Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ouch! Crazy thing is he stayed in to play after this hit.

But if it's an MCL sprain, then he should be out for about a month, which isn't ideal but we fairly got lucky here. Deebo is going to see a heavy dose of carries until Mitchell returns. 

If only the two running backs we took in the third round had any expectation of being good as replacements lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

If only the two running backs we took in the third round had any expectation of being good as replacements lol.

TDP would actually help us in those short down situations. 

Mason is going to shine if given an opportunity though. Just bummed Mitchell got hurt as he was easily on pace to surpass a 100 yards. 

Oh well, need to just find a way to overcome his injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So do the Cowboys call and make a move for Jimmy? Would Jimmy want to go there or would he rather stay here as a backup and wait his turn if Lance was to get hurt? Dak is likely going to be missing around two months, if not more. The Cowboys have a solid roster so Jimmy can help them potentially make the playoffs and be in line for a good payday this offseason. The Cowboys also have the cap space available to fit him in, not that it was going to be a big problem with the restructure. 

Lynch and Shanny are probably thinking damnit, why could Dak get hurt two weeks ago opposed to now lol.

No. Dak is only out 6-8 weeks from initial reports and they have their bye in week 9.   They wouldn't give up what it would take to get Jimmy for that short a period of time. 

I'm reasonably sure that Jimmy isn't going to get traded this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

4. Interior offensive line: While the team's gamble on Hufanga came up aces today, the interior offensive line gamble crapped out. Banks fell over backwards before holding on one rep. Burford got skunked on at least two others. McGlinchey struggled with Trevis Gipson. It was a team bad effort in terms of pass blocking. In terms of run blocking, I thought everything went quite well (although the Bears are a light, fast defense built to deal with the pass). 

I thought the numbers I saw were that the bears generated pressure on about 35% of the drop backs and they never blitzed a single time. Good luck succeeding with that lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. Dak is only out 6-8 weeks from initial reports and they have their bye in week 9.   They wouldn't give up what it would take to get Jimmy for that short a period of time. 

I'm reasonably sure that Jimmy isn't going to get traded this year. 

Allbright mentioned that the Niners still want to trade Jimmy, if possible.

Only 6-8 weeks? I mean can we really use the word "only" in this sentence? That's going to be damn near half the season. The Docs think it will be at the minimum a two month recovery, if not more. His loss could pretty much end the Cowboys season or put them in a deep hole. It won't cost much to get Jimmy either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only 6-8 weeks? I mean can we really use the word "only" in this sentence? That's going to be damn near half the season. The Docs think it will be at the minimum a two month recovery, if not more. His loss could pretty much end the Cowboys season or put them in a deep hole. It won't cost much to get Jimmy either. 

I'd wager it costs more than a third, and when you count the money and the fact that it would take at least a couple of weeks to get up to speed on the playbook and be functional, I think you can certainly use "only". Juice is not worth the squeeze. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd wager it costs more than a third, and when you count the money and the fact that it would take at least a couple of weeks to get up to speed on the playbook and be functional, I think you can certainly use "only". Juice is not worth the squeeze. 

More than a 3rd? Yeah, I don't see that unless it is based on some clauses of a certain amount of starts or wins. 

A 3rd or 4th is what he will go for at this point...If moved at all.

6-8 weeks MINIMUM qualifies for more than "only" when there are 16 weeks left in a season. We are talking about in between 38-50% missed time for Dak the rest of the way...Again at MINIMUM. Some docs don't think it is a guaranteed he returns after 8 weeks since recovery can be tricky. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More than a 3rd? Yeah, I don't see that unless it is based on some clauses of a certain amount of starts or wins. 

The niners probably think that they are going to get a third as a comp pick. Hell, it should be the starting point of negotiations for the 49ers. "If you trade for Jimmy, you're just going to get a third round comp pick back when he leaves". Trading Jimmy still negatively impacts the 49ers. They will want value, and the Cowboys are in the NFC. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A 3rd or 4th is what he will go for at this point...If moved at all.

LIS, I doubt he gets moved. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

6-8 weeks MINIMUM qualifies for more than "only" when there are 16 weeks left in a season. We are talking about in between 38-50% missed time for Dak the rest of the way...Again at MINIMUM. Some docs don't think it is a guaranteed he returns after 8 weeks since recovery can be tricky. 

They also have lost 40% of their offensive line already and Gallup still isn't back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The niners probably think that they are going to get a third as a comp pick. Hell, it should be the starting point of negotiations for the 49ers. "If you trade for Jimmy, you're just going to get a third round comp pick back when he leaves". Trading Jimmy still negatively impacts the 49ers. They will want value, and the Cowboys are in the NFC. 

LIS, I doubt he gets moved. 

They also have lost 40% of their offensive line already and Gallup still isn't back. 

True on the compensation pick point but the Cowboys pick will be higher. And for the Cowboys, they can trade a 3rd for Jimmy and get a comp pick when he signs elsewhere in the offseason lol.

He very well may not get moved.

I mean sure, but they still have a lot of talent on the defensive end and have a team that can compete for the division and a playoff spot with Jimmy. Can the same be said about Cooper Rush?

I watched the game with a group that doesn't watch a lot of football and many of them kept making comments that if it weren't for the penalties, the Bears may not have scored at all.  Hard to argue with that.

Had we been leading when the rain started that late downpour, I think we win.  Unless, of course, the penalties kept coming.  I don't think many teams would have been able to make a comeback in that weather.  Accuracy of throws, ability to catch, turn up the field without slipping, etc.

So, like, the weather was killer, but the penalties are what made the weather a problem in the first place. 

Oh, well.  Off to Seattle.  I hope the main focus all week is to get the penalties under control.  Right the ship, and give Lance some confidence.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, but they still have a lot of talent on the defensive end and have a team that can compete for the division and a playoff spot with Jimmy. Can the same be said about Cooper Rush?

I don't doubt that they think that they can win a couple of these games with rush. 3 of these 6 games will be against the Giants, Washington and Lions. I wouldn't be surprised if the team thinks that it can go 3-3 in 6 if that's all that Dak misses. Jimmy certainly can't make a difference in game one, potentially game 2. 

I think that they are just going to hope for the best. Rush is undefeated in his career as a starter! 

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Honestly, I didn't see the pass blocking being that bad yesterday. Were they great? No, but they were good enough. Lance was able to make some plays with his legs and maneuvered well in the pocket, but blaming the OL kind of gets old. Our run blocking when Mitchell was in the game was great. It did fall off afterwards a bit but some of that was also on Wilson who made it look worse than it actually was. Banks/McGlinchey both had one really bad rep in pass blocking but aside from that they seemed fine. I'll pay attention more to them when the coaches film is available. 

The offense had damn near no problem moving the ball until the conditions got very bad. We just didn't take advantage of our opportunities, that's all.