Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

7 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Our biggest issue is easily that Flacco doesn't provide any spark. He's so dull and the only reason we made it last game was because Davis just ran threw blown coverage. I don't have faith Flacco will be anything more than average but I think our weapons can make up for that.

What I'm really looking for is our pass rush to finally terrorize someone. I get that the Browns OL is top, but the Bengals are the worst in the league right now. It should be night and day.

And if he was taking risks and turning the ball over the fans like they were after week 1 would be screaming for white.

Protecting the ball can be boring. But it can win games. Which is vastly more important than an exciting game.

Yes this team HAS to do better at protecting the ball. I can't even remember when this team finished the season on the plus side of turnovers. 

I would also like to add that you guys know that this Cinn game is no push over. They are coming in 0-2 and if you fall to 0-3 the chances of making a playoff run drop off big time. This is a must win for Cinn and the Jets if they win they go to 2-1. When was the last time the Jets where over 500? I want the Jets to win here so bad but deep down I know for the last 10 plus years we lose these games all the time. This will be a great test for this team. 

I think this game stays close for the first half. I have the score 10-17 Cinn. Chase catches a last second TD to take the lead before half. The Jets come out moving the ball well with Hall carrying the load. Jets make it 13-17 with a 52 yard FG by THE LEG! Cinn comes back with a TD of their own in the 4th to make is 24-13. This puts the game out of reach. 

Final score 

Cinn 24

Jets 13.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm just being honest with myself. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yes this team HAS to do better at protecting the ball. I can't even remember when this team finished the season on the plus side of turnovers. 

I would also like to add that you guys know that this Cinn game is no push over. They are coming in 0-2 and if you fall to 0-3 the chances of making a playoff run drop off big time. This is a must win for Cinn and the Jets if they win they go to 2-1. When was the last time the Jets where over 500? I want the Jets to win here so bad but deep down I know for the last 10 plus years we lose these games all the time. This will be a great test for this team. 

I think this game stays close for the first half. I have the score 10-17 Cinn. Chase catches a last second TD to take the lead before half. The Jets come out moving the ball well with Hall carrying the load. Jets make it 13-17 with a 52 yard FG by THE LEG! Cinn comes back with a TD of their own in the 4th to make is 24-13. This puts the game out of reach. 

Final score 

Cinn 24

Jets 13.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm just being honest with myself. 

Of course we’re the underdog. These guys were the AFC champs last year. They’re pissed about an 0-2 start and pissed we beat them last year. They 100% aren’t looking past us. Which is scary for us. Bc it’s arguably the best passing unit in the whole NFL. They have a very good RB as well. They can and will score.

On the flip side. Is our weapons are vastly better than what they have in defense. So we should be able to score as well.

We just matchup pretty decently against them defensively. Sauce on Tee and Reed on Chase. Let the LBs handle Mixon and get to Burrow. The game plan is simple. Just have to execute. And with a young team. That’s easier said than done.

21 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Now I dont disagree that Flacco is boring but he drove the field almost every possession. We got screwed a few times too. He can be as boring as he has to if hes making the plays that are there. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And if he was taking risks and turning the ball over the fans like they were after week 1 would be screaming for white.

Protecting the ball can be boring. But it can win games. Which is vastly more important than an exciting game.

Yeah you guys are right that he's been careful and that's attributed to our win (which can be considered a fluke btw), but after seeing everyone else on that offense for the last two weeks I believe we have top 5 offense potential. It's like watching my grandma drive a Ferrari.

25 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah you guys are right that he's been careful and that's attributed to our win (which can be considered a fluke btw), but after seeing everyone else on that offense for the last two weeks I believe we have top 5 offense potential. It's like watching my grandma drive a Ferrari.

I can see that point. That if we had a star QB these WRs, OL and RBs would look  incredible. And hopefully that’s the trend when Wilson comes back. He will have bad games. But if we can finish the year with us looking like a playoff team (even though we’d likely be out). That’s a win for us. For me this season is about finding out what these young guys can do and develop them. Most players can’t develop without playing. So luckily we can play a lot of them. That comes with mistakes. So we have to know that as a fan base. But we have to see those flashes of greatness as well. We just have to stay patient as a fan base. This isn’t a roster like we’ve ever built. This team is built to win long term. And patience is part of that with a young team built the right way. 

37 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Flacco ‘should’ have a good game this week which will make Zach coming next week as bit of a taking point all week. 

If Joe plays like he did week 1 though we won’t be having this discussion. 

Flacco is not that good. Saleh and the bunch have stated that Wilson is the guy as soon as the doctors clear him. Flacco is a guy who can fill in but not a starter for. a season any more. 

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Flacco ‘should’ have a good game this week which will make Zach coming next week as bit of a taking point all week. 

If Joe plays like he did week 1 though we won’t be having this discussion. 

Agreed. I think he'll do okay today.  That should chill things out.