BDL 2022 Week 2 - Hungary Hippos @ Greenland Polar Bears

RuskieTitan

Who Wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Greenland Polar Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2022 at 04:00 AM

FYI it's not a 4-6 defense but a 46. It's called that because the number of the safety moving up (Doug Plank) was 46.

There is no 4-6 scheme in it if you look closely. Heck if the Hippos were focusing on playing wider and deeper instead of TE, Slot and screen then they could destroy the 46 but they are playing to its strengths.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

FYI it's not a 4-6 defense but a 46. It's called that because the number of the safety moving up (Doug Plank) was 46.

There is no 4-6 scheme in it if you look closely. Heck if the Hippos were focusing on playing wider and deeper instead of TE, Slot and screen then they could destroy the 46 but they are playing to its strengths.

We know this the fact is they still are rolling with 6 at the second level and one deep. I drop my safety all the time often count them as a backer or in box safety in a 4-4-3 type alignment. I use - because it’s just easier for me visually to determine depth of players in my mind. Safety can still roll deep or play deeper as a variation of pre snap movement but initial formation I use a - for my own purposes.

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

We know this the fact is they still are rolling with 6 at the second level and one deep.

That's if you cheat and call the CBs the 2nd level. It's 8 in the box but with a more specific way of lining them up than just bringing up the safety in a 4-3.

I do think Greenland edges this one by playing heavy in the box against a team that wants to run more but the idea that Tua went superman this week and is an auto-win QB is a little crazy to me. He was fine and did what he had to but Waddle and Hill went superman this week. 

Imagine thinking "Greenland only  has Diggs and Lamb now!" and being positive about it. I like the run heavy approach from Hungary as Carson can't be trusted to pass a ton without trying to play hero ball, but Greenland's defense is fast and explosive and I don't think Hungary is moving the ball much.

I’m not a big fan of the 46 set but it does match up well with an aggressive run strategy. Wentz does have some strong weapons so I can see Hungary breaking several big plays.

I guess this wasn’t the week to establish the run with Tua at QB. I see Barkley playing well but with Hungary getting some big plays established, we may indeed need Tua to make some big plays.

I see Hungary getting out to a decent lead in a potential upset but the potent Tua and eventual pressure on Wentz from a strong pass rush leads to a home team victory.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:38 PM, PR said:

It's in Google Docs when Ruskie copies it over lol It isn't in quad spacing when it starts

Serious question - do people want things like that sort of formatting corrected, or prefer the pure copy paste approach? You aren't the only Google docs user I've seen.