TNF on Prime Video: Chargers @ Chiefs

Sad People

Who wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chargers
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 12:25 AM

As much as the star power is absolutely there on both teams' O, the D could be the real story.

It's too bad JC Jackson is unlikely to play, because other than the CB's without Jackson and some run D issues - the Chargers D looks MILES better than last year.   Ppl also forget that Travis Kelce went nuclear in the 2nd game after Derwin James left - and IIRC, in week 2, most of his stats came after LAC took a big lead (but maybe I'm getting that mixed up).    

Things I'm looking for:

-Clyde Edwards-Helaire looked way better last week.   The Chargers run D is still their leakiest part, although it's better.   He sat out a lot of the game because KC was way up.  Does he build on the success?

-Does Josh Palmer step up for Keenan Allen?   Palmer didn't get a lot of the work last week but with several days to adjust, I'm guessing that they will feature him more.

-How much pressure can the KC & LAC pass rush get vs. Hebert & Mahomes?   Both played out of their minds last week, but the part that was missed was how disruptive KC's pass rush was vs. ARI (I believe 3 guys generated 6+ pressures), while LAC with Mack & Bosa was just insane vs. LV.   We knew KC's OL was decent - the LAC OL held up reasonably well vs. LV, time to see how things go in a hostile environment at Arrowhead.

-Does OC Joe Lombardi take off the shackles?   He was unbelievably conservative with LAC up 11.   He admitted it post-game.   Let's see if things change.

-Does Brandon Staley turn up the aggression game management wise?   He was a LOT more conservative this past week - but it can be argued that LAC was comfortably ahead, and their D's ability might make it tempting to dial it back.  If anything, I'd see it the other way - with a great D, you can leverage win probability with even more outright aggression.  It will be interesting to see if Staley's MO changes, or it reverts to the hyper-aggression we saw last year.

From an entertainment perspective, I do think this is likely to disappoint with a lower-scoring game.   If Allen was playing, I'd probably give LAC the edge - they give KC fits.   As it is, I'm seeing a possible 24-20 type game.    Should be absolute banger.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert just doesn't seem like a lower-scoring game. Looking forward to this one. 

Well there should be drama.   But if it’s 24-20 then it’s certainly going to underwhelm expectations that’s all I’m saying.   Have a lot of respect for the improvements both teams made to the D.  

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It's too bad JC Jackson is unlikely to play, because other than the CB's without Jackson and some run D issues - the Chargers D looks MILES better than last year.   Ppl also forget that Travis Kelce went nuclear in the 2nd game after Derwin James left - and IIRC, in week 2, most of his stats came after LAC took a big lead (but maybe I'm getting that mixed up).    

FWIW JC Jackson DID practice today, although he was a limited participant.

I'm actually leaning towards him playing at this point, but he might be fairly limited.

We are lucky in that we have one of the few safeties in the league who is capable of covering Kelce 1 on 1. (Kelce only went off in that Thursday night game last year after Derwin left the game)

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That’s nice still not a fan of TNF. It sucks on the players. 

Oh yeah no argument there.

Just pointing out that these teams tend to deliver to the neutral audience when they play each other on TNF. (And honestly just when they play each other in general)

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2