Is Jalen Hurts a franchise QB?

biggie.

He's as much a franchise QB as the guys getting constant excuses made for them, so yeah. 

Will he remain one and turn into a guy you keep for the duration of his career going forward? TBD. 

But if someone is gonna call Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Lawrence, etc "Franchise QBs" with their resumes and leave Hurts out of it, they're being disingenuous. 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Those saying "no", can you list your current "franchise QBs"? Want to understand how long the list is

True franchise QBs in my opinion 

Mahomes

Herbert

Burrow

Josh Allen

Deshaun*

Russell 

Kyler

Rodgers

Brady

Dak(bottom tier franchise) 

Stafford(depending on how bad he looks with this maybe injury) 

So like 10 guys. A little less than 1/3 the league. That’s sounds about right. 

Dak would be the bottom of the list for me and Lamar would be the top of the next tier with Hurts right after him. 

The Eagles smartly know he is not, which is why they stocked up on draft capital for next year, when you expect the QB class to be pretty good and there may be some QBs available for trade.

Overall I think he is a pretty average QB, which means he is in the upper half of QBs right now where there are so many bad ones starting. Great on his feet, really tough competitor, but just doesn't have it from a passing talent perspective.

He's a good player and good athlete. He's not the most accurate and does not have very good field awareness. He makes up for some of it with his dangerous running ability.

I feel like he's a Jimmy G or Matt Schaub in Houston level player. Now obviously I'm not comparing their tools and abilities, just the level of QB. If he's your QB, you aren't in a bad spot, but I think there's a ceiling to how far he can take you without a whole lot of good luck. He's still young and can improve on some things, but as of now this is my opinion of him.

• Like 1

Minnesota - If Philadelphia are ever within 5 yards of your goaline - they will be in shotgun/RPO formation, and it's either going to a RB up the middle or it's a fake and Hurts leaks out and attempts to walk it in. I mean, what were Detroit doing? Must have been a case of knowing what's coming but 'whachya gon' do about it'. Jason Kelce is a monster.