Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Highly doubt that. He ran in the high 4.6's in their camps. I bet he runs in the 4.7's at the combine.

He's not slow, he's pretty fast for his size. He's just not agile. I'm not sure where anyone would have the opinion that he's going to run a 40 yard dash similar to Jack Conklin who ran sub 5.0 lol.

Agree to disagree. Dude looks incredibly slow on film. He’d obviously be an upgrade over Swaim but that’s not saying much and I’m not interested in taking a blocking TE with the occasional ability to go out for a pass in the first 2 rounds.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Agree to disagree. Dude looks incredibly slow on film. He’d obviously be an upgrade over Swaim but that’s not saying much and I’m not interested in taking a blocking TE with the occasional ability to go out for a pass in the first 2 rounds.

You can get that guy in the 4th even maybe. 
I don't mind Zach Gentry from the Steelers in that role. 

Now if we want two dynamic TE's like the Gronk and Hernandez days then lets get one early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hard disagree there. The guy was a 5 star #1 TE recruit in the nation out of high school for a reason. He's a great athlete.

Not saying he'd be the priority for us in the second round, but calling him slow is just mind-blowing to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke 4.7 in the 40 yard dash.

I'd be willing to bet he's gone in the first round anyway. 

I am on the BPA train.   I also want to have a good idea on how well Landry will be.   Overall we need in no particular order WR CB OL and DL.  In our first 4 rounds or picks getting players who can play minutes day 1.  And our 1st round pick better be a no miss starter this time.   Even if we get Landry back to pre injury form a Parsons level player would do wonders for this D.  Personally I would love a can’t miss starting CB.  

I am happy with our TE situation. I would put upgrade as a 5th round or later option.  I just think the team needs other improvements.   I also am fine with Tanny next year but am done with Willis as a potential replacement.  

Was listening to a podcast that put out there that Joe Montana is the only player of note that was successful at Bryce Young's height and weight. 

Jeff Garcia being the next one. But you don't draft Jeff Garcia first overall. 

Said the likelihood of Young being successful is about the likelihood of finding another Hall or Fame QB in the 6th round. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Was listening to a podcast that put out there that Joe Montana is the only player of note that was successful at Bryce Young's height and weight. 

Said the likelihood of Young being successful is about the likelihood of finding another Hall or Fame QB in the 6th round. 

I said it before but it’s going to be a major talking point once his official measurements come in and he’s close to Doug Flutie’s size. Wouldn’t be surprised if by the time the draft rolls around Stroud(assuming he enters) and Levis (and maybe even Richardson for some) pass him in the minds of draft analysts, some fans and even some teams.

Which leaves us. If Young falls out the top 5 come draft day, do we trade up? And if for whatever reason he slips all the way to 11, we have to take him, right? 

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I loved Jeff Garcia. He had a short run on top, but for those few years, he was flying.

This is the worry with Young though, his body holding up. Garcia aged well, but injuries kept him down after just 3 seasons. You obviously don't draft anyone 1st overall for 2 great years, a solid year, and as a great backup/spot starter as he ages...

But peak Jeff Garcia would be a great QB to have. I'd absolutely take him 1st overall if he got an earlier start instead of shredding the CFL for a few years.

Edited by seminoles1

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

That feels like a really strange comparison. So should Bryce Young want to be shorter so he could instead be in the company of Brees, Tarkenton and Wilson?

I generally agree that shorter isn't ideal for a QB but locking him in to 6'2 or whatever Montana was and ignoring shorter and smaller QBs who performed well is really strange lol

54 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

That feels like a really strange comparison. So should Bryce Young want to be shorter so he could instead be in the company of Brees, Tarkenton and Wilson?

I generally agree that shorter isn't ideal for a QB but locking him in to 6'2 or whatever Montana was and ignoring shorter and smaller QBs who performed well is really strange lol

The shorter QBs were heavier than Young. I think he's saying under 6'2" and under 200 lbs.

44 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The shorter QBs were heavier than Young. I think he's saying under 6'2" and under 200 lbs.

Yeah they were doing some kind of spreadsheet and pulled up people 6'2 or shorter. And less than ,200lbs. 

Joe Montana apparently played at about 190lbs. But linemen were a lol of times 250ish. 

When measurements come out. It is suspected Young will be about 5:'10 and he will likely put some weight on. But likely played at about 190 or less at Alabama. 

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I said it before but it’s going to be a major talking point once his official measurements come in and he’s close to Doug Flutie’s size. Wouldn’t be surprised if by the time the draft rolls around Stroud(assuming he enters) and Levis (and maybe even Richardson for some) pass him in the minds of draft analysts, some fans and even some teams.

Which leaves us. If Young falls out the top 5 come draft day, do we trade up? And if for whatever reason he slips all the way to 11, we have to take him, right? 

Doug Flutie was the name they said. I need to find the podcast. It came up randomly on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Here is the clip.