Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

I don't believe in Hurts.  I think this is a winnable game, but obviously our offense has to score a lot of points.

Our offense might want to consider playing some ball control too to keep the D off the field.

I’m not worried about Hurts from the pocket, but when he gets outside and had the run pass option that’s going to be an issue for our back 7 of our front 4 or 5 can’t contain him in the pocket, get good pressure or get home.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ahh you said the most scary words amongst the fanbase “schemed properly,” thus, I have little faith. I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t have much faith in Del Rio & this defensive staff to put these guys in position to succeed.

They just haven’t done it except for the 2nd half of 2020 when we faced all back up QBs but 3 & for one month last year before COVID & injuries derailed what had developed into at least a mediocre D in Nov & early Dec.

If I was them I spy Hurts with Forrest. I honestly think he’s our best athlete and he will hit you and he feels traffic well. Just my opinion on what I see breaking this defense down

• Like 2

Just now, ripsean21 said:

If I was them I spy Hurts with Forrest. I honestly think he’s our best athlete and he will hit you and he feels traffic well. Just my opinion on what I see breaking this defense down

See the issue is….

Del rio the DC lol and he is going to have David Mayo spying hurts . Watch!

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Or Jamin. Jamin is a good athlete, he’s still developing in coverage & all. I’d rather have him spy Hurts & keep our DBs in coverage so it will make it harder for Hurts to complete passes.

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

See the issue is….

Del rio the DC lol and he is going to have David Mayo spying hurts . Watch!

I sure hope not, but anything is possible with JDR as our defensive coordinator. He always seems to be chomping at the bits to play Mayo over Jamin. Mayo or Bostic at MLB on run downs, I get, but after 1st down or short yardage, neither should be on the field. None of our LBs are great in coverage right now, but at least Holcomb & Jamin have the potential/ability to be better in coverage, Mayo & Bostic are old school flat footed run stuffing LBs w/ awful hips. They have no business being on the field in passing situations.

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Our corners stink 

Fuller is good, the rest of them aren’t. William Jackson has definitely been a bust of a signing. St. Juste has more development to do and is being miscast as a slot corner when he should be playing outside.

Rivera had too much faith in bringing last years band back together & thinking chemistry & communication would fix everything. So far, it’s looking like he was dead wrong about that. 

Personally, I’d like to see St. Juste on the outside & Fuller in the slot when we go to the nickel D but Fuller hasn’t played slot much since we re-signed him, so I’m not sure that’s the fix some think it will be either.

The greatest mistakes Rivera made this off-season was not retaining Landon Collins, not retaining Ioannidis, not signing a vet slot corner, not upgrading McCain at FS and not getting better depth/competition at LB. He had plenty of opportunities to do all 5 of those things but he’s been complacent.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fuller is good, the rest of them aren’t. William Jackson has definitely been a bust of a signing. St. Juste has more development to do and is being miscast as a slot corner when he should be playing outside.

Rivera had too much faith in bringing last years band back together & thinking chemistry & communication would fix everything. So far, it’s looking like he was dead wrong about that. 

Personally, I’d like to see St. Juste on the outside & Fuller in the slot when we go to the nickel D but Fuller hasn’t played slot much since we re-signed him, so I’m not sure that’s the fix some think it will be either.

The greatest mistakes Rivera made this off-season was not retaining Landon Collins, not retaining Ioannidis, not signing a vet slot corner, not upgrading McCain at FS and not getting better depth/competition at LB. He had plenty of opportunities to do all 5 of those things but he’s been complacent.

Fuller needs to play FS.

Juste needs to play outside and we see what we have in him. 

We still lack a nickel/slot corner. There are options out there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay, I will be at the game (taking my life in my hands with the mass of Iggles fans that are sure to be near me given my location near the visitor side). 

But what is the .gif theme for the game tomorrow?

I'll let @MikeT14 decide, but here are some options.

• Will Farrell
  • The Simpsons
  • ????

What do you guys think?

Jim Carey. 

• Like 1