TNF on Prime Video: Chargers @ Chiefs

Sad People

Who wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chargers
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 12:25 AM

On 9/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, CKSteeler said:

So, you aren't a doctor and you have no clue what the actual injury was, right? You are just assuming to know more than every other party involved?

This didn’t age well.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

my guy, Justin Herbert slung a pass into a perfect window 30 yards down the field on 4th down with cracked ribs. Please stop pretending like this man isn't as talented as Patrick Mahomes when we just saw Mahomes throw like 5 interceptions only to have them nullified by BS each time.

Sherbert also lost them the game throwing a pick 6 on the goal line when his ribs were uncracked. You know when the game actually mattered and it wasnt garbage time. Like if Mahomes had done that, and his TE was “tired”, yall would be ALL over him for it and crowning SHerbert as the new anointed one.

5 almost interceptions huh? Show me on the stat sheet when that matters, ill wait. As it stands, Mahomes has a better winning percentage down by 10 then Sherbert  has for his entire career.

Edited by Chiefer

32 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

5 almost interceptions huh? Show me on the stat sheet when that matters, ill wait.

It doesn’t, but let’s not pretend they didn’t happen. Law of averages say they’ll end up being caught eventually.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It doesn’t, but let’s not pretend they didn’t happen. Law of averages say they’ll end up being caught eventually.

you know, ive been waiting for that other shoe to drop since Mahomes became a starter. And i think im gonna continue waiting. The guy just isnt a turnover machine, despite being labelled as such since Texas Tech

the closest we got to that was last season, when nearly half his ints bounced off his receivers hands. But then the narrative was Mahomes was figured out. No mention of unfair turnovers like Josh Allen has gotten this year.

Edited by Chiefer

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Sherbert also lost them the game throwing a pick 6 on the goal line when his ribs were uncracked. You know when the game actually mattered and it wasnt garbage time. Like if Mahomes had done that, and his TE was “tired”, yall would be ALL over him for it and crowning SHerbert as the new anointed one.

5 almost interceptions huh? Show me on the stat sheet when that matters, ill wait. As it stands, Mahomes has a better winning percentage down by 10 then Sherbert  has for his entire career.

Herbert is now 16-18 as a starter. Mahomes is 40-13. He has the best winning % of all QBs in NFL history of overturning double digit deficits. he is at 55% games won whilst being down over 10 at any point (2nd is Brady with 37%)

His winning % whilst being down double digits going into the final quarter is better than Herbert’s OVERALL winning %.

he is 45-1 when the defense doesn’t allow more than 27 points. 

we gotta hear how Herbert, who I Like, is as talented as Mahomes? Ha

Edited by BigTrav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

you know, ive been waiting for that other shoe to drop since Mahomes became a starter. And i think im gonna continue waiting. The guy just isnt a turnover machine, despite being labelled as such since Texas Tech

the closest we got to that was last season, when nearly half his ints bounced off his receivers hands. But then the narrative was Mahomes was figured out. No mention of unfair turnovers like Josh Allen has gotten this year.

Evens out. Sure he may have had some “should have been picked” balls, but a lot of int’s last season were unlucky. Same with all QBs 

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Herbert is now 16-18 as a starter. Mahomes is 40-13. He has the best winning % of all QBs in NFL history of overturning double digit deficits. he is at 55% games won whilst being down over 10 at any point (2nd is Brady with 37%)

His winning % whilst being down double digits going into the final quarter is better than Herbert’s OVERALL winning %.

he is 45-1 when the defense doesn’t allow more than 27 points. 

we gotta hear how Herbert, who I Like, is as talented as Mahomes? Ha

Mahomes is actually 52-13. He’s 60-16 when you add postseason

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

This didn’t age well.

He has a cartilage injury. I am, once again, not a doctor and neither are you. I don't know what, if any, potential signs a trainer examining a player would look for to determine the extent and type of rib injury a player suffers with a quick check. And while there seems to be some risk playing through this, the primary concern is going to be pain management on Herbert's part. 

I tend not to be the sort of person who demands that others assess risk exactly as I would or one who thinks that people need to be protected from themselves much of the time, though. So, to each their own.

47 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

He has a cartilage injury. I am, once again, not a doctor and neither are you. 

You don’t need to be a doctor to know he was seriously injured at that moment. Which is sort of the point.

If it was an patellar tendon rupture and his leg was flopping at the kneecap, would we need to be doctors to determine he’s injured?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

You don’t need to be a doctor to know he was seriously injured at that moment. Which is sort of the point.

If it was an patellar tendon rupture and his leg was flopping at the kneecap, would we need to be doctors to determine he’s injured?

Herbert was clearly in pain, but not enough pain for him to leave the game. 

People can ignore the point I'm making which is that if the trainers determined the risk of doing further damage was minimal and it was about his pain tolerance, then he should have stayed on the field.

If the trainers thought he could do further damage or had no idea, he shouldn't have been on the field in that situation. I will readily admit that. But I'd hope that the trainers and coaches would have enough sense not to risk their entire season in week 2, and that they did in fact have some sort of insight as to the likely extent of the injury.