Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

We ran a play with 5 wide on Sunday, something Ive never seen from the Vikings during Zims entire tenure in MN.

We also went for it on 4th and 1 on their 1 yard line, to score a TD. Zimmer would of taken the 3 points or tried to run it up to gut to score.

This Vikings team is completely different than the one weve all grown accustomed to since 2014.

Kwesi also seems to know what hes doing thus far, from a GM stand point.

• Like 1

What does "for real" mean? They have been a competitive team for a while now. Kirk will have great games and games where he has the moments that leave you confused. JJ is clearly the real deal. They look like a playoff team for sure, but it is easy to overreact to a week one win over a divisional opponent. 

They definitely should be in the thick of things throughout the year. Good QB, great weapons at RB and WR, and a defense that has talent. 

Hard to say after week one. They certainly have the fire power and skill position players on offense to keep pace with anyone, and a coaching staff that is willing to play to the strengths of the passing game. But as cliche is it sounds, it really depends upon Cousins and if he can beat good teams.

Ultimately, if the defense can play at a top 10-15 level this could be a very good team with this offense. Wouldn’t expect Cousins to play at a high level all year, he’s going to have some frustrating games, he can’t be chasing 30 points every week like the past two years. I liked what I saw from Hunter, Smith, Wonnum, Kendricks and Hicks, this should be a formidable group if they can remain healthy. Can the secondary and DL be good enough to compliment?  

Edited by vikingsrule

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

I think they are a legitimate contender in the NFC. But I’ll also add that this says just as much about the NFC as it does the Vikings. 

Pretty much this. Vikings have a lot of talent and a coach that wants to maximise the talent. NFC is weak and I'll be disappointed if we're not a playoff team

29 minutes ago, viking said:

Pretty much this. Vikings have a lot of talent and a coach that wants to maximise the talent. NFC is weak and I'll be disappointed if we're not a playoff team

Might be a disappointment if we don’t win the division honestly. I know the Packers have shown to come out slow the last two years now, I think they have to be worried about the defense and skill players around Rodgers. Bears and Lions are difficult to figure out at the moment but would think MN has an advantage over those two.