Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

Release mayo 

If you release him now, he just becomes dead cap as he was signed before the season and is a vested veteran. No savings.

He's a free agent at the end of the season, so no cap space gained beyond the fact he isn't on the roster. Again, no savings (beyond him not being on the roster).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

There is no point in paying Wentz if we miss the playoffs. If he’s not good enough to get this team there then he’s not good enough to pay almost $30M. You can throw Howell out there if we aren’t making the playoffs anyway. 

Am I alone in thinking that Wentz's play is the third biggest concern on this team behind the defense's apparent goal of making a wet paper bag look like steel or the offensive line's concept of blocking to be "one one-thousa ... okay, that's good enough?"

And that's just for the players. Rivera (as head coach) won't apparently won't put any blame on Jack Del Rio for the defense getting beat every week nor (as GM) take any responsibility that at best the team's overall talent level is the same as it was when he arrived (the offense is much improved, the defense is much less, special teams is less).

56 minutes ago, Woz said:

Am I alone in thinking that Wentz's play is the third biggest concern on this team behind the defense's apparent goal of making a wet paper bag look like steel or the offensive line's concept of blocking to be "one one-thousa ... okay, that's good enough?"

And that's just for the players. Rivera (as head coach) won't apparently won't put any blame on Jack Del Rio for the defense getting beat every week nor (as GM) take any responsibility that at best the team's overall talent level is the same as it was when he arrived (the offense is much improved, the defense is much less, special teams is less).

Personally, I’ve been very happy with Wentz. It’s the same situation the Vikings are in with Cousins. They keep paying him because they’re scared of the alternative although the familiar hasn’t got them very far. That will be us if Wentz can’t get us to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Personally, I’ve been very happy with Wentz. It’s the same situation the Vikings are in with Cousins. They keep paying him because they’re scared of the alternative although the familiar hasn’t got them very far. That will be us if Wentz can’t get us to the playoffs. 

Shame on them for dropping the article before today's game.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, Jroc04 said:

LT Dillard and DE Barnett are on IR. The injury report may look a bit deceiving in case you guys weren’t keeping close tabs. We’re not 100% healthy as it seems,  unfortunately. 

I'm gonna be honest. We're better off without Barnett. Dillard is definitely on the trade block, whether or not he gets moved when healthy is another story.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Given that we have gotten to see "the other side" of going away from the familiar, do you blame the Vikings?