Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Do I start McLaurin and Brian Robinson tonight over Etienne and Adam Thielen?

I'd start Robinson for sure. Game script should be in his favor to perform, light matchup...ETN gets Buffalo which I don't love. 

I don't mind starting thielen if it's a ppr league. He's more of a floor play than ceiling play, but he's a lock for 13-14 points. Nice matchup for Terry, but season has kind of been underwhelming. 

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm starting JT if he's cleared. I know it takes RBs a while to get back to 100% and used to the game speed, but I need a miracle to save my season and he's an enormous potential reward.

I'm starting him over Doubs.

I want no part of JT this week. Even if he's a full go, that matchup is terrible. 

I'm starting Christian Watson over him in the one league I have him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I want no part of JT this week. Even if he's a full go, that matchup is terrible. 

I'm starting Christian Watson over him in the one league I have him. 

I was thinking of starting JT over Pierce and Hall this week but still thinking on it... Pierce is vs ATL who has only given up one rushing TD all year. I was excited to hear that the Jets aren't going to limit Hall's snaps anymore, but trusting in that offense... oof.

Definitely think JT has the most upside and they are raving about his health.... but obviously it is a massive unknown so not sure if it is worth the gamble.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I was thinking of starting JT over Pierce and Hall this week but still thinking on it... Pierce is vs ATL who has only given up one rushing TD all year. I was excited to hear that the Jets aren't going to limit Hall's snaps anymore, but trusting in that offense... oof.

Definitely think JT has the most upside and they are raving about his health.... but obviously it is a massive unknown so not sure if it is worth the gamble.

A lot could depend on what your situation is. 

Like, I'm tied for second in this league at 3-1 (should be 4-0, but I digress) and I'm playing the #1 team who is 4-0 who has some nice matchups (Brian Robinson / Howell against Chicago, Mahomes against Minnesota, JJ in what will likely be a catchup game). Its a superflex league and I'm actually thinking about sitting Dak as my second QB in favor of Breece Hall as well. The team I'm playing is obviously very good, and I really just can't take 3 point game if they limit his snaps against a really tough opponent. 

So I have:

Tua 

Bijan

Pollard

Davante 

Olave

Breece Hall  

Christian Watson

and then on my bench 

Dak & JT21. I may still change some things (I'm trying really hard to trade JT21 so if I can get that done before the weekend, I may have a player I feel more comfortable popping in there), but I think I feel reasonably comfortable going to war with that starting lineup as opposed to playing Dak against a 49ers defense he hasn't played well against for 2 years and Taylor who is a complete unknown. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

A lot could depend on what your situation is. 

Like, I'm tied for second in this league at 3-1 (should be 4-0, but I digress) and I'm playing the #1 team who is 4-0 who has some nice matchups (Brian Robinson / Howell against Chicago, Mahomes against Minnesota, JJ in what will likely be a catchup game). Its a superflex league and I'm actually thinking about sitting Dak as my second QB in favor of Breece Hall as well. The team I'm playing is obviously very good, and I really just can't take 3 point game if they limit his snaps against a really tough opponent. 

So I have:

Tua 

Bijan

Pollard

Davante 

Olave

Breece Hall  

Christian Watson

and then on my bench 

Dak & JT21. I may still change some things (I'm trying really hard to trade JT21 so if I can get that done before the weekend, I may have a player I feel more comfortable popping in there), but I think I feel reasonably comfortable going to war with that starting lineup as opposed to playing Dak against a 49ers defense he hasn't played well against for 2 years and Taylor who is a complete unknown. 

Makes sense. I'll have to really think about this one and see if the gamble is worth it lol. I am definitely a bit worried cause Kenneth Walker has been solid at worst this year but is on a bye and Puka has been amazing... but with Kupp's return I am expecting a significant drop in targets soon(hopefully not this week, but it is very possible).

So while my team has been good it might not be all that good this week... I'll just keep following the news on JT and Hall and make a gameday decision lol.

37 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

James Cook vs Jacksonville

Isiah Pacheco @ MN

Dameon Pierce @ ATL

.5 per carry along with PPR. All Tds are six points.

I am leaning Cook and Pacheco at the moment.

Until the Houston offensive line is back to some degree of health, I'm going to continue to fade Pierce. I just can't do it. He's pretty consistently getting no yardage before contact. I don't think the atlanta matchup is a great one either. It's not terrifying, but I don't think it's a plus matchup 

With bye weeks underway, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. Right now, I have WR Cooper Kupp in the starting lineup, considering his potential return. However, I have two other WRs on a Bye Week, and Amon-Ra St. Brown is doubtful, leaving me with only Romeo Doubs and Tutu Atwell as viable options at WR. As for my RBs, they are either on bye weeks or have already played. I'm hesitant to start both Kupp and Atwell, and I'm also reluctant to drop anyone from my bench. I did pick up the Dolphins defense to replace Dallas vs San Francisco.

Should I drop Dolphins defense and start Dallas to pick up another WR? The following WR are in FA:
Kendrick Bourne vs NO
Braxton Berrios vs NYG
Nick Westbrooke-Ikhine @IND
Kalif Raymond vs CAR
Josh Downs vs TEN
Terrace Marshall JR @DET

Or should I just play Kupp and Atwell with Dolphins defense?

Edited by xlfrosti

I have started Anthony Richardson twice this year, week 2 and week 5.  Both games he gets hurt after starting out strong.  At least week 2 he got a couple rushing TDs but could have scored more.  Yesterday he was a killer.  So moral of the story, don't start Richardson when I say you should.  Guess I am back to Dak, ugh.