The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Jacobs has averaged over 5 ypc in 3 of 4 games this year. Run the f’n rock, Josh! 

I read we are averaging 4.97 YPC which is the best we've had in a while.  Definitely agree we need to be relying on our run game with that kind of production.  I was so hyped to see Zeus with that long run yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I read we are averaging 4.97 YPC which is the best we've had in a while.  Definitely agree we need to be relying on our run game with that kind of production.  I was so hyped to see Zeus with that long run yesterday.

Why not help out your OL and cater to their strengths? Make life easier for your QB, while the kinks are worked out. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Why not help out your OL and cater to their strengths? Make life easier for your QB, while the links are worked out. 

I think this will be our plan of action until our passing game gets in sync.  We should be pounding the rock 30x a game if we are averaging almost 5 ypc.  Hopefully we don't move away from the running game against KC.  I think we need to wear out their defense and keep Mahomes on the sideline as long as possible.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I was so hyped to see Zeus with that long run yesterday.

Man me too. I really want to keep rotating him in more. Jacobs hasn't show great durability throughout his career so keeping him fresh is imperative. 

Jacobs should be seeing 20-25 touches and I'd be happy with Zeus getting~5. I wish we didn't have to sub in Bolden/Ameer so often but they have proven to be good receiving backs.

The Good

Josh Jacobs, excellent game and looked like a first round RB. Ran hard all day and carried the offence.

Mack Hollins, great team player. Great on STs and has become a really reliable receiver.

Maxx Crosby, same pressure and non stop motor as we always get but he turned some of those pressures into sacks at crucial times. Great game.

Playcalling on O, not perfect but liked the change to a run heavy game plan and we called some great plays like the 2nd and 13 to Adams and the last drive White run. I’d like to see Hollins or Waller or Johnson on the end around though rather than Adams.

Carr running, he needs to take off even if it’s just once or twice a game to keep the D honest. The D is not looking for that so it’ll work well. 

Run D, I thought my boy Billings was excellent and I’d like to see him on the field more as he can push the pocket some too. Him and Hankins won the PoA and made Denver one dimensional.

Perryman, huge worry to see him out as he was excellent whilst in there. Really sets a tempo.

The Nearly Good

Thought the D was pretty decent and forced a number of punts, got a score  but in perspective, they also made an insipid Denver O look dangerous at times. Accept they were missing a few DBs and Perryman second half so benefit of the doubt there.

Offence overall, as above with the D, they weren’t great but they moved the ball, took time off the clock and didn’t turn the ball over. The Denver D is good so it’s not ideal to score FGs but we did at least keep the scoreboard ticking over and come up with some very big plays when needed. We’ll need to start converting those FGs to TDs as we move forward though.

The Bad

How can a 7 man officiating crew have an injury and not have a replacement official on stand by in the stadium in a multi billion dollar industry?? Not acceptable.

Missed Adams TD throw by Carr. We should make that, we need those 6s rather than 3s.

I never realised we hadn’t scored a defensive TD since 2019. That is just sad. 

STs today was a little off, giving up some good field position, missing the xp too.

Bilal Nichols, just anonymous out there. Wasn’t he supposed to be our internal rusher?

The Denver drive that started with the first and 30. That was a poor drive to give up.

Chandler Jones wasn’t terrible by any means but just one real pressure for that wage is not enough simple as that. We need more.

The Ugly

Too much orange in the crowd by the looks of it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Bad

How can a 7 man officiating crew have an injury and not have a replacement official on stand by in the stadium in a multi billion dollar industry?? Not acceptable.

No kidding. No excuse not to have at least 1 emergency official on standby, if not 2. 

To yesterday's crew's credit, they got though and I don't recall anything egregious. Good for them. But they shouldn't have been left in that position to begin with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We literally beat den last year 34-24 and scored tds. Why are fgs so popular this year?

As long as we make more points than our opponent, it doesn't matter if it's the kicker, QB, WR or punt returner who brings the points in the Board.

Of course last year we had four TD and this year only two. But as I said before, Denver has Top 3 RZ-Defense and a top 10 Overall Defender.

33 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No kidding. No excuse not to have at least 1 emergency official on standby, if not 2. 

To yesterday's crew's credit, they got though and I don't recall anything egregious. Good for them. But they shouldn't have been left in that position to begin with. 

Yeh, exactly. Credit to the crew for dealing with it and I thought they called a good game overall but there could have been a game altering call made or missed. Given the vast amounts of money and resources involved in the NFL it is just bizarre, makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

As long as we make more points than our opponent, it doesn't matter if it's the kicker, QB, WR or punt returner who brings the points in the Board.

Of course last year we had four TD and this year only two. But as I said before, Denver has Top 3 RZ-Defense and a top 10 Overall Defender.

Gotta develop a killer instinct and keep the foot on their neck and put teams away with tds not fgs. 

• Like 2