Washington Players Current Trade Value

MKnight82

Trading Daron Payne right now would be the best long term decision this staff could make. His value is at its highest. Of course that means we will keep him and let him walk in the offseason. 

(I am assuming they still have no intention of resigning him with this thought) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Trading Daron Payne right now would be the best long term decision this staff could make. His value is at its highest. Of course that means we will keep him and let him walk in the offseason. 

(I am assuming they still have no intention of resigning him with this thought) 

Star Lotuleilei is spending this season getting ready so he can take Payne's spot next year

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ioannidis is on the Panthers. But no, 

Actually I take it back, even better.  They are going to trade McCaffrey, so then they will need a replacement.  Turner has compared the too even though we know that is ridiculous.  So perfect.  We get a DT so we don't have to stress about DT depth because rivera is an idiot and didn't extend on of our top 3 players on defense.

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Actually I take it back, even better.  They are going to trade McCaffrey, so then they will need a replacement.  Turner has compared the too even though we know that is ridiculous.  So perfect.  We get a DT so we don't have to stress about DT depth because rivera is an idiot and didn't extend on of our top 3 players on defense.

1. Ioannidis wanted out of here, he didn’t like the coaching. Now, maybe that was a Sam Mills, Jr. thing & he’d like to work under Big Z but still, he felt lied to by Rivera & company. They told his agent he was safe & didn’t have to worry about being cut after they trade for Carson & then they cut him.

2. Why trade a 24 year old versatile weapon who can return kicks, be a RB & catch like a WR? For a almost 29 year old DT? 

3. Ioannidis is a free agent next year, so why trade an asset for a player who’s going to be a free agent next March?

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. Ioannidis wanted out of here, he didn’t like the coaching. Now, maybe that was a Sam Mills, Jr. thing & he’d like to work under Big Z but still, he felt lied to by Rivera & company. They told his agent he was safe & didn’t have to worry about being cut after they trade for Carson & then they cut him.

2. Why trade a 24 year old versatile weapon who can return kicks, be a RB & catch like a WR? For a almost 29 year old DT? 

3. Ioannidis is a free agent next year, so why trade an asset for a player who’s going to be a free agent next March?

1)True.  But by all accounts it was a Sam Mills thing and I doubt the grasser is feeling much greener at Carolina right now.  That organization has more unknowns than us on the football side.

2)Because we have benched him multiple times and then drafted his replacement.  Everyone complains that you don't get something out of these players, well if we wait another year, we won't get anything out of gibson and running backs rarely are worth second contracts.  Unlike cap space, running backs do in fact seem to grow on trees.

3)I thought he was under contract through 2023.  If so then you are absolutely right, this is a silly trade unless he extends.  

Maybe then we should just trade Gibson to the Panthers for a pick.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:31 AM, turtle28 said:

Well this doesn’t help! 

I assume he’s been playing football for at least 15 years & dude doesn’t know zone concepts as a corner? That shouldn’t have to be taught when your a 6 year vet. He should’ve learned these concepts in HS.

Pac-Man jones said on the radio that his IQ is very low and always needed someone to guide him.