Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Didn't they also say that about Rashawn Slater.

He had 33" arms when the cutoff is usually 34 ish.

Skoronski is supposedly 32". Johnsons are supposedly 35".

Maybe if you're looking for a RT. Teams care too much about the arm length at LT.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I don’t know, but Skoronki has short arms and struggles to grab onto or stay on his blocks sometimes, especially in space.

He’s good, but I don’t think he’s a tackle.

Plus it’s not like he does anything significantly better than Johnson, even ignoring the arm length.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

They did

But I also think Nelson was a LT at Norte Dame wasn't  he? So maybe they still take him with the idea of him being an All-Pro OG. 

EDIT:

I'm thinking of Zack Martin. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They did

But I also think Nelson was a LT at Norte Dame wasn't  he? So maybe they still take him with the idea of him being an All-Pro OG. 

EDIT:

I'm thinking of Zack Martin. 

Just watched a butt load of tape on both Skoronski and Johnson, I would happily take either. 

We need help everywhere on our line, so just get the best guy who can stop the bleeding.

i think it's possible that skoronski could work at tackle. he's a real technician and a good enough athlete. but the length issue definitely shows up on tape and it's concerning. he's got something of a floor because at worst he's a damn good guard, but in the top half of the first round you really want a tackle, especially with the gaping hole we have there.

For me, Richardson would be so much better in the 2nd or 3rd round like Willis and Jalen Hurts were as a potential huge reward pick. Top 10/Borderline top 10 pick, nah I don’t see it. Crazy potential but he’s beyond streaky and raw. Completion % doesn’t tell the full story but he never completed over 60% in his college career and only completed 54% this past season. Josh Allen is the outlier when it comes to having a bad collegiate competition percentage like that and succeeding in the NFL.

I also want to say how hilarious it’ll be if Stroud returns to school like some rumors have it and Levis & Richardson pass Young during this draft process among teams, fans and draft analysts. Once the official measurements on Young come out, it’s going to be a huge talking point(even more so than it is now).

Rumors going around that Stroud isn't declaring. If that's the case, and I know quite a few of you think it's dumb and "next year's class" is a dumb phrase...but next year's QB class would be worth the wait. Get the OL fixed and go after the QB next year. Trade back and get a couple future picks to add to the chest.

I know it's always a crap shoot, but that'd be 3-4 QBs on par or better than this year's best as current prospects.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Rumors going around that Stroud isn't declaring. If that's the case, and I know quite a few of you think it's dumb and "next year's class" is a dumb phrase...but next year's QB class would be worth the wait. Get the OL fixed and go after the QB next year. Trade back and get a couple future picks to add to the chest.

I know it's always a crap shoot, but that'd be 3-4 QBs on par or better than this year's best as current prospects.

I still won't feel dumb. Because it rarely plays out the way people suspect. I remember talking about the Willis class vividly. And even I was like maybe we should wait til next year when Stroud, Young, Richardson, Levis, Tyler Van Dyke and even that QB from Boston College comes out.  Now the time is here and only 2 of them are "worthy" of picks if you go by the forum eyes. And others are staying in school. 

So, no. I wouldn't feel "dumb.:  
I can point to every draft and show you where the expectation didn't match the reality. 
Whenever you like a QB, go get your QB. 

If you think NFL coaches are saying, yeah let's not go get this QB that we got a good grade on, but he isn't truly special. But wait on this other guy that we really haven't even graded but glimpses look like he might grade out higher.....then we can reassign that dumb phrase to something else. 

• Like 1

We've already got a super mobile QB that can't throw worth a **** on the roster, don't need Richardson.

Maybe if you're an Andy Reid or something you can take the risk and try to develop him, but Richardson is so far from being an NFL-caliber passer of the football that it isn't funny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We've already got a super mobile QB that can't throw worth a **** on the roster, don't need Richardson.

Maybe if you're an Andy Reid or something you can take the risk and try to develop him, but Richardson is so far from being an NFL-caliber passer of the football that it isn't funny.

Not saying we should take him or have to take him. I just have a feeling looking back in a few years, it will be one of those "WTF were teams thinking? How could they not see it?"  

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I still won't feel dumb. Because it rarely plays out the way people suspect. I remember talking about the Willis class vividly. And even I was like maybe we should wait til next year when Stroud, Young, Richardson, Levis, Tyler Van Dyke and even that QB from Boston College comes out.  Now the time is here and only 2 of them are "worthy" of picks if you go by the forum eyes. And others are staying in school. 

So, no. I wouldn't feel "dumb.:  
I can point to every draft and show you where the expectation didn't match the reality. 
Whenever you like a QB, go get your QB. 

If you think NFL coaches are saying, yeah let's not go get this QB that we got a good grade on, but he isn't truly special. But wait on this other guy that we really haven't even graded but glimpses look like he might grade out higher.....then we can reassign that dumb phrase to something else. 

Let's get this out of the way: I didn't call anyone who doesn't want to wait for a QB dumb, nor did I say people would feel dumb if we went after a QB this season instead of waiting. I apologize if it came off that way, but it's not what I said. I was simply pointing out that people have said it's dumb to wait and that they hate that phrase, so let's stop with that. I don't want to draft Levis or Richardson, but I don't think anyone here is dumb for wanting us to do that.

I mean...was it not smarter to wait in your eyes? You're all about taking any of the 4 QBs being mocked in the 1st. Others disagree, but plenty don't. This QB class is still better than last year's class, even with some disappointment's at the college level. I think the situation is different this year because, unlike Van Dyke and the BC kid (I honestly don't know who that is), the top 3 QBs for next season (if Stroud goes back) have legitimately thrived in college and aren't just potential. It's not hoping for development because they are already awesome.

I do like QBs...next year. That's why I wouldn't settle for one this year. If we can get Stroud (if he comes out) or Young, then I'm totally fine with that and wouldn't simply wait for next season. But I do not like Levis or Richardson, and if Stroud does goes back, we'd have to trade up for them.

This is all a hypothetical exercise, so you don't need to bring up what coaches and front offices would actually do. I've said it multiple times that I know it's easy for me to say this from my couch and with my job not on the line. I'm just posting what I would do.

Edited by seminoles1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not saying we should take him or have to take him. I just have a feeling looking back in a few years, it will be one of those "WTF were teams thinking? How could they not see it?"  

We can't see it because he has only shown tiny flashes. Lots of QBs flash.