2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

eek

Apparently couldn’t even get through the drills…this has now became a real concern…top 10 is gone IMO…question is does he slip out the 1st round with how bad this offseason has been for him…if I am in a draft room and playing devils advocate then I am asking if he is Albert Haynesworth 2.0? If he is it’s such a waste of talent.

• Like 1

So, per the Score, there are multiple reports that Carter did not even finish his position drills due to cramping and being out of shape. Now that is concerning. I would be surprised if we select him now even if he falls to us unless there is some sort of other explanation.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Apparently couldn’t even get through the drills…this has now became a real concern…top 10 is gone IMO…question is does he slip out the 1st round with how bad this offseason has been for him…if I am in a draft room and playing devils advocate then I am asking if he is Albert Haynesworth 2.0? If he is it’s such a waste of talent.

I’m thinking this takes off the Bears board in the first round at least. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We were posting this at the same time it looks. This is really disappointing. I would imaging that Poles and Flus are out at this point.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I am going to wait to see what the real story is with all of this. If you have cramps, then you have cramps and you dont push through them to injure yourself. It does mean that private workouts, and background on him becomes much more important, once again, a puzzle piece we will never get to see.

9 pounds is nothing, especially coming off the combine, the one time where you have cut as much weight as you ever will in your life. If we didnt get a word of "out of shape" there, I dont believe he could be so drastically different in less than 2 weeks

Also, Albert was great, it wasnt till he cashed in that he dropped off the cliff

6 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/jalen-carter-struggles-at-georgias-pro-day-reportedly-doesnt-finish-drills/

An article to add some more context. I would hope that he would do some individual workouts now but I guess we will see.

I do want to clarify, this is absolutely a black mark on his draft resume. But I doubt the whole story is just "hes lazy, out of shape, and doesnt care". If that is the case, then absolutely, he will be dropping like a rock.

Id bet its more likely that hes fighting some illness, and wanted to still preform with everyone out there to see him. Which isnt great as far as advice from his inner circle. Those "dropping him out of the First Round" are completely over reacting.

• Like 1