won the Super Bowl in 2007?

Id say no, since he was only 5. 

Bijan Robinson or Chase Claypool? Seems like he might be a 33rd overall pick

29 minutes ago, Pool said:

I don't like this perspective....ugh

Why not? If the Bears had the pick wouldn't they be targeting a RB like him. Makes sense to me especially looking at FA WR class vs RB class

Another guy I'd want with the 33rd pick would be MLB Drew Sanders as likely the top 2 or 3 WR's will be off the board by then. Looking back at this trade after the draft will highlight some of the savviness by Ryan Poles. 

Edited by anonymousGM