TNF on Prime Video: Chargers @ Chiefs

Sad People

Who wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chargers
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 12:25 AM

8 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

I heard this on a podcast today but did the Cardinals and Vance Joseph really blitz Mahomes over 50% of the time in week 1?!?! Christ how dumb can you be. They also said Vance Joseph did the same thing vs Mahomes last time they played each other... 9 TDs and 0 INTs later I hope he learned his lesson.

That said I think it's going to be a much tougher test for Mahomes/Chiefs. I still like them winning by a FG but the +4.5 points for the Chargers looks tasty. 

Yeah, Vance Joseph is one of those, I do what I do no matter what, kind of coordinators. He blitzes a ton, one of the highest and most consistent blitz rates over the past few years, and he doesn't really care that that's not the way to at least try to stop Mahomes and other great young QBs right now, so he blitzed a ton. He does what he does, and that's it. I'd expect their D to struggle against Herbert later this year as well, for similar reasons.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/30/cardinals-defensive-scheme-least-unique-in-nfl/

https://www.5thdownfantasy.com/fantasy-football/news/cardinals-hire-vance-joseph-to-coordinate-defense/

It isn't blitzing, but a similar concept is why we just destroyed the Raiders last year, even at the end of that patch where the offense struggled in a relative sense. Is because Gus Bradley is that my scheme is my scheme, kind of coach, who really just doesn't care about adjusting to the opposition. Leslie Frazier put out a model of how you might be able to stop QBs like Mahomes early last year, and the Raiders just ignored it. Granted, Mahomes clearly developed as the season went on, and it wasn't quite that easy by season's end, obviously. But still, Gus Bradley just ignored every known trend at the time about defending our offense. It was hilarious.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

So how does this work with Prime. If you already have Prime, can you watch it? Or do you need to pay extra for this game?

I think Prime Video is an add-on to an already existing Prime account so you'd pay extra. It's like tacking on ESPN+ to your Hulu.

However, they do have a free 30 day trial I'm sure can be "exploited".

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

I think Prime Video is an add-on to an already existing Prime account so you'd pay extra. It's like tacking on ESPN+ to your Hulu.

However, they do have a free 30 day trial I'm sure can be "exploited".

As others said, Prime Video is included for free if you have Amazon Prime. Amazon also has an underrated music service that is free with Prime as well. There is a paid option, but I find paying more unnecessary. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:17 AM, MWil23 said:

On a very short week where you have a super condensed gameplan and yet it's a divisional opponent, I still lean very heavily on an absolute shootout, but Thursday Night Football almost always finds a way to be infinitely worse than I expect it to be.

Except when these two teams have played.

Just now, Xenos said:

I think it’s been super tight for these two teams particularly on TNF. Their last two meetings have been epic.

Like I said, I think shootout despite it being a divisional opponent where usually those games tend to be lower scoring. That was my point originally. Perhaps I wasn't clear on that. My apologies.

• Like 1