Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

Guess the foosbrawl gawds were getting a little tired of Kirk Thuggins. 

That loss in front of their home crowd was pretty bad. I mean damn. But I dunno, I saw the 1994 49ers at home get spanked 40-8 to a what ended up being middle-of-the-road Eagles team. 

Game can serve as a cold bucket of reality moving forward that everyone needs to stay focused. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Guess the foosbrawl gawds were getting a little tired of Kirk Thuggins. 

That loss in front of their home crowd was pretty bad. I mean damn. But I dunno, I saw the 1994 49ers at home get spanked 40-8 to a what ended up being middle-of-the-road Eagles team. 

Game can serve as a cold bucket of reality moving forward that everyone needs to stay focused. 

I get the idea of this, but needs context.  That niners team hadn't signed Deion yet and if I remember right, the offensive line was a disaster in that game.  Sapolu didn't return until the following week and Boatswain was such a disaster that he got replaced by another backup before Barton returned a few weeks later. 

I'm just not sure Minnesota has those sort of reinforcements coming. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I get the idea of this, but needs context.  That niners team hadn't signed Deion yet and if I remember right, the offensive line was a disaster in that game.  Sapolu didn't return until the following week and Boatswain was such a disaster that he got replaced by another backup before Barton returned a few weeks later. 

I'm just not sure Minnesota has those sort of reinforcements coming. 

Naw Deion was signed at that time. He had a pick six the previous week against the Saints. But yeah the offensive line since the KC game was a mess. 

And yeah, the Vikings were already labeled as a fraud 9 games in, so maybe this is just their luck coming back to bite them hard. 

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Naw Deion was signed at that time. He had a pick six the previous week against the Saints. But yeah the offensive line since the KC game was a mess. 

And yeah, the Vikings were already labeled as a fraud 9 games in, so maybe this is just their luck coming back to bite them hard. 

I honestly don't remember Deion at all in that game. So weird. But yeah, you're right. He was there

They're definitely good but I just don't think that they matchup well with the 49ers, Eagles, or Cowboys in the playoffs. They're currently 1-2 against teams with winning records in games where their starting QB actually played. They got absolutely destroyed by the Cowboys and Eagles (64-10) and barely snuck past a banged up Bills team that essentially threw the game away. 

They'll still have a chance because their defense has shown it can be opportunistic and they have the playmaking firepower to score with almost anyone. 

But Kirk's performance against the three best teams they've played makes it tough to truly believe in them. (2 TD/5 INT, 55% comp)

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

They're definitely good but I just don't think that they matchup well with the 49ers, Eagles, or Cowboys in the playoffs. They're currently 1-2 against teams with winning records in games where their starting QB actually played. They got absolutely destroyed by the Cowboys and Eagles (64-10) and barely snuck past a banged up Bills team that essentially threw the game away. 

They'll still have a chance because their defense has shown it can be opportunistic and they have the playmaking firepower to score with almost anyone. 

But Kirk's performance against the three best teams they've played makes it tough to truly believe in them. (2 TD/5 INT, 55% comp)

It's hard to judge/blame Kirk's stats if you include the Dallas game as he was pressured at a ridiculous rate. MN's offensive line lost Darisaw early in the game and everything seemed to snowball. If Hockenson catches the TD pass, the momentum shifts and things could be different. How it did end up though, Dallas came in and made a statement and the Vikings future in the playoffs is definitely worrisome. 

Just now, Wundy said:

It's hard to judge/blame Kirk's stats if you include the Dallas game as he was pressured at a ridiculous rate. MN's offensive line lost Darisaw early in the game and everything seemed to snowball. If Hockenson catches the TD pass, the momentum shifts and things could be different. How it did end up though, Dallas came in and made a statement and the Vikings future in the playoffs is definitely worrisome. 

You guys have the four most important things when it comes to winning in the playoffs: 

• Ability to rush the passer

• Ability to generate turnovers

• Ability to run the ball at a high level

• Explosive playmakers 

The things that worry me about you are your lack of commitment to running the ball, your defense when you're unable to get turnovers allows crazy yards/big plays, and Kirk has shown to be erratic throughout his career. 

• Like 2

They are a good team that up until this past weekend has had almost every break fall their way. In a normal set of circumstances they are probably 6-4 or 5-5 instead on 8-2. As has been mentioned the 2019 Packers were a similar team. Everything just aligned perfectly but that all comes crashing down eventually. They are basically a house of cards waiting to collapse, but you can't blame Vikings fans for riding it while it lasts. We will see if this Dallas game is the star of that fall.

On 11/17/2022 at 6:48 PM, viking said:

I prefer Josh "Carson Wentz" Allen

The Joker Movie GIF

Hi, me again,

seeing how Kirk did against Dallas?

NOTE: I genuinely like Minnesota, I just don't like trolling ... especially trying to compare Allen to Wentz. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

The Joker Movie GIF

Hi, me again,

seeing how Kirk did against Dallas?

NOTE: I genuinely like Minnesota, I just don't like trolling ... especially trying to compare Allen to Wentz. 

All trolling is welcome after the biggest L of the year!!!

• Like 1