GDT week 11 Browns vs. Jaguars

Thomas5737

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^One of numerous examples critiquing kizer going back since week 1.

GTFOH, Reg....

I don't blindly defend Kizer at all.

I just don't knuckle drag grunt in extremities about his play without context like you...context does matter (i.e., The receivers are trash, he doesn't have play makers around him, etc...), but ultimately he's made terrible plays.

That's what rookie QBs do, especially on talent deficient teams.

I've consistently pointed out Kizer's mistakes but unlike many have said "That was an awful pick....AND our WR/playmakers suck"

You seem chill

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the turds that broke the camels back this week were kizer and Hue. 

For me as well. Defense looks like a well coached unit. The offense.... that’s a different story. Defense put the ball in our hands to win the game and kizer promptly gave it back, twice. 

That is all

mc

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They played hard, I'll give Hue credit for that.

I expected them to lose and they didn't let me down. 

Maybe next week/year.

Yeah that’s what is so confusing with me with Hue. I see reasons to can his backside. But this team has NOT quit on him. They have not quit despite what many in here have said. It’s very much a conundrum. Inexperience or incompetence?

not sure I can go through yet one more gain rebuild. New coach, new DC means change to yet another go at the 3-4 without the proper personnel. More years of nether regions of defense. 

But hey at least I got to drive in lake effect snow tonight!

29 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s what is so confusing with me with Hue. I see reasons to can his backside. But this team has NOT quit on him. They have not quit despite what many in here have said. It’s very much a conundrum. Inexperience or incompetence?

not sure I can go through yet one more gain rebuild. New coach, new DC means change to yet another go at the 3-4 without the proper personnel. More years of nether regions of defense. 

But hey at least I got to drive in lake effect snow tonight!

I don't care if we keep Hue or not. We all want stability but we are young and the next coach can keep the core and get his own QB if he wants. He'd be happy with that I'm sure. New coaches usually gut things because there is nothing to work with. We have the youth so we don't have to rebuild the whole roster, just parts.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't care if we keep Hue or not. We all want stability but we are young and the next coach can keep the core and get his own QB if he wants. He'd be happy with that I'm sure. New coaches usually gut things because there is nothing to work with. We have the youth so we don't have to rebuild the whole roster, just parts.

And his own OC, too.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue can (and should, if retained) bring in an OC too.

Hue seems overmatched by trying to do two of the tougher jobs in the NFL himself, he needs to give one of them up.

I personally think its more of pride thing for him, I think he hates the fact that Williams came in and got his group into shape and his guys look like they don't have a clue.

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I personally think its more of pride thing for him, I think he hates the fact that Williams came in and got his group into shape and his guys look like they don't have a clue.

Williams also has 3 top 32 picks on the DL, a pro bowl caliber stud at MLB, a solid vet in Kirksey, two solid vets at CB and a 1st rounder at safety.

Hue has some talent on the OL, but 3/5 were new starters this year, now 4/5. Coleman has been mostly hurt, njoku plays a position that rookies historically don't produce, has next to nothing at RB, less at qb and literally nothing (outside of Coleman) at WR.

Cant say I'm shocked the defense is ahead of the offense tbh.

Hue does seem to be stubborn about calling the plays though.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Williams also has 3 top 32 picks on the DL, a pro bowl caliber stud at MLB, a solid vet in Kirksey, two solid vets at CB and a 1st rounder at safety.

Hue has some talent on the OL, but 3/5 were new starters this year, now 4/5. Coleman has been mostly hurt, njoku plays a position that rookies historically don't produce, has next to nothing at RB, less at qb and literally nothing (outside of Coleman) at WR.

Cant say I'm shocked the defense is ahead of the offense tbh.

Hue does seem to be stubborn about calling the plays though.

Yeah, but in the same breath, it has been some key defenders hurt at points in the year and the backups have played well as well, its not we've played with all of the starters all year, heck, I think Tank Carder was slated to be the starting MLB so technically Schobert was a back up initially.

32 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, but in the same breath, it has been some key defenders hurt at points in the year and the backups have played well as well, its not we've played with all of the starters all year, heck, I think Tank Carder was slated to be the starting MLB so technically Schobert was a back up initially.

Fair point.

I think i would keep Hue for the sake of continuity.

If our offense is

MCCarron, Danrold, Kizer

new RB/Barkley, Duke, dayes

vitale

Gordon, coleman, FA WR, Britt/Pryor

Njoku, devalve, 

thomas
Bitonio
JC
Zeitler
coleman

And we do not preform then i think it is time fo Hue to get he axe. 

last year ou offense played well and our defense was putrid. This year it has been the opposite. for the first 8 games ofthe year we have consistently had the worst WR, QB, RB in he league, that is sure as hell hard to work with. If Crow was as good as last year we migth have a different story, if JG was palying it might be a different story, if JT was hurt we might f had a win by now. 

In saying that Hue is not helping himself, he should of taylored the offense to Kessler and let him start th year and maybe move to kizer at the bye week. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

In saying that Hue is not helping himself, he should of taylored the offense to Kessler and let him start th year and maybe move to kizer at the bye week. 

Agree.

Kessler sure as hell didn't help his own cause but Hue didn't do much to help Kessler's cause, either.

Hue's mismanagement of the QB position should be the last nail in his coffin.

He sold himself as a "QB Whisperer".

He has failed at that.

Add his seemingly self-destructive pressers and he has got to go.

Archived