Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Y'all are wrong about the record after this game.

Given the beatdown we are about to witness, the Commanders record will be 1-2.5

Yes, there will be an extra half of a loss given to Washington.

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fuller is good, the rest of them aren’t. William Jackson has definitely been a bust of a signing. St. Juste has more development to do and is being miscast as a slot corner when he should be playing outside.

Rivera had too much faith in bringing last years band back together & thinking chemistry & communication would fix everything. So far, it’s looking like he was dead wrong about that. 

Personally, I’d like to see St. Juste on the outside & Fuller in the slot when we go to the nickel D but Fuller hasn’t played slot much since we re-signed him, so I’m not sure that’s the fix some think it will be either.

The greatest mistakes Rivera made this off-season was not retaining Landon Collins, not retaining Ioannidis, not signing a vet slot corner, not upgrading McCain at FS and not getting better depth/competition at LB. He had plenty of opportunities to do all 5 of those things but he’s been complacent.

Per Keim we haven’t been able to sign anyone because of the cap space. I won’t forgive Ron Rivera for ignoring a linebacker in the draft I really wanted Rodriguez and the lions selected him.

Ironically enough he made plays against us and looked really good . 

Fuller at FS

CB1:St juice 

CB2: Fields

CB3: William jackson

CB4: Holmes

that should be our starters at corner , I do not want Jackson or fuller starting . I am very ready to give fields and juice a chance to come in and show us something . I would even give Holmes and wildgoose a shot who I promise you will play better.

Also mccain should be released , and Ron Rivera needs to look around other practice squads and ****** up linebackers .

2 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Per Keim we haven’t been able to sign anyone because of the cap space. I won’t forgive Ron Rivera for ignoring a linebacker in the draft I really wanted Rodriguez and the lions selected him.

Ironically enough he made plays against us and looked really good . 

Fuller at FS

CB1:St juice 

CB2: Fields

CB3: William jackson

CB4: Holmes

that should be our starters at corner , I do not want Jackson or fuller starting . I am very ready to give fields and juice a chance to come in and show us something . I would even give Holmes and wildgoose a shot who I promise you will play better.

Also mccain should be released , and Ron Rivera needs to look around other practice squads and ****** up linebackers .

It’s because they were not confident enough in Wentz to re-work the contract.  We are in Year 3 and the team still doesn’t have a direction.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Per Keim we haven’t been able to sign anyone because of the cap space.

This is such a BS excuse by Keim, Ron and pretty much anyone else who trots it out.

We have/had the ability to create room to sign anyone we wanted. We chose not to. We could've easily converted Carson's salary this year to a bonus and that would've created around $17m in cap space. We still can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s because they were not confident enough in Wentz to re-work the contract.  We are in Year 3 and the team still doesn’t have a direction.  

That's weird. Because I was repeatedly told that winning our division in his first year was going to be nothing but a positive for this team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fuller needs to play FS.

Juste needs to play outside and we see what we have in him. 

We still lack a nickel/slot corner. There are options out there.

That’s the problem, if you put Fuller at FS it leaves a gaping hole at CB. McCain is at least an avg at FS. I don’t know, no matter what they did it probably wouldn’t improve the secondary much at this point bc they’ve been practicing & playing with this group in their current roles for so long. It’s just so frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is such a BS excuse by Keim, Ron and pretty much anyone else who trots it out.

We have/had the ability to create room to sign anyone we wanted. We chose not to. We could've easily converted Carson's salary this year to a bonus and that would've created around $17m in cap space. We still can.

That was true months ago, but is it true now. Can you restructure a players contract during a season? I don’t remember that being done before. I guess you can but I don’t remember teams doing it.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s the problem, if you put Fuller at FS it leaves a gaping hole at CB. McCain is at least an avg at FS. I don’t know, no matter what they did it probably wouldn’t improve the secondary much at this point bc they’ve been practicing & playing with this group in their current roles for so long. It’s just so frustrating.

The question is if we can get more at FS and slot from moving Fuller and signing a guy than running McCain and Juste at FS and slot. 

I tend to think we need to try it out.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don’t think it’s a bad move , I’m huge on wentz but last thing we want to do is invest than  godforbid something happens . 

If  we release henickie we get about 3-6 mil open I believe .