Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Losing Scherff appears to be very much so the problem (oline wise). 

You can't force him to stay or be healthy.  Players come and go.  Every 3 years the vast majority of a roster turns over.  The job is to plan on that and appropriately replace them.  

Rivera failed there, just like letting Settle, Ionnaidas go and now not extending Payne means the Dline now has to be invested in again next year.

• Like 2

Just now, offbyone said:

You can't force him to stay or be healthy.  Players come and go.  Every 3 years the vast majority of a roster turns over.  The job is to plan on that and appropriately replace them.  

Rivera failed there, just like letting Settle, Ionnaidas go and now not extending Payne means the Dline now has to be invested in again next year.

Franchise Payne. That much is obvious. See what Mathis does next year & hope he stays healthy.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Franchise Payne. That much is obvious. See what Mathis does next year & hope he stays healthy.

It was obvious to extend him.  We should be trying now.  Franchising a Dline player who isn't Aaron Donald is silly.  Just like Franchising a RG 2 years in a row is foolish use of resources.  

The funny thing is with Dan basically in hiding I don't see how a firing would even happen right now.  Usually when things get bad the owner steps in publicly, makes some statements to calm the fans and then makes a change. With all of Dan's legal crap he won't show his face.  

Then remember this is supposed to be the maiden voyage of the new rebrand for this franchise, and this is a rudderless ship that's crashing and burning.  I think this is the year Dan finally loses almost all of the fans.  People just aren't going to identify with this franchise anymore.  He needed this to be a good product on the field this season to retain those fans and it just isn't going to happen. 

Also remember Dan has a track record of never cleaning house and starting from scratch (he's too cheap to buy out everyone's contracts).  Historically we have force fed new regimes leftover assistant coaches, scouts and front office executives.  I don't expect that to change and that's going to keep any real legitimate candidates either HC wise or GM from even considering the position (much less Snyder's reputation). 

Add all of this together and you have an unsalvageable **** storm. It might be the worst HC or GM job opportunity in the history of the league, no one is going to want to work here. The only thing the NFL can do so salvage the Washington franchise is to force Snyder out, cause he has burned it to the ground. 

• Like 2

Just now, offbyone said:

It was obvious to extend him.  We should be trying now.  Franchising a Dline player who isn't Aaron Donald is silly.  Just like Franchising a RG 2 years in a row is foolish use of resources.  

Depends on the cost. I’m still a no on it. I think paying Allen & Payne on a long term deal is awful allocation of your salary cap space. Your 2 starting DTs aren’t worth $20 mil each.

They should’ve traded Payne last February or March, re-signed Settle & kept Ioannidis but they didn’t. Too late now.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The funny thing is with Dan basically in hiding I don't see how a firing would even happen right now.  Usually when things get bad the owner steps in publicly, makes some statements to calm the fans and then makes a change. With all of Dan's legal crap he won't show his face.  

Then remember this is supposed to be the maiden voyage of the new rebrand for this franchise, and this is a rudderless ship that's crashing and burning.  I think this is the year Dan finally loses almost all of the fans.  People just aren't going to identify with this franchise anymore.  He needed this to be a good product on the field this season to retain those fans and it just isn't going to happen. 

Also remember Dan has a track record of never cleaning house and starting from scratch (he's too cheap to buy out everyone's contracts).  Historically we have force fed new regimes leftover assistant coaches, scouts and front office executives.  I don't expect that to change and that's going to keep any real legitimate candidates either HC wise or GM from even considering the position (much less Snyder's reputation). 

Add all of this together and you have an unsalvageable **** storm. It might be the worst HC or GM job opportunity in the history of the league, no one is going to want to work here. The only thing the NFL can do so salvage the Washington franchise is to force Snyder out, cause he has burned it to the ground. 

Stay Safe Back To School GIF by INTO ACTION