GDT - Week 11: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints

turtle28

14 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Then send him on “vacation”- a little wise guy lingo 

id rather build on what we have then blow it up. i like what i saw on defense in the beginning of the year but allen went on IR. we need some more horses on defense. look at the jags. they are running the football and playing good defense and whooping butt. we already got the qb

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

We have to be worst in league in last 2 minutes. Unexplainable playcalling the last 2 minutes.

Jay's teams find a way to screw things up time and again. I'm sorry, but I dont think better talent is gonna fix his glaring problems as HC

We are the worst team in the nfl at end of half/game situations but it’s mostly because player screw up. Manusky doesn’t blow coverages, miss tackles, drop ints and commit penalties on D. Jay doesn’t miss blocks, throw ints and drop passes or fumble. We’re a healthier roster, a few pieces away on O & D and a little better execution from having the eagles record this year.

Blowing it all up sets us back years imo, no matter who the coach is. It even took Gibbs 2 years to get right both times. 

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We are the worst team in the nfl at end of half/game situations but it’s mostly because player screw up. Manusky doesn’t blow coverages, miss tackles, drop ints and commit penalties on D. Jay doesn’t miss blocks, throw ints and drop passes or fumble. We’re a healthier roster, a few pieces away on O & D and a little better execution from having the eagles record this year.

Right. Im sorry but Fuller ended the game. Nope penalty. Kirk and Crowder set up a real chance to win. Grounding. We get off the field on 3rd down Preston Smith unnessecarry roughness. End of the half field goal attempt nope false start. That’s not coaching. Those are all events that gave the saints light and chances and they made points out of every mistake we made!

This loss hurt. We had a 7-2 team down by 15 with 3 minutes left. They didn't panic. We did. 

This next stretch absolutely needs to be a win out deal, regardless of playoff implications or not. Get a winning season. This team is very capable of being something good. I like the aggressiveness in our secondary. They have to be one of the best units in football. Kendall Fuller is ballin out. Breeland has been solid the past few weeks. Norman is Norman. Swearinger and Nicholson are two players I wouldnt want to do without. 

Ioannidis has a bright future with Allen on the line. 

If this team is smart, they lock up Zach Brown. - yes, I know they won't. 

Spaight looks so promising. 

The offensive line needs some work at LG. TE needs to be addressed one way or another. Reed has to be given the option to go on IR and just heal for next season. 

Perine showed some good attack to day and making things out of nothing. Doctson was targeted and showed up against the potential rookie of the year in Marshon Lattimore. That over the top grab was fantastic and Cousins was right on the money with it. 

This was probably some of the best playcalling I have seen out of Jay. Right up until the last few minutes. 

I hate the loss, but I honestly, like this teams attitude. 

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm sorry guys, I can blame players for their mistakes. But the fact that they keep happening is on coaching. It should not take HOF players at every position to get 1 yard.

It's so weird to me that so many people are giving Jay a pass? He's coaching them. Whatever they're doing is then a reflection of their coach because he's their leader. Why does this suddenly not apply to Jay Gruden? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Again, calling a play that takes an OL pulling and Niles Paul actually being good at a position he doesn't play to achieve .5 yards of field position is beyond stupid. Sneak the damn QB. Kirk could've fell forward for the first down. You don't need to call a play that gives the defense that much time to react and needs that many things to go right for it to work. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's so weird to me that so many people are giving Jay a pass? He's coaching them. Whatever they're doing is then a reflection of their coach because he's their leader. Why does this suddenly not apply to Jay Gruden? 

Well this loss was on the defense. Yes, some questionable calls on offense, and Kirk with that Intentional Grounding, but the rest of the game was brilliantly called. The defense panicked. Their offense didn't. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mike23md said:

This loss hurt. We had a 7-2 team down by 15 with 3 minutes left. They didn't panic. We did. 

This next stretch absolutely needs to be a win out deal, regardless of playoff implications or not. Get a winning season. This team is very capable of being something good. I like the aggressiveness in our secondary. They have to be one of the best units in football. Kendall Fuller is ballin out. Breeland has been solid the past few weeks. Norman is Norman. Swearinger and Nicholson are two players I wouldnt want to do without. 

Ioannidis has a bright future with Allen on the line. 

If this team is smart, they lock up Zach Brown. - yes, I know they won't. 

Spaight looks so promising. 

The offensive line needs some work at LG. TE needs to be addressed one way or another. Reed has to be given the option to go on IR and just heal for next season. 

Perine showed some good attack to day and making things out of nothing. Doctson was targeted and showed up against the potential rookie of the year in Marshon Lattimore. That over the top grab was fantastic and Cousins was right on the money with it. 

This was probably some of the best playcalling I have seen out of Jay. Right up until the last few minutes. 

I hate the loss, but I honestly, like this teams attitude. 

So you don’t like running the ball in the end and trying to run the clock out? Can’t win with Redskins fans. 3 weeks ago we should have run the ball vs Dallas, last week we should have thrown it, this week we ran the wrong way. 

McGee’s false start took 3 points off the bord and cost us the game as well.

Brown was one of the worst defenders on the field today. Really poor in coverage, missed some run assignments didn’t have as much qb pressures as he usually does. He needs to play better, Swearinger’s attempt at tackling Kamara was as bad as his whiff on Ertz a month ago. None of that can happen if you’re going to beat a 7-2 team at home.

Edited by turtle28