GDT 9/11/22 - Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets 1pm EST

drd23

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One play that particularly stood out was the Lamar TD pass to Duvernay (#1). Linderbaum got dominated.

On that play it looks like Linderbaum was effectively blocking the NT was expecting to hand him off to Powers, then the defender lined up in the B gap crashed into him. Zeitler just was blocking air while Linderbaum was blocking 2 guys. Some kind of stunt. Not sure I would really fault him on that one.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Stock up:

• Justin Madubuike
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Devin Duvernay
  • (kind of) Rashod Bateman
  • Patrick Queen
  • Justin Houston
  • Marcus Williams

Stock down:

• Isaiah Likely
  • James Proche
  • Our running game as a whole
  • Tyler Linderbaum
  • Odafe Oweh

The Michael Pierce disrespect here. Dude was an animal all game long. Arguably even more impactful than Madubuike. 

• Like 2

Also, as someone who hated the pick at the time, I'm not going to give Linderbaum too much flack. Not only was he going up against one of the better defensive lines in the league in his first official NFL game, it was also his first actual game with Lamar. Throw in the poor weather conditions and I think we need to take it easy on the kid. The most important thing I took away from his debut was, he is a great snapper of the football. In a brutal first test, he passed that phase with flying colors; no errant snaps sailing over Lamar's head, no mistimed snaps causing a delay of game, and no snaps that looked difficult for Lamar to handle. Think back historically on the type of performances we've had from our centers in poor weather conditions in the past few years, with that in mind, I'd say Linderbaum did a fantastic job. 

Also, given how dominant we were today, even if a little slow to get going given the lack of familiarity, playing time, and the poor weather conditions, just imagine how scary this team could be if everyone come backs healthy sooner rather than later? 

That defense with Ojabo, Bowser, Jones and Peters!? 

That offense with Stanley, Dobbins, Edwards and Boyle!? 

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

• Like 2

Didn't get to see the game since I was working but it's nice to see the results. The slow offensive start isn't much of a surprise, especially with what seemed like a very timid approach to Lamar running the football. Sounds like the defense was good. That makes me happy. 

It will be interesting to see who they bring up to replace James and probably Fuller. Even if his knee injury isn't season-ending I imagine a 4-week stint on injured reserve is in store for Kyle. I'm guessing/hoping Washington and maybe... Means? Not sure Sharpe gets brought up with Mekari sliding over to tackle and Faalele having no guard versatility. McKenzie probably isn't worth an active roster spot outside of pure desperation. 

In case I don't catch a replay this week how did the rest of the offensive line look? 

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Didn't get to see the game since I was working but it's nice to see the results. The slow offensive start isn't much of a surprise, especially with what seemed like a very timid approach to Lamar running the football. Sounds like the defense was good. That makes me happy. 

It will be interesting to see who they bring up to replace James and probably Fuller. Even if his knee injury isn't season-ending I imagine a 4-week stint on injured reserve is in store for Kyle. I'm guessing/hoping Washington and maybe... Means? Not sure Sharpe gets brought up with Mekari sliding over to tackle and Faalele having no guard versatility. McKenzie probably isn't worth an active roster spot outside of pure desperation. 

In case I don't catch a replay this week how did the rest of the offensive line look? 

It would seem like Mekari will replace James (and soon, Stanley) and then Marcus Peters will likely replace Fuller. Peters was running stairs today at MetLife for like 2-3 hours so I feel like he has to be close.

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It would seem like Mekari will replace James (and soon, Stanley) and then Marcus Peters will likely replace Fuller. Peters was running stairs today at MetLife for like 2-3 hours so I feel like he has to be close.

I have nothing to back this up, just a feeling. I feel the Dobbins, Stanley, Peters returns will come a week before or the week of the Bills game. 

Week 3 or 4. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm glad someone asked this question, but I doubt Harbaugh is telling the truth here. This has been an issue I've seen people point out for several years now.

Was going to post this myself. It was a notable and acknowledged issue last year, and was designated as a poi all offseason. That it's still an issue Week 1 of a new season is a total indictment of Harbaugh and Roman. There's no excuse. 

43 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was going to post this myself. It was a notable and acknowledged issue last year, and was designated as a poi all offseason. That it's still an issue Week 1 of a new season is a total indictment of Harbaugh and Roman. There's no excuse. 

Furthermore, you don't just make playcall verbiage changes during the season after you've had literally all offseason to change the verbiage and test it out in TC. It's insane that we're still rolling into games breaking the huddle with <10 seconds left on the play clock.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Did we see this last year with Snoop & Johnson too? Legit can’t remember. If we did it’s 100% a Roman thing. If not it could potentially be a Lamar thing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Did we see this last year with Snoop & Johnson too? Legit can’t remember. If we did it’s 100% a Roman thing. If not it could potentially be a Lamar thing.

Someone do us all a favor and rewatch a game from last year. 

• Like 1