Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I legit thought that Vince Young was going to be a hall of famer

I think I cried after Mariota whooped that a$$ against the Packers??

Always fun revisiting that Young draft. I joined FF that year. I wanted Omar Jacobs.lol
But reality I thought Cutler would be the best of the 3 that year. 

That Packers game was one of the best games I ever saw live. 

I was actually thinking about this after the Oilers/Homecoming game. If it worked out with Jake Locker he’d still probably be our QB right now. He’s Tannehill’s age.

Think how long ago the Locker era was/feels. That’s how long having a franchise QB is. Can’t imagine having a true franchise QB for +10 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

What was your stance on Levis?

I felt his floor was wentz ceiling was Ryan Tanniehill the 2020 version with a lil of Josh Allen how he ran the ball in kentucky.. but to be honest with what he’s shown so far I think his potential can be Big Ben. He’s fearless he stands in the pocket all day looking for the big the play & will take a lick.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I legit thought that Vince Young was going to be a hall of famer

I think I cried after Mariota whooped that a$$ against the Packers??

😫😪😭 this why I hate fisher. You can’t tell me if Dinger didn’t have VInce running the offense he ran in 09, him,Cj the option, in 08 we don’t win a SB.. my favorite college QB ever 

2 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I for one did not want Levis at all. He was the one player in the entire draft I did not want lol now he is just about the only thing on this team I am excited about. Crazy how fast things can change.

I didn’t want him either simply because I felt we needed some new I thought he would be as good as RT, but not good enough to get us over the hump like Tanniehill but I came to the conclusion that with the right OC maybe it’ll work, because look how Phili coaching staff made hurts into a legit baller & a winner. But so far he’s better than I expected

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

😫😪😭 this why I hate fisher. You can’t tell me if Dinger didn’t have VInce running the offense he ran in 09, him,Cj the option, in 08 we don’t win a SB.. my favorite college QB ever 

Vince Young had zero desire to put in the time/effort required to be an NFL QB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I for one did not want Levis at all. He was the one player in the entire draft I did not want lol now he is just about the only thing on this team I am excited about. Crazy how fast things can change.

I think I was the most extreme anti-Levis poster, so at least you were less wrong than me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I honestly don’t know anyone on here who was a big Levis fan throughout the draft process. I could be mistaken though. That’d make it all the more better if he does hit.

I wouldn’t say @KingTitanwas a big fan but I feel like he was higher on him than others were. If I am remembering right.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I wouldn’t say @KingTitanwas a big fan but I feel like he was higher on him than others were. If I am remembering right.

Before last year, I loved him more than any QB. I saw that play action system and saw him as the perfect Titan. 
This offseason. I was very high on him. Had some doubts, mainly because I didn't think we'd draft a QB. 
Young- I didn't believe in.
Stroud-I thought was the best QB prospect.
Richardson-I saw a path to victory given the right system and usage.
Levis- I thought could end up being the most successful and the best fit for us. I had doubt placed in me during the whole process. But my initial feeling when Willis was coming out was, wait for next year and get Levis. 
Hooker-I fell in love during the process but recognize his faults. 

1. Stroud
2. Levis 
:)

Edited by KingTitan

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Vince Young had zero desire to put in the time/effort required to be an NFL QB

That was with fisher, fisher killed his loved for the game. Fisher didn’t want young from the jump, VY was forced on him, & Bud made Fisher play him. Yes you right but you’re not telling the whole story, fisher tried to force him being a pro style QB & had norm chow as his OC. Yes he was mentally week but would you want to work somewhere you’re not wanted & your boss not trying to help you surround you with weapons to succeed or put you in an offense tailored towards your skillset. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That was with fisher, fisher killed his loved for the game. Fisher didn’t want young from the jump, VY was forced on him, & Bud made Fisher play him. Yes you right but you’re not telling the whole story, fisher tried to force him being a pro style QB & had norm chow as his OC. Yes he was mentally week but would you want to work somewhere you’re not wanted & your boss not trying to help you surround you with weapons to succeed or put you in an offense tailored towards your skillset. 

Can't it all be true? It's not like Young had any sort of success when he played anywhere else.

We can talk coaches and systems and surrounding talent until we're blue in the face. If a guy is going to become a good player in the NFL, esp at the QB position, it's going to happen regardless. We were a hell-hole for WR talent. And suddenly AJ Brown shows up and has immediate success. Our offense couldn't move the ball for jacksh--. Then Levis throws 4 TDs in his first game.

I worshipped the ground VY walked on. But he was a mental midget and didn't work hard to hone his craft. His coach could've been Jeff Fisher or Andy Reid. Sooner or later, the player is going to need to put in the work. And VY wasn't interested in that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Can't it all be true? It's not like Young had any sort of success when he played anywhere else.

We can talk coaches and systems and surrounding talent until we're blue in the face. If a guy is going to become a good player in the NFL, esp at the QB position, it's going to happen regardless. We were a hell-hole for WR talent. And suddenly AJ Brown shows up and has immediate success. Our offense couldn't move the ball for jacksh--. Then Levis throws 4 TDs in his first game.

I worshipped the ground VY walked on. But he was a mental midget and didn't work hard to hone his craft. His coach could've been Jeff Fisher or Andy Reid. Sooner or later, the player is going to need to put in the work. And VY wasn't interested in that.

VY didn't study. Didn't attend meetings. Didn't work hard. All this from Vince's mouth. 

Fisher being hard on him or not liking him had nothing to do with his success in the league or lack there of.

The mofo threw 9 TDs and 17 INTs his second year.
Threw 12 TDs and 13 INTs and somehow won rookie of the year. lol Talk about NFL has changed. 
He was on a great team that carried him, while he made some highlight plays with his legs that year.

LOL

Don't get me started on "The Longhorn." While peopled loved him, I couldn't wait to see him gone.  :)  I'm sure the vets around here recall that vividly. lol

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Okay so explain how it worked so easily with him under Dinger & we finish the season 8-8 after starting 0-6. The same OC that elevated McNair game who was looking like a bust till Dinger build a system around him. Yes mentally he was weak as sh!t spoiled since being the #1 prospect in high school, but fisher screwed him & did him no favors. The same way he almost screwed Goff till McVay came & saved his game. If Andy Reid had VY I have no doubt in my mind it would’ve went different, why because Reid can make any QB look good as he did with Vick. I honestly felt VY should’ve been what Cam newton was had he had a coach like cam that believed in him day 1.