2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s a gamble on their level of desperation, but yeah likely an unlikely trade piece. Considering it would likely take 2 1sts at least to trade for him straight up. 

Carter was a contemplation at 1 and Wilson one at 4, so either at 9 is an absolute win, if we can assume they’re as advertised 

Yup.

Corner is also deep enough that I’d be comfortable waiting til the second. I’d be remiss if we went corner with our first pick again with so much available talent. 

Generally, I believe Poles wants to stick to his board with premium position weight added in.   My guess is those corners I mentioned are higher on his board than JSN or likely two of them are.   Next best corner is Deonte Banks who I am guessing goes in later first or very early 2nd.   A drop off after that at position, but still some viable guys.  

You make a good point with which I agree.  From a draft strategy point of view and roster building, Poles also has to consider the huge drop off in WR talent after first.   Why I switched my simulator strategy to trading down and taking JSN (then all Carolina talk started and it made a lot of sense).   

When you run the simulations - which boards are slowly getting better - it works out much better, I think and have seen it bare out on all of them, when you snag JSN right off bat at 9 or 16 depending on who you trade down with.   Because other positions are much deeper in quality than WR in this class.  

I listened to QJ’s interview the other day and dear god he has the deepest voice I’ve ever heard for a WR. I’m getting more on board with him but less so if we take him top 15. what I specifically look for when I scout players, what I like is pretty much everything JSN does. 

Downs is similar to Flowers for me. Route technician, decent speed, but certainly less dangerous after the catch to me. Would like him in the second though for sure. 

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

When you run the simulations - which boards are slowly getting better - it works out much better, I think and have seen it bare out on all of them, when you snag JSN right off bat at 9 or 16 depending on who you trade down with.   Because other positions are much deeper in quality than WR in this class.  

If the packers like JSN and know we do too, we won’t see him at 16. They’re evil like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Is red font bad?

It was the weapon of choice for one of our late members here, @ChicagoAl  you either loved him or hated him, he was a character but he was one of the first names I’d think of when I thought of bears posters here. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It was the weapon of choice for one of our late members here, @ChicagoAl  you either loved him or hated him, he was a character but he was one of the first names I’d think of when I thought of bears posters here. 

When @ChicagoAl broke out the red font it was like you were in elementary school again and you got a test back that you didn't study for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Years ago when I was coaching I was in a coaching forum. 

The older members would always respond to long posts with quote interjected with red like I did.

I started doing same.

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Years ago when I was coaching I was in a coaching forum. 

The older members would always respond to long posts with quote interjected with red like I did.

I started doing same.

I wasn’t genuinely bothered by you using it lol. You do you king