Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Cheech said:

If Janis could run a route like this and catch the ball with his hands, he'd have had more than 17 receptions in 4 years.  

It's rare how loose his hips are for a 6'5 guy. Same with Marquez. No way in hell I'm letting another team get their hands on them.

Just now, Leader said:

Nope. Sorry. Janis showed nothing - in all the years he was here - other than an ability to run in a straight line....quickly.

Oh my God, are you being purposefully dense?  I am using Jeff Janis as an example of how even the most physically gifted receivers don't do squat sometimes.  I am NOT comparing him to any of our receivers.  If you'd lift your hatred of me for one second you'd see the point I'm trying to make.  Quit being an egotistical ***.  Unless you think Jeff Janis was not physically able to do the things asked of NFL receivers - in which case you're wrong - drop it. 

Just now, palmy50 said:

If a players paper skillset was the end all be all the best talent evaluators in the world wouldn't be wrong half the time!

Yeah... That's my entire point.  That's literally my entire point. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Obviously not since he made the awful comp.

What's so awful about it? 

I swear to God you are insufferable sometimes.  I'm making a point about physical ability not being everything in a player's career to show that our rookies shouldn't be kept on the merits of their physical ability alone and I'm being persecuted for it. 

Just now, Cheech said:

This isn't a guy who should be cut.  Especially for Trevor, let me field the ball inside the 5 yard line, Davis.  

Since we've reached the portion of the discussion where it's full on ridicule Outpost for things he isn't saying, I'm not even sure if I should remind you that somebody actually went through every single one of Trevor's punt returns and found out he never did this.  But sure, you've got free reign to be a ****, so go ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah... That's my entire point.  That's literally my entire point. 

What's so awful about it? 

I swear to God you are insufferable sometimes.  I'm making a point about physical ability not being everything in a player's career to show that our rookies shouldn't be kept on the merits of their physical ability alone and I'm being persecuted for it. 

Janis had no shot in the NFL, I don't care if he ran a 4.2 with a 45 vert and a 6.5 3 cone. There are minimal baselines of competency and football IQ that it takes any athlete to have an he failed both. He's was a ST from the day he walked in the door and he'll be that until the day he retires. None of the rookies are at that level, they may all fail, but it won't be for the reason Janis did.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm making a point about physical ability not being everything in a player's career to show that our rookies shouldn't be kept on the merits of their physical ability alone and I'm being persecuted for it. 

Your stance is being shot to **** because the very little film that is out there on these rookie receivers only verifies that their potential is a hell of a lot greater than the 15 other camp bodies that have come and gone over the last 10 years.  

I'm not even sure if I should remind you that somebody actually went through every single one of Trevor's punt returns and found out he never did this.

Are you denying that he's made some absolutely boneheaded decisions as a punt returner?  Or are you arguing for the sake of arguing?  

I.  Never.  ****ing.  Said.  Our.  Receivers.  Were.  Going.  To.  Fail.  For.  The.  Same.  ****ing.  Reason.  Janis.  Did. 

This conversation is over for me because some of you try to pick out sentences from my paragraphs and turn them into something I never ****ing suggested or intoned or even hinted at. 

I used Jeff Janis as an example of physical ability not meaning nearly as much as people think it should. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

What if I told you that Trevor Davis never once fielded a punt inside the 5 yard line last year?

They might listen if you said it.  Since I'm saying it, I'm an *******. 

Go ahead, AG.  Have at it.  I'm out. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Oh my God, are you being purposefully dense?  I am using Jeff Janis as an example of how even the most physically gifted receivers don't do squat sometimes.  I am NOT comparing him to any of our receivers.  If you'd lift your hatred of me for one second you'd see the point I'm trying to make.  Quit being an egotistical ***.  Unless you think Jeff Janis was not physically able to do the things asked of NFL receivers - in which case you're wrong - drop it.

You're certifiable. I dont hate anybody on here - so please dont let your self absorbed thinking fool you into believing you're getting special treatment from me or anybody else.

You're not comparing him to any of our receivers? You just stated: "We literally had one of the most physically talented, athletic receivers we've ever had...."
Whats that if not a comparison to our other receivers - in a historical context no less. 

I saw all of what Jeff Janis was capable of - and you yourself defined him PERFECTLY when stating that he pulled down 17 passes in four years. Thank-you very kindly. All I need to know. A true wide receiving STUD.

With his new team? So far he's pulled down zero passes in all of four targets. So - I guess Gods gift to physically and athletically gifted receivers (your words - not mine) is again failing to live up to it.....or wait....perhaps he's doing exactly as well as he can you're just full of it.

I.  Never.  ****ing.  Said.  Our.  Receivers.  Were.  Going.  To.  Fail.  For.  The.  Same.  ****ing.  Reason.  Janis.  Did. 

This conversation is over for me because some of you try to pick out sentences from my paragraphs and turn them into something I never ****ing suggested or intoned or even hinted at. 

I used Jeff Janis as an example of physical ability not meaning nearly as much as people think it should. 

Then sorry but what were you trying to accomplish? I'm going to use a guy who had good athletic traits and one fatal flaw to show that you can fail with athletic traits even though none of the rookies share that flaw. Makes absolutely no sense.

Archived