Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Agreed, that's a really misleading stat.  We would have been at or near the bottom of the league in scoring if not for the last two drives of the CLE game.  Those arguably shouldn't even have happen either.  Flacco has been decent and at times solid and I honestly can't say much more than that.  For a backup QB who is asked to hold the fort for a few games if he can just decent his way to a victory Sunday he'd have done his job.  

Would love a win Sunday. But for me that he even got 1 of these 1st 3 is already him doing his job.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Would love a win Sunday. But for me that he even got 1 of these 1st 3 is already him doing his job.

Probably true before game 1 if we came out of the first 3 at 1-2 we'd all be thrilled but I want to get greedy.  The OL has been playing well, the RBs are averaging over 5 ypc, the weapons look scary good despite some early season drop issues, and the defense looks like it can be middle of the pack.  Sick of settling lets go get a winnable game at home.  We match up well, they're not playing good ball, and we're home.  We should be just as desperate as them to show out in front of the home fans.  Lets go get this one.  Lets dominate the trenches like we know we could.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Probably true before game 1 if we came out of the first 3 at 1-2 we'd all be thrilled but I want to get greedy.  The OL has been playing well, the RBs are averaging over 5 ypc, the weapons look scary good despite some early season drop issues, and the defense looks like it can be middle of the pack.  Sick of settling lets go get a winnable game at home.  We match up well, they're not playing good ball, and we're home.  We should be just as desperate as them to show out in front of the home fans.  Lets go get this one.  Lets dominate the trenches like we know we could.

I’m good with that.

The thing that I like is that the young core has looked good so far. Some better than others. And they’re whist getting their feet wet. Progression is what matters this year and with no Wilson for a couple weeks to still have these guys progress is great. Hopefully it amps up even more when Wilson returns maybe next week.

Reality Bites: Jets should be O-2 with a terrible defense that has given up multiple 30 point games. Upside: The Jets have added some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

If the Jets defense shows up this game, and the O line doesn't had a victory to the Bengals then the Jets go to 2-1. 

Can someone other than Wilson step up, Carter has played well, and we have seen flashes of Hall. The Jets offense has to show its potential to be lethal and put some meaningful points on the board.

This team is not going to score 14 points in the last 2 minutes again in my life time. 

The Jets have to show up offensively and especially defensively. 

15 minutes ago, Big T said:

Reality Bites: Jets should be O-2 with a terrible defense that has given up multiple 30 point games. Upside: The Jets have added some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

If the Jets defense shows up this game, and the O line doesn't had a victory to the Bengals then the Jets go to 2-1. 

Can someone other than Wilson step up, Carter has played well, and we have seen flashes of Hall. The Jets offense has to show its potential to be lethal and put some meaningful points on the board.

This team is not going to score 14 points in the last 2 minutes again in my life time. 

The Jets have to show up offensively and especially defensively. 

To be fair, Elijah Moore was the first read on a majority of the playcalls and was open a ton. Flacco just kept going to Wilson because he was more open. I have to think after last week, teams will be paying more attention to Wilson, which will allow Moore to get his. It's been a really long time since defenses have had to worry about 2 receivers on the Jets and decide which one to pay more attention to. 

If our D-line can't be disruptive in this game than we really have bigger issues. There are no excuses this  year. We have pass rushers and DTs that should be in the top half og the league in generating pressure. Kwon is a big upgrade over any of the WLB's we had last year. However I think we need to seriously think about pulling Mosley on 3rd down passing situations for a better cover LB. He's been down right horrific in 1 on 1 coverage situations the last two seasons. 

Game plan is pretty black and white if you ask me.

On defense.... we have to pressure Burrow. If we cant do that with 4, we cant just keep trying to get to him with 4. We have to bring more personnel at him. He's too good to let just sit back there and have time. He has too many weapons and someone will be open. If we cant do this alone. IMO we cant win. This is a must.

If we are able to get pressure we have to create turnovers. Burrow has been TO prone through 2 weeks. So it'd be nice to get 1 or 2 this week.

On offense... this isn't a crazy good defense. They're DL is average to above average, their LBs aren't that good and the secondary is average. Bates IMO is the only guy we have to know where he is. I think all of our WRs can beat whoever the CB is in front of them. But I think we need to establish the run to control the clock a bit. Hall and Crater seem like one of both of them are close to breaking one. So keep pounding the rock if its working. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

However I think we need to seriously think about pulling Mosley on 3rd down passing situations for a better cover LB.

Agreed but who?  Forget Quincy. Sherwood? Perhaps going to a 46 D pulling Mosley and just keeping Kwon in the field?

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Agreed but who?  Forget Quincy. Sherwood? Perhaps going to a 46 D pulling Mosley and just keeping Kwon in the field?

Yeah that is the issue. LB depth is not very good. NAs was drafted to cover bigger bodies but he was just horrific playing LB. Sherwood has no athleticism either. Definitely a position we need to address this offseason. Maybe Quincy and Kwon on 3rd down passing situations. Not the best upgrade but he is better covering than Mosley. 

This week will say a lot about this team and staff. The Bengals are 0-2 with B2B2B losses by 3 points. Their OL is weak and they’re on the road for the 2nd straight game.

If we start slow that’s a problem

If the DL isn’t getting pressure that’s a problem

If the offense isn’t moving the ball that’s a problem. 

We shouldn’t need special teams miracles this week. Let’s establish ourselves as a wild card contender with a strong showing here. We don’t HAVE to win but we can’t look like a second class team against Cincinnati.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This week will say a lot about this team and staff. The Bengals are 0-2 with B2B2B losses by 3 points. Their OL is weak and they’re on the road for the 2nd straight game.

If we start slow that’s a problem

If the DL isn’t getting pressure that’s a problem

If the offense isn’t moving the ball that’s a problem. 

We shouldn’t need special teams miracles this week. Let’s establish ourselves as a wild card contender with a strong showing here. We don’t HAVE to win but we can’t look like a second class team against Cincinnati.

Our biggest issue is easily that Flacco doesn't provide any spark. He's so dull and the only reason we made it last game was because Davis just ran threw blown coverage. I don't have faith Flacco will be anything more than average but I think our weapons can make up for that.

What I'm really looking for is our pass rush to finally terrorize someone. I get that the Browns OL is top, but the Bengals are the worst in the league right now. It should be night and day.

43 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Our biggest issue is easily that Flacco doesn't provide any spark. He's so dull and the only reason we made it last game was because Davis just ran threw blown coverage. I don't have faith Flacco will be anything more than average but I think our weapons can make up for that.

What I'm really looking for is our pass rush to finally terrorize someone. I get that the Browns OL is top, but the Bengals are the worst in the league right now. It should be night and day.

Now I dont disagree that Flacco is boring but he drove the field almost every possession. We got screwed a few times too. He can be as boring as he has to if hes making the plays that are there.