Favorite takeout food.

Charles

12 minutes ago, Charles said:

Sounds great.  What do you get there?

I usually go between the Kalbi short ribs and the Katsu chicken. When I lived in CA there’s was a little mom and pop Hawaiian BBQ place right up the street from methat Eric Weddle went to apparently like every day when he was in high school. It’s easily the biggest thing I miss about CA. 😂

Edited by Mesa_Titan

Oh, I have a few places…

- Indian food from Aga’s. Some of the best Indian food I’ve had anywhere, and I’ve had Indian food from everywhere. Literally everything on the menu is outstanding, but the sizzling goat chops aren’t from this planet. They’re better when you’re dining in and served on a hot plate, but it’s still great as take out.

- Lamb and rice from Gyro Hut. The lamb is moist and savory, the rice is spicy (like jollof rice) and the veggies are very fresh, like they picked ‘em from the back. I get an extra serving of lamb and extra chickpeas with the white sauce and orange spicy sauce. It’s good for two meals that day, huge portions.

- A monster burrito from Freebirds. Think Chipotle, but better. Dark meat chicken, carnitas, corn salsa, cilantro rice, black beans, extra cheese, lettuce, guac, sour cream with their BBQ sauce and death sauce… boy that’s some good stuff.

- Singapore noodles and Chinese BBQ ribs from Jade Garden. Sometimes… you need some greasy Chinese takeout.

- Tom Kha Soup, Muay Thai wings, Chicken Pad Thai and Massamun Chicken Curry from Thai Cottage. Takes a while, but it’s worth the wait. I order my Massamun curry without potatoes and with extra peanuts, and mix it into my Pad Thai, then eat it from a bowl while sitting on my couch. 

- Dark meat pho from Pho Saigon. If I don’t feel good, this is the first thing I order. It’s literally chicken noodle soup.

I know I have a few more, I’ll come back with additional ones.

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I have a few places…

- Indian food from Aga’s. Some of the best Indian food I’ve had anywhere, and I’ve had Indian food from everywhere. Literally everything on the menu is outstanding, but the sizzling goat chops aren’t from this planet. They’re better when you’re dining in and served on a hot plate, but it’s still great as take out.

- Lamb and rice from Gyro Hut. The lamb is moist and savory, the rice is spicy (like jollof rice) and the veggies are very fresh, like they picked ‘em from the back. I get an extra serving of lamb and extra chickpeas with the white sauce and orange spicy sauce. It’s good for two meals that day, huge portions.

- A monster burrito from Freebirds. Think Chipotle, but better. Dark meat chicken, carnitas, corn salsa, cilantro rice, black beans, extra cheese, lettuce, guac, sour cream with their BBQ sauce and death sauce… boy that’s some good stuff.

- Singapore noodles and Chinese BBQ ribs from Jade Garden. Sometimes… you need some greasy Chinese takeout.

- Tom Kha Soup, Muay Thai wings, Chicken Pad Thai and Massamun Chicken Curry from Thai Cottage. Takes a while, but it’s worth the wait. I order my Massamun curry without potatoes and with extra peanuts, and mix it into my Pad Thai, then eat it from a bowl while sitting on my couch. 

- Dark meat pho from Pho Saigon. If I don’t feel good, this is the first thing I order. It’s literally chicken noodle soup.

I know I have a few more, I’ll come back with additional ones.

Man you have a pretty eclectic appetite.  I'm more of a surf and turf guy.  We don't really have a huge variety of cuisine here, especially Asian.  Mediterranean restaurants here are either chain type restaurants or just not that good.

• Like 1

There is a local Chinese place near my mother that is in an octagon-shaped building, and is also a liquor store and sells fried chicken.  A lot of the prepped veggies are kept in one of the beer fridges.  But they have amazing food, the best Chinese I’ve ever eaten.  

Runner-up is Ledo’s Pizza, a small Atlantic-ish chain.  Always great to run in there and grab a pizza, wings or a cheesesteak.  Also, amazed that they don’t deliver or do DoorDash.  It’s dine in or carry out. 

• Like 1

Before my diet, I was getting this waffle griddle breakfast sandwich from a diner near me.   Everything on it is made in a waffle griddle....eggs, sausage, bacon...and it came with a bacon maple dipping sauce/syrup.

Its everything the McGriddle wants to be, but isnt.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:53 AM, MikeT14 said:

1) General Tso's + lo mein at local chinese place

A go to American Chinese place is paramount. Mine is on the local college campus and is called Far East. Get a lot of General Tso’s and sesame chicken from them. Monster egg rolls too.

Honestly though, the restaurants I like the most in my town are better for eating in. There was a great cheesesteak place, but it’s gone.

The Thai restaurant I go to is solid for takeout, and they have the best wings in the city, but wings don’t hold up well to long transport. But pad thai or duck soup is top notch.

• Like 1