Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Lance has to get rid of the ball faster. He just does. And I'm talking substantially faster. Like maybe a full half a second faster than what he has shown in his first 3.5 games or so. That should come with experience - processing and reading faster. But in the meantime, it's definitely going to put the line in a situation where they look worse than they are maybe actually performing. 

we felt the impact in the hurry up.

processing is there but needs to be faster 

2 hours ago, SoCalNiner said:

The speed of the offense on that 2nd to last drive was awful. Over 3 minutes to not even get to the 50 yard line. 

I would say a lot of that was more due to conditions. There wasn't really good opportunity to push the ball downfield. Trey was praised pretty heavily for his ability in the 2 minute drill in camp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Huf looked outstanding yesterday. I can see why safety was not a priority for them this offseason. If we can be healthy after Jimmie returns, this defense is gonna be lights out.

https://nflreplay.net/san-francisco-49ers-vs-chicago-bears-11-sep-2022-replay-full-game/

For all you cheap MFers like myself.

He was great against the run. That's his wheelhouse though. The Bears early gameplan played right into his strength. It's in coverage where we'll see if he's taken the next step. Can't tell if it was him or Greenlaw that got sucked up by Fields escaping the pocket on that fluke TD to Pettis. He had a good game but versus that particular opponent he should have done well, all things considered.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

He was great against the run. That's his wheelhouse though. The Bears early gameplan played right into his strength. It's in coverage where we'll see if he's taken the next step. Can't tell if it was him or Greenlaw that got sucked up by Fields escaping the pocket on that fluke TD to Pettis. He had a good game but versus that particular opponent he should have done well, all things considered.

crock is going to do a breakdown on the TDs buecsuse as great as he looked, it’s likely one of the TDs is on him, and from what i saw that second one was. granted the entire TD broke down on that too, excellent call tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Well if losing to the Bears wasn't a clear enough message for the 49ers, the Seattle Seahawks just made it crystal f'n clear tonight...

The 49ers better get their s*** together this week or this season is over. 

Because of one game? Come on man. We started last year 2-4 and made the nfc championship, this isn't college where we rely on a poll.

• Like 4