Our Coach

RSkinGM

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The “trailing 20-0” thing is just crazy. How can it happen that in one out of every five games, you’re 3 TDs down before you ever get on the board? That seems impossible.

Somewhat related, they have trailed by at least double digits in the first half in 18 of Rivera’s 36 games. Exactly half of the time, they’re down by multiple scores before halftime. That’s a big problem. 

In fairness to him, a lot of that dates back to 2020, when they rather famously started terribly and picked it up at halftime. They were down by double digits in the first half in 12 of their 17 games that year, and obviously they went on to win at least a couple of those games. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

I agree, after this season I’m perfectly ok if Ron Rivera is fired and Mayhew selects the head coach.

He probably would bring in Ryan from the 49ers as the HC. 

Mayhew and the rest of the front office should be let go as well. Fired is too strong a word here, but Rivera has essentially brought them all in. 

22 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mayhew and the rest of the front office should be let go as well. Fired is too strong a word here, but Rivera has essentially brought them all in. 

Gotta think who wants to work with Snyder . 
So we might be limited but Beinemy is a coach we can get considering he’s had a hard time getting a job. 

49 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

So we might be limited but Beinemy is a coach we can get considering he’s had a hard time getting a job. 

I used to think that, but only 32 of these jobs are available.  The Orioles were able to nab a young, up and coming executive and wrote into his contract that he was protected against the team telling him what to do.  Basically, one of the sons of the owner promised him complete control over baseball operations and guaranteed it into his contract.  

There are ways to do that in the NFL I am sure.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I used to think that, but only 32 of these jobs are available.  The Orioles were able to nab a young, up and coming executive and wrote into his contract that he was protected against the team telling him what to do.  Basically, one of the sons of the owner promised him complete control over baseball operations and guaranteed it into his contract.  

There are ways to do that in the NFL I am sure.  

Levis with Beinemy would be a really nice mix. Raw skills and just arm to make plays left and right on the run and can layer all three levels with timing and has reps under center!!! But we are Washington!! But that’s looking forward id still hope that Ron could actually get this team to find it’s heart!!! But I think I’d be insane to believe that’s possible at this point

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Levis with Beinemy would be a really nice mix. Raw skills and just arm to make plays left and right on the run and can layer all three levels with timing and has reps under center!!! But we are Washington!! But that’s looking forward id still hope that Ron could actually get this team to find it’s heart!!! But I think I’d be insane to believe that’s possible at this point

That’s assuming you really think Bienemy is the one who made Mahomes who he is. I don’t personally. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Bienemy, but I think it’s more Reid than Bienemy or just Mahomes himself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Rivera was considered the pick of the bunch when Snyder signed him.  We won't have a problem.