Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would go Wilson. Carter probably not getting goaline carries and Wilson has a lot better chance at 100 than Carter. 

I think Wilson has the bigger upside... but Carter is the safer bet. I know carter is getting touches. I don't know if Wilson will. I mean just 2 weeks ago he barely was on the field.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, Bobby816 said:

This is a hard one to judge. Before the season started, this looked like a for sure loss for us with the way CIN finished the season last year. I still have no clue how we beat them last season.

The key to beating CIN through 2 weeks this year has been to rattle Burrow. Both PIT and DAL were pressuring him heavy and not allowing him to sit back there and use his 2 big weapons in Chase and Higgins like chess pieces. It's our 1st big test as a secondary to play an elite WR room. So Reed and Sauce will be put to the test this week. But we need that DL to create pressure A LOT to have a chance in this one.

On offense I think we need to just continue where we left off. Start hot for once. We cant keep having these slow 1st quarters. Start from our 1st possession to be aggressive. I expect Wilson and Moore to be heavily used in this one. I'd like to see the OL to get going as well to control the clock a bit. We have 2 great RBs, but the OL hasn't allowed the run game to be the focal point for us to date. So maybe we can get that going.

CIN make no question remembers us beating them last year and is frustrated about an 0-2 start. So I expect them to be hot for this one/. Which I think will be too much for us.

CIN: 31

NYJ: 24

I agree with all of this. If we are able to pull out the win, it's going to be because our secondary is truly lockdown and our pass rush shows up, and our offense picks up where it left off. That's a perfectly reasonable scenario for us coming home with momentum after a crazy win. I have faith in our offense being able to move the ball and put up points after that win last week. Games like that are how stars are born and in a perfect world GW reaffirms his position as an alpha WR with another game like last week. 

Worst case scenario would be our pass rush can't get home, secondary is overmatched by the Bengals WRs, and Burrow gets back on track by consistently moving the ball downfield and Mixon constantly ripping off chunk gains like Chubb did. We'll most likely see a little bit of both sides in this game.  

Breece Hall is getting close to breaking off a big run, there was one play last game where he made a mistake. He bounced outside when if he put his foot in the ground and went up field he would have had a long TD run, the Jets had a wide open gaping hole for him to take it to the house.  As  the NFL slows down for him I think he is going to break one soon.  

The Jets zone blocking was starting to flow better. AVT is grading as a elite run blocker so far, sucks that Becton got injured because that would have been awesome to see those 2 on the right side opening up holes. 

Edited by NYJets4716

21 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Now I am a Zach fan and wanted to move Darnold and draft Zach and also believe Zach has way more potential BUT its no lie that Darnold was much better as a rookie than Zach was with significantly less talent. Darnold could absolutely be a solid game manager in this system and with these players around him. If Zach cant even do that this year he wont be this teams QB next year. Hate to break it to you but this is reality. 

This not a comparison of ZW to SD.  None of us a really sure what to expect from ZW but we know what to expect from SD regardless of the circumstances.  Sam stinks as a QB.  He failed here (again regardless of circumstances) and he failed in Carolina.  THAT is reality.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Carter has the 7th most snaps at RB in the whole NFL.

That's surprising to hear. Is be curious to know how many are plays where he is in as the chip blocker in the passing game because he has more xp than hall. Either way, I'm taking Wilson over either RB this week 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m having a hard time deciding between Carter or Wilson in my fantasy league in a non ppr.

Wilson is so good. Our roster is tough for fantasy. You may have your eyes on Wilson, but Moore ends up with the big game. Might pick Carter, then Hall takes off. Good problem to have as a fan, but now I have to think harder about the roster. lol

Glad we were able to pull out the CLE win because both BAL and CLE were tough match ups for us.  Their schemes and talent countered what we do best.  I do think this finally is one where our strengths should play well.  It's supposed to be raining on Sunday and their long developing routes and lack of an OL should hopefully help our ground attack and keep the game low scoring which should play into our favor as well.

Desperate teams do desperate things and CIN can't afford to fall into an 0-3 hole.  Good news is that if we are able to stop their creativity and aggressiveness it could lead to short fields for us.  If we can continue to run the ball and the DL continues the trend of hitting Burrow a lot we could sneak out of Metlife with a victory.  

Crowd will be pumped which should be a huge boost for the players.

Jets - 24

Cin - 20

Edited by Rockice_8

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Grain of salt.  Garbage time in BAL and horrible defensive gameplan end of the 4th quarter in CLE.  I know you can't pick and choose what stats to use but he was god awful in BAL and missed a few open throws in CLE.

Agreed, that's a really misleading stat.  We would have been at or near the bottom of the league in scoring if not for the last two drives of the CLE game.  Those arguably shouldn't even have happen either.  Flacco has been decent and at times solid and I honestly can't say much more than that.  For a backup QB who is asked to hold the fort for a few games if he can just decent his way to a victory Sunday he'd have done his job.  

• Like 1