Peters to Dallas

D82

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

Figured this should get it's own thread

I posted on the Tyron Smith injury thread. In short, the FO is looking to get anyone that will play for, what will be or close to, league minimum.

My opinion is that he is wayyy past his prime, injury prone more so than Smith and will probably present more of a threat to Dak than protection as opposing defenses will key on Peters with a younger, quicker and at this point in his career, stronger player.

But, I could be wrong.

29 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I posted on the Tyron Smith injury thread. In short, the FO is looking to get anyone that will play for, what will be or close to, league minimum.

My opinion is that he is wayyy past his prime, injury prone more so than Smith and will probably present more of a threat to Dak than protection as opposing defenses will key on Peters with a younger, quicker and at this point in his career, stronger player.

But, I could be wrong.

Old man started 15 games last season for a Chicago and graded out as their best Lineman. He is quality insurance over what we have right now. He could arguably be our 2nd best lineman as of signing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Old man started 15 games last season for a Chicago and graded out as their best Lineman. He is quality insurance over what we have right now. He could arguably be our 2nd best lineman as of signing. 

Certainly worth a shot. Nothing to lose at this point.

9 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

But, I could be wrong.

Is he old? Yes. Can he still play? It appears so. Can he hold down the position better than anyone else on our roster? It appears that way.

Tyler Smith pick once again proves that Jerry's team is genius or among the best in the business. Just hasn't translated to finding the coach or picking high enough to land a HoF QB. But talent evaluation and drafting for need has been spot on for the past ten years and above average since the Campo years.

You can go back to Randy Moss. Highest rated player they've ever rated and to date the most talented player to have ever played the game.

Edited by WheatieMan