Is Jalen Hurts a franchise QB?

biggie.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Just for my info, at what point does a thread become too old to acceptably bump? I have many plates of correct takes currently spinning that are waiting for the prime opportunity to bring back to the fore.

you can quote the post, then copy paste the quote into an active and relevant thread to bring things back up without necro'ing threads.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Just for my info, at what point does a thread become too old to acceptably bump? I have many plates of correct takes currently spinning that are waiting for the prime opportunity to bring back to the fore.

Ideally we prefer anything off the first page to stay off the first page. If you have to go 2-3 pages back to find what you were saying, it’s probably too old.

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

But now that it's current again...

I think Hurts and Jackson, and other QBs who are great runners and good-not-great passers, are franchise QBs for as long as they last, but you better count on that not being a long time

Eventually someone in the Lamar Jackson mold will have speed for a long long time like Darrell Green and change this prototype and get a lot of guys that slow down at normal ages paid.

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Eventually someone in the Lamar Jackson mold will have speed for a long long time like Darrell Green and change this prototype and get a lot of guys that slow down at normal ages paid.

I think the nature of QB (where you’re getting hit or bumped on every offensive play) makes this harder.

By nature of the position, CB can go stretches without serious contact - especially a “don’t throw it in his direction” type of player like Green. QBs will get bumped and bruised, so the athletic ability will start to erode.

Just my thoughts on that - I see what you’re saying though.

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It wasn’t until you bumped a 2 month old thread…

I was actually looking for my Deshaun thread

But I think I'm going to start a new one

Its funny some mods want you to go back and find the old thread while others dont like it. Not sure what the best thing to do is. 

But back to this subject It'll be interesting to see how Hurts is paid. He's got one more year on the rookie deal right? 

• Like 1

Yes, but he won't have the longevity that franchise pocket QB's have. He'll be a franchise QB until he's 28/29, then be average when his legs are no longer something defenses need to sweat over, ala McNabb. Until that time though, he's a franchise QB.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Yes, but he won't have the longevity that franchise pocket QB's have. He'll be a franchise QB until he's 28/29, then be average when his legs are no longer something defenses need to sweat over, ala McNabb. Until that time though, he's a franchise QB.

This is assuming he doesn’t continue to develop as a passer. However, based on the improvement we’ve seen in the last 5 years, he would be the non-prototypical QB that I would bet on to evolve and develop his pocket passing skill over time.