Favorite takeout food.

Charles

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@Malfatron @ramssuperbowl99 @ET80 I feel like this argument means we need to bring back the GOAT sandwich and food bracket.

No, because someone is going to infuriate me with some pathetic take on some trash sandwich being better than a Reuben.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and stuff, but I lack the patience to deal with such blasphemy. I've killed for less, y'know.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, because someone is going to infuriate me with some pathetic take on some trash sandwich being better than a Reuben.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and stuff, but I lack the patience to deal with such blasphemy. I've killed for less, y'know.

A coaching buddy of mine made an observation that I almost always order a hot sandwich at every restaurant we go to (exceptions for steakhouses and various ethnic foods), and yeah it’s simple, I love a great hot sandwich.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@Malfatron @ramssuperbowl99 @ET80 I feel like this argument means we need to bring back the GOAT sandwich and food bracket.

For my part, since the previous bracket with everything that's gone on I'm probably dumber, less patient, and more opinionated, so I say yeah let's do it.

My only request is that everyone has to actually eat a sandwich each time @ET80 lies about the hordes of people he's murdered over food preferences despite the fact that he has the personality of a teddy bear in a sweater vest.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My only request is that everyone has to actually eat a sandwich each time @ET80 lies about the hordes of people he's murdered over food preferences despite the fact that he has the personality of a teddy bear in a sweater vest.

Murder is subjective - Eminem never killed anyone in a rap battle, it's sort of like that.

The only sandwiches that matter:

Reuben

Cheesesteak

Grilled cheese

Publix Buffalo chicklen tender sub with blue cheese

"Spicy" Cuban (replace pickles, Swiss and yellow mustard with jalapenos, pepper jack and golden mustard).

Edited by biggie.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, MWil23 said:

A coaching buddy of mine made an observation that I almost always order a hot sandwich at every restaurant we go to (exceptions for steakhouses and various ethnic foods), and yeah it’s simple, I love a great hot sandwich.

Ordering a not hot sandwich feels like such a complete and utter waste of time and money.

Like, it takes 5 seconds to put together a good cold sandwich.  You just get some good ingredients, throw 'em in your fridge, and toss it together.  If i'm buying a sammich, i'm paying for a hot sandwich where they at least have to spend a second cooking it.  And i get a freshly cooked hot sandwich that i couldn't have just pulled out of the fridgerator myself.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ordering a not hot sandwich feels like such a complete and utter waste of time and money.

Like, it takes 5 seconds to put together a good cold sandwich.  You just get some good ingredients, throw 'em in your fridge, and toss it together.  If i'm buying a sammich, i'm paying for a hot sandwich where they at least have to spend a second cooking it.  And i get a freshly cooked hot sandwich that i couldn't have just pulled out of the fridgerator myself.

Let’s talk about the people who buy hot drip coffee for $1.45 (lol yeah right like $3.19 now probably) at gas stations every day.

If you want a coffee that is a whole process to make I see why people drop $6-8 on one

but coffee with cream and sugar? $10 coffee maker and just a few dozen cents in supplies each day after that, cleaning those things takes seconds. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dome said:

Let’s talk about the people who buy hot drip coffee for $1.45 (lol yeah right like $3.19 now probably) at gas stations every day.

If you want a coffee that is a whole process to make I see why people drop $6-8 on one

but coffee with cream and sugar? $10 coffee maker and just a few dozen cents in supplies each day after that, cleaning those things takes seconds. 

Yeah.  I really don't get it.  The people who will idle their big ol' pickup truck in the Tim Horton's drive-thru every single day for a "double double" is just mind boggling to me.

Like a)Double cream, double sugar is absolutely disgusting.  b)You're spending $3.19 or whatever every day for a very underwhelming drip coffee you could've made better at home for a lot cheaper.  c)You're spending at least that much just in idling your stupid truck in line every day.

It's even weirder when people make a habit of stopping in to a shop for their daily Tea.  Like dude, get some loose leaf tea in bulk for like $30-50 a year.  Couple washable tea balls.  Throw some water in a kettle to boil and drop that sumbitch in your travel mug while you shower or something to let it steep.  It's super low effort, just as good or better than the store stuff, and like orders of magnitude cheaper.

I get if you want something fancy.  Or if it's just ~*one of those days*~ and you need something to get you through.  But the number of people habituated to a daily coffee/tea stop routine is insane.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, Tugboat said:

I get if you want something fancy.  Or if it's just ~*one of those days*~ and you need something to get you through.  But the number of people habituated to a daily coffee/tea stop routine is insane.

Yes, paying for drip coffee or cold brew on a daily basis is just silly. Even a good pour over is easy to do at home once you learn the technique.

Espresso though.... I will gladly pay someone $4 to make a proper espresso for me. And I'm the kind of nerd that uses scales and 3D-prints mods for my grinder.