Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

If Richardson went back to school and had similar players I wonder if he would have had more Watson like production. 

Seeing the things written about Watson and even Mahomes. I see some similar critiques. 

Not saying same player before people get all in a tizzy. But looking at those situations I saw some similarities. 

They both were drafted in our current area because of people thinking about hey were projects. 

I went back and looked at Watson's rookie year and year with Kelly as the OC. I would feel comfortable drafting him if Kelly is the OC. Because of the style of offense would fit. Lot of big throws. Deep shots. 

Something to keep in mind. 

40 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I resent the idea of waiting for “special” qb classes, or even calling a class “special”

was Watson/Mahomes year considered “special”? They weren’t even the first qb taken 

mayfield/Rosen/Darnold all suck. Allen/Lamar far and away the best in that class and both were the biggest concerns.

and even seeing rattlers name on there makes me giggle 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If Richardson went back to school and had similar players I wonder if he would have had more Watson like production. 

Seeing the things written about Watson and even Mahomes. I see some similar critiques. 

Not saying same player before people get all in a tizzy. But looking at those situations I saw some similarities. 

They both were drafted in our current area because of people thinking about hey were projects. 

I went back and looked at Watson's rookie year and year with Kelly as the OC. I would feel comfortable drafting him if Kelly is the OC. Because of the style of offense would fit. Lot of big throws. Deep shots. 

Surface level worry about Richardson is he simply hasn’t started/played a lot of CFB

theres no formula but I know that rarely, if ever, do guys with minimal starts like him pan out

Times are a-changing but I think there’s truth to that as a silo’d thing to evaluate 

The QB convo at the moment is tough cause I want Williams next year haha. (Someone is already planning the tank for CW) I just watched his highlights and omfg that dude is on another level. Going up to get Young would be also pretty fun but you better be sure cause if you bust on him you traded away alot of kept him from busting in Hou.  Next year Im down to ride with RT or a cheap vet  like say Carr or hell even Baker idc. Unless the bears really wanna move off Justin Fields cause that dude is about to take the NFL over with just a few more weapons and I find it odd you guys think Henry Burks Phillips Chig Draft pick vet wouldnt be better than what they have but ight 

I need to know about the LTs in this draft. Who would you guys take at #11 and who do you think would be a reach? Trying to get a feel for them cause I already have looked into the WR class and Ts Gs and DBs are next!

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Look, the thing about Richardson is that he is extremely raw.  That's the comparison to Malik, not play style.  He's got games (Utah) where he looks like he's going to be a special talent, and if he played even close to that every game, he'd be a no brainer first overall.

But in just as many games, he looks undraftable.

He's a long way away from being a finished product.  Yall expected Malik to be ready, and you're about to fall into the same trap.

But his biggest problem is he absolutely falls apart under pressure, and we'd be drafting him into a terrible, terrible situation for his development.

I like Richardson as a prospect.  I like him a lot.  But I think us drafting him would be a huge, huge mistake.  We aren't patient, we don't have the personnel he would need to develop, and we (so far) don't seem willing to make the changes offensively we would need to to maximize his talent (think Fields in Chicago).

Great prospect, worth a first round pick IMO, but wasted on us.

Then Levis is just garbage.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I resent the idea of waiting for “special” qb classes, or even calling a class “special”

You are 100 % right.

But.

Next year's crop does have guys in it that could have come out and been very high picks, with a lot of good behind them.  Nix was my QB3, and if he had declared, I'd be in a different boat about picking a QB in the draft this year.

McCall isn't on that list, but he's a small school guy who looks the part, and will have a chance next season against a really good team right out the gate.  All he needs to do is ball out against UCLA and he's checked every box.

Williams is a borderline sure thing.  He's got two quality seasons under his belt, with one being truly special.

This year's class was supposed to be good, but we all knew it could swing one way or another, because it was a bunch of toolsy QBs waiting to take the next step.  Next year's class has several established guys that just went back to school because they're chasing bigger college accomplishments and can get NIL money.  So unless all the others flame out, you've got at least a few that are already quality prospects, with the same number of toolsy guys who might take the next step.

But most importantly, we need a QB for the future if Malik doesn't show a ton of growth next season, and there's really not a good option in the draft this year, so we may as well start getting hype for that 24 class.

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

I need to know about the LTs in this draft. Who would you guys take at #11 and who do you think would be a reach? Trying to get a feel for them cause I already have looked into the WR class and Ts Gs and DBs are next!

Paris is the hope.  Best LT in the draft.

Broderick Jones is next on my board, but he's followed closely by Anton Harrison and Darnell Wright.  All would preferrably be trade down targets if Paris doesn't make it to 11.  Skoronski is a guard pretending to be a tackle.

It's a deep class though, so if the board doesn't fall that way, there are some guys that will be around later who look like they'll be pretty good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

was Watson/Mahomes year considered “special”? They weren’t even the first qb taken 

mayfield/Rosen/Darnold all suck. Allen/Lamar far and away the best in that class and both were the biggest concerns.

and even seeing rattlers name on there makes me giggle 

Exactly! 10000000x.

Just every year, it's "next year's class."  Then that class goes to play and this QB has a down year. This QB gets hurt or after more looking this QB just isn't that good.

I don't care if I'm alone, I don't see the "tank for Williams" talent. I see a good QB that makes some wow plays. Plays in a spread, looks like the typical Oklahoma type QB in that system. I see things that won't fly in the NFL. He isn't that fast. His arm isn't crazy strong. His mechanics suck at times. He leans on his arm to throw too often.  So I'm like ok, if he was there cool. But the Tank for Williams I'm not seeing. 
Everyone else on that list...lol are no more of a sure thing than Kenny Pickett. 

Bo Nix was barely draftable when he was at Auburn I thought. Never threw more than 20 TDs and was terribly inaccurate.  And really if he was "that good" wouldn't he likely have gone pro?

Next year might just be like this year with 2 QBs worthy of being picked in the top 5. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think there's a very small chance Paris Johnson is available when we pick. The Bears will trade back to another spot in the top 10 and both them and the Raiders are very likely to take an OT.

Could get lucky, but I don't think we can count on it.

I'm seeing some rank Peter S. As the better prospect. So if someone gets on that train then he might fall to us.