Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Someone like, maybe a guy with great physical traits who needs time to learn the mental aspects of the game?

To avoid the back and forth....

If they think Malik has improve or can improve then so be it. He is the one, 

But as I said, I don't really believe in him based on what I've seen. So I'm perfectly fine moving on or at the worst bringing in someone that will compete for the job. 

Some teams value adding young QBs they think they could be serviceable in the league, late in the draft. Its value in it.
Packers did it for years. Guys like Hasselback and Matt Flynn were able to come in and win games when the starter was out,
New England, Jimmy G, Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, Bailey Zappe..........Tom Brady. Value in having a QB you believe in to be a backup and can develop. 
Some teams are able to develop them and turn them into draft picks that either get equal or better draft value for them.
Pick the right one, you get cheap back up for four years, with money you can spend elsewhere.

Didn't think it was controversial to want to develop a backup QB, that you believe can actually be an NFL QB in some way. 

Can't believe I agree with anything Jared Stillman says, but he has a point on local radio. Nobody remembers the needs when you hit on the player. Henry was needed when we drafted him, but that worked out. Simmons wasn't needed when we drafted him with Casey and Jones on roster, but that worked out.  And so on....

there’s literally no point in investing a draft pick in a backup QB. get a guy who has been in the league. if your backup QB is seeing serious time your season’s over anyway unless you have a one-in-a-million nick foles Super Bowl run. just a silly thing to invest draft capital in.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there’s literally no point in investing a draft pick in a backup QB. get a guy who has been in the league. if your backup QB is seeing serious time your season’s over anyway unless you have a one-in-a-million nick foles Super Bowl run. just a silly thing to invest draft capital in.

I don’t think it’s a bad move if you’re an established winning franchise like the Holmgreen era Packers or the 2000/2010s Patriots. You can afford to do that.

If you’re the 2023 Titans with limited draft picks and in a rebuild/retool season, I’m personally not a fan of using a pick on a backup QB.

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Chad Reuter of NFL.com released a 7 round mock and if this isn’t the most Titans draft ever…

11)O’Cyrus Torrence-IOL

41)Keion White-DL

72)Isaiah Foskey-Edge

147)Payne Durham-TE

186)Myles Brooks-CB

228)Kenny McIntosh-RB

Flip RB and DB, in terms of draft order, and that’s the JRob special right there 

You pair CJ stroud with a brilliant OC this kid is going to be special. The mechanics; sharp, footwork clean, can read a defense, accurate & his ball placement is a thing of beauty, he throws with anticipation to a WR’s spot & he knows how to manipulate pass coverage looking off WR’s using his eyes & body language. 

• Like 1

Someone always falls. 
I wonder how long CJ would need to fall to go get him.

If they really do like him and just bluffing, then do what is needed to go get him. 
A draft automatically is a success if you get your franchise QB, that you believe in. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Someone always falls. 
I wonder how long CJ would need to fall to go get him.

If they really do like him and just bluffing, then do what is needed to go get him. 
A draft automatically is a success if you get your franchise QB, that you believe in. 

He falls past the Colts at 4, I think the trade up option is heavily thought of. Especially if the Raiders don’t trade up and remain at 7, I think we’d want/have to jump in front of them.

At the end of the day, I go back to what Ran said is the most important quality he looks for in a QB, accuracy and anticipation. Say what you want about Stroud, he is masterful at both those things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He falls past the Colts at 4, I think the trade up option is heavily thought of. Especially if the Raiders don’t trade up and remain at 7, I think we’d want/have to jump in front of them.

At the end of the day, I go back to what Ran said is the most important quality he looks for in a QB, accuracy and anticipation. Say what you want about Stroud, he is masterful at both those things.

& ball placement that’s 3