Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

In no order, I want one of the below 3 on Thursday 

stroud

richardson

JSN

The only reason I don’t want JSN at 11 is because I honestly feel we want get the value out the pick. Think about it the last WR I believe we took in the 1st round that put up a 1k yards was Kendall wright. Corey Davis was good but not 5th overall good Kenny Britt was an enigma & the best WR potentially we drafted , we got in the 2nd round. In a run 1st offense with Burks being the #1 by default I don’t see JSN getting enough targets to bring back 11th overall value. We’ll be lucky if he sees 5 targets a game, which is what AJ avg 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

The only reason I don’t want JSN at 11 is because I honestly feel we want get the value out the pick. Think about it the last WR I believe we took in the 1st round that put up a 1k yards was Kendall wright. Corey Davis was good but not 5th overall good Kenny Britt was an enigma & the best WR potentially we drafted , we got in the 2nd round. In a run 1st offense with Burks being the #1 by default I don’t see JSN getting enough targets to bring back 11th overall value. We’ll be lucky if he sees 5 targets a game, which is what AJ avg 

AJ averaged 8 targets a game his last year with us. If we have a good WR, we will get him the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

This year and in general. Until someone is a BIG DAWG prospect comes along or someone really breaks out in the NFL to change my mind. 

Just not overly impressed with how they turn out to be pros. 

May seem silly but I just would much rather not. 
I'd only take WR's from there and maybe DB.
Since Dabo been there (and I'm not looking it up) but from memory, can't think of a  worthy OL, RB, TE prospect. 

Had some LB's that were decent/good. 

So you wouldn't draft any of the top 4 QBs this year? Because no QB from those schools has turned out to be any good at the pro level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

This year and in general. Until someone is a BIG DAWG prospect comes along or someone really breaks out in the NFL to change my mind. 

Just not overly impressed with how they turn out to be pros. 

May seem silly but I just would much rather not. 
I'd only take WR's from there and maybe DB.
Since Dabo been there (and I'm not looking it up) but from memory, can't think of a  worthy OL, RB, TE prospect. 

Had some LB's that were decent/good. 

It’s not always the players fault they don’t pan out in the NFL, sometimes it’s coaching sometimes coaches are more scheme than play to player’s strength. 

52 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s not always the players fault they don’t pan out in the NFL, sometimes it’s coaching sometimes coaches are more scheme than play to player’s strength. 

All good. Not trying to be a jerk lol but just gonna stand on the statement of. 

I wouldn't take a guy on the edge or line from Clemson. 

I'm not fond of the guys they produce. 

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

All good. Not trying to be a jerk lol but just gonna stand on the statement of. 

I wouldn't take a guy on the edge or line from Clemson. 

I'm not fond of the guys they produce. 

Cause of Kevin Dodd, just like you not fond of taking anyone with character concerns from Georgia cause of panda 😆

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Cause of Kevin Dodd, just like you not fond of taking anyone with character concerns from Georgia cause of panda 😆

Yeah I wouldn't take a guy with questionable work ethic, some off the field question.....ESPECIALLY from Georgia because of Wilson. Not in the 1st. 

It's Dodd,  Shaq Lawson, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell, Ricky Sapp, DaQuan Bowers, Andre Branch, Brandon Thompson, Javaris Jenkins,  Malliciah Goodman, Vic Beasley

I wouldn't draft a Clemson guy in the first round. Simple as that. 

Grady Jarrett (who I didn't know went to Clemson) drafted in the 5th. 
DJ Reader drafted in the 5rh round.
Dexter Lawrence is a Pro Bowler, I'll give y'all that. 
Shaq Lawson has been solid but in the end proved not to be worth an 1st round pick.

I
wouldn't
draft
a
Clemson
Guy
in
the
first
round. 

LOL, didn't think that it would be such a hot take. 😁

Just now, KingTitan said:

Yeah I wouldn't take a guy with questionable work ethic, some off the field question.....ESPECIALLY from Georgia because of Wilson. Not in the 1st. 

It's Dodd,  Shaq Lawson, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell, Ricky Sapp, DaQuan Bowers, Andre Branch, Brandon Thompson, Javaris Jenkins,  Malliciah Goodman, Vic Beasley

I wouldn't draft a Clemson guy in the first round. Simple as that. 

Grady Jarrett (who I didn't know went to Clemson) drafted in the 5th. 
DJ Reader drafted in the 5rh round.
Dexter Lawrence is a Pro Bowler, I'll give y'all that. 
Shaq Lawson has been solid but in the end proved not to be worth an 1st round pick.

I
wouldn't
draft
a
Clemson
Guy
in
the
first
round. 

LOL, didn't think that it would be such a hot take. 😁

I was just talking sh!t messing witcha

• Like 1

"I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Ohio State quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Patrick Mahomes can change his release point and find different windows.”

"He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

These are actually quotes about Aaron Rodgers from scouts. Changed Tedford to Ohio State and Favre to Mahomes and it sounds eerily similar to Stroud. 

Do I think Stroud will be Rodgers, I truly don’t know. I could easily see a world where 3-4 years from now we talk about how we overthought it with Stroud and he’s a top 5-7 QB already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

"I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Ohio State quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Patrick Mahomes can change his release point and find different windows.”

"He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

These are actually quotes about Aaron Rodgers from scouts. Changed Tedford to Ohio State and Favre to Mahomes and it sounds eerily similar to Stroud. 

Do I think Stroud will be Rodgers, I truly don’t know. I could easily see a world where 3-4 years from now we talk about how we overthought it with Stroud and he’s a top 5-7 QB already.

All depends if Vrabel/coaching staff is willing and or capable of developing a QB.  We don't exactly have a deep history of doing that here, unfortunately.  Hard to imagine any name succeeding. 

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I don’t see Stroud being a system QB why, because when you look at the tape you see him processing, you see him reading coverage, manipulating safety’s with body language & eye movement. He does however read half a field but that’s common in a lot of QB’s today having 2-3 reads. Watson, Tannehill, Hurts, Goff, Geno I can keep going. Ryan Daye also said that stroud called his own plays a lot at OHST, & he had full control of the offense at the LOS. Why I’m crazy about the kid is because the arm talent, the accuracy & his ball placement is something you can’t teach. He also throws with anticipation very well. He’s just mot sitting in the pocket throwing to wide open WR’s uncovered. If the kid get with a OC like a McVay, Reid, Sean Peyton & unlock his cerebral instincts easily will become a elite QB