Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mike went from walking around with sunshine flying out his *** last season to telling us Joe Flacco is gonna bust our cheeks.  What a difference 8 months can make…

Anyway, I’m pretty confident for Sunday.  I’d expect us to be ready to come out and play after letting Baker and Co. back in the game this past week.  If the team is being honest with themselves last week should tell them they can absolutely be a good team, but they’re not good enough to take their foot off the gas at any point. They have the talent to overcome their deficiencies, but it’s gonna take 100% effort.

I am just saying it is extremely difficult to put 305 yards on  Baltimore defense.

Example deshaun has zero wins against Baltimore. 

This defense surrendered almost 7 points

ABOVE CAROLINAS AVERAGE.

THATS 1 REASON FOR KEEPING DRAFT PICKS .

6 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I was out of town for a wedding and am just now watching highlights. Brissett is no good but I did notice some bright spots that I think went under appreciated: 

1. Hudson and Pocic both looked like reliable pieces. Kind of nice to know that the scheme can make some average dudes blend in nicely. 

2. The DTs weren’t nearly as bad as we thought they’d be. I’d say they especially shined in pass rush situations. 

3. The receivers all played really well despite having ducks and overthrows alike to deal with. 

4. Stefanski called a pretty good game. Brissett threw more than we’d like but you’ve got to stop teams from stacking the box any way you can. 

DPJ earned his paycheck, the dude had like 4 diving catches. Good call on the OL end too, and I was also pleasantly surprised by our DT play. I'll be interested to see how they hold up against a power running team, especially with a gap scheme (Baltimore, Pitt, Green Bay) but definitely a good start.

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I am just saying it is extremely difficult to put 305 yards on  Baltimore defense.

That’s interesting as they literally allowed the most passing yards in the league last season.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2021/reg/all

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Example deshaun has zero wins against Baltimore. 

This defense surrendered almost 7 points

ABOVE CAROLINAS AVERAGE.

THATS 1 REASON FOR KEEPING DRAFT PICKS .

Mike.  Friend.  Amigo. Brother in Christ.

We won our opener for the first time since W’s first term. I’m gonna enjoy the win.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 7

Browns win, medium difficulty.

Hopefully the win, snatched from defeat = enough momentum for Week 2.  Brissett got a full 4 quarters of first team reps that he definitely needed, and gets credit for a game winning drive.

Whoever starts for the Jets WILL be sacked at least 3 times, and picked once.  Need to take advantage of loose balls, and get points off turnovers.

The only thing I like about Stefanski going for it on 4th down so often is that it's reasonable for teams to think we are running a play and may get them to jump offsides in key scenarios.  It didn't work against the Panthers, but they were starting to lock in after a terrible first half.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean… yeah

They had some obvious breakdowns in communication. Blame Grant Delpit not the entire defense.

All I am saying it is going to be interesting yes I predicted 31 but I believe Flacco is a better qb then people give him credit 4.

He also has the arm strength to throw long when there is broken coverages. 

25 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

All I am saying it is going to be interesting yes I predicted 31 but I believe Flacco is a better qb then people give him credit 4.

He also has the arm strength to throw long when there is broken coverages. 

Is he better than Baker

Because the Jets roster is worse than Carolinas

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

This place is gonna be weird if we start 4-0

Well 3 of the first 4 games are against teams that are currently bottom 5 in the power rankings and all were at bottom 2 at some point of offseason/early season.

There were some questionable calls (so I hear) on the final drive and our kicker hits at 58 yarder for the win. Very unlike this franchise.

Things may be changing. Then again, it's the soft part of the schedule so 3-1 is probably a must.

3-1
2-2
2-2
2-2
1-0 (against the Steelers for the chance)

That's probably the most likely path to the playoffs.