GDT - Week 11: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints

turtle28

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I never said everyone has to agree with me that Jay should be gone. Do I believe that he should be? Absolutely. For me, it's time to move on. He is what he is as a headcoach. His coaching tenure is marred with losses like this. And just because Jay goes doesn't mean you can't re-sign Kirk.

Yeah I know. You just seemed pretty disappointed that Mknight didn’t disagree with you and I took that the wrong way. My bad man.

I would say if Jay is gone, Kirk is gone. The main reason Kirk has excelled here is because of Jay. Jay believed in Kirk and has developed him into a top 10 qb over the last 4 years. Jay picked Kirk over Robert in 2014 remember but got overruled by Snyder/Allen. 

The main thing keeping Kirk in dc past this year would be Jay Gruden IMO. If he’s gone, Kirk is gone to Denver, Pitt, Az, Buffalo, NYJ or Jax. 

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It still can be. The Pats are recent SB champs because Kyle stopped calling runs on the 20yd line when trying to milk the clock and extend a lead.

Lol ? But Gruden did call runs in the 4th quarter, it’s just our OL/TEs missed blocks and Perine got tackled for a 1 yard loss on 3rd & 1. Sure they should have probably run a qb sneak or behind Trent and Ty instead of pulling Roullier and Paul to go off tackle behind Scherff and Moses but the players still didn’t execute a run play which is what we all wanted them to do at that point. 

Edited by turtle28

Thanx for all the updates. I work Sundays so I don't get to see the game until it comes up on Game Pass. I can review the thread after work and kinda follow how the game went then it gives me an idea of what to watch for when I can review it. They gave up 18 points in the 4th while holding dem Saints to 13 for the first 3 quarters so that's gonna be painful to watch but I'm a sucker for punishment (Skins fan so that should go without sayin' :P) and I'll watch anyway.

Sounds like CT gone for the year - it just keeps piling on with the injuries. What is it with not being able to cover TE's? Fleener 5 for 5 & 91 yards is ridiculous. He's not the only TE to toast Washington, just the latest.

1 minute ago, SeattleSkin said:

Thanx for all the updates. I work Sundays so I don't get to see the game until it comes up on Game Pass. I can review the thread after work and kinda follow how the game went then it gives me an idea of what to watch for when I can review it. They gave up 18 points in the 4th while holding dem Saints to 13 for the first 3 quarters so that's gonna be painful to watch but I'm a sucker for punishment (Skins fan so that should go without sayin' :P) and I'll watch anyway.

Sounds like CT gone for the year - it just keeps piling on with the injuries. What is it with not being able to cover TE's? Fleener 5 for 5 & 91 yards is ridiculous. He's not the only TE to toast Washington, just the latest.

Hall & Brown blew multiple coverages in the 4th quarter. Breeland was reading the screen to Kamara we’ll all game and did w/ 2 minutes left but he missed the tackle and then Fuller and Swearinger almost intercepted it but didn’t, Kamara caught it and our Dbs played 2 hand touch with him as he ran the short pass in for a TD. The tackle effort from them was horrible. 

• Like 1

Some excellent points here.seriousky  It’s easy and fun to bash gruden (even more when he was fat ). 

We were predicted to get stomped. You can have a strong argument that say we overachieved in this game. Gruden and his staff had the guys ready to play. But that being said, our team doesn’t have great talent, few superstars, and injuries hurt us on defense. Gruden has improved some as a coach. 

But he’s still a bottom 6 HC, the team has zero identity, is terrible at in game adjustments, clock management and undisciplined. These are directly tied to a coach, his preparation of the team and his intellect to out manage the opponent. The way the game was lost was so typical of bad teams. They stay in game or even lead, but collapse at the end of each half and the game. 

I don’t think Allen or Gruden can ever be top 5-10 in the league- that’s why they should never have been hired and should not be retained. The Redskins under Danny settle for less than fans deserve and that’s what is so disappointing with our situation. We probably won’t ever win it all with him as owner unless he completely disassociates himself from all football decisions including staffing decisions. Even firing Allen and Gruden won’t solve this unless it’s combined with Danny getting out of the way. 

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But, I’m sure that was the coaches fault and Kirk’s fault... O.o

That may be one of the dumbest tweets I've ever seen. If you can't understand that this defense has given up the most points with two minutes to go in each half and just say "well, it was Drew Brees" than you shouldn't be talking about it. Of course Brees went 11-11. Everyone be threw the ball to was wide open. It was horrible coaching. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hall & Brown blew multiple coverages in the 4th quarter. Breeland was reading the screen to Kamara we’ll all game and did w/ 2 minutes left but he missed the tackle and then Fuller and Swearinger almost intercepted it but didn’t, Kamara caught it and our Dbs played 2 hand touch with him as he ran the short pass in for a TD. The tackle effort from them was horrible. 

Thank you for the input. Brown never has been a good coverage defender - can't say I'm surprised he still isn't. He does a lot of good things and does lead the league in tackles but pass coverage is his Achilles heel.

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

jay doesnt deserve to be gone. he has been let down by the front office. we have d hall on the field for goodness sakes

He's the coach and they said when Scot left that Jay would have more control over the roster. He doesn't have to activate Hall. He chose too.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He's the coach and they said when Scot left that Jay would have more control over the roster. He doesn't have to activate Hall. He chose too.

what other choice does he have? is it jays fault they signed those bums on d-line or that we have so many injuries? this team lacks the talent to be consistently good

Just now, mar29020 said:

what other choice does he have? is it jays fault they signed those bums on d-line or that we have so many injuries? this team lacks the talent to be consistently good

Nah, I won't pin those signings on Jay. That was Bruce. Another guy that should be long gone.