Washington Players Current Trade Value

MKnight82

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Heinicke has no value. If he’s not here, he’s not on the league. The only reason he’s with us is bc of Scotty Turner.

What? Not in the league? That’s absurd. The guy threw 20 TD passes in his first season as a starter. He’s definitely good enough to be a back up in this league and is better than some starters. 

• Like 1

Henickie on his last contract with us also , which is another reason he should be traded . He isn’t the franchise guy he can maybe have a few good games now from the deadline and we can get value .

Im serious ……. Bringing him back next year I think won’t happen since one team probably going overpay him. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What? Not in the league? That’s absurd. The guy threw 20 TD passes in his first season as a starter. He’s definitely good enough to be a back up in this league and is better than some starters. 

Look around the league. Most teams only keep 2 QBs active & then a young developmental 3rd. Most teams have one vet & one young player they’re developing either as a starter or a mid round pick behind the vet. 

I could be wrong, but it is my opinion that Heinicke is only in the league bc of Scotty Turner. Now there’s a case of be made that if Turner is fired here & then becomes the QB coach somewhere else next year that he’d have Heinicke as the back up to the starter.

24 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Henickie on his last contract with us also , which is another reason he should be traded . He isn’t the franchise guy he can maybe have a few good games now from the deadline and we can get value .

Im serious ……. Bringing him back next year I think won’t happen since one team probably going overpay him. 

Name a Team who’d trade for Heinicke. Also, there’s no way that GM/HC Rivera is trading his current starting QB. Remember that at this point it’s a question as to when Wentz can return.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Name a Team who’d trade for Heinicke. Also, there’s no way that GM/HC Rivera is trading his current starting QB. Remember that at this point it’s a question as to when Wentz can return.

The dolphins

49ers

Vikings 

panthers?

it would be for a playoff superbowl contending team that might need an upgrade at back up qb 

either way trading henickie would benefit us now. He’s not going be back next year ……

On 10/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, IHatesnyder said:

The dolphins

49ers

Vikings 

panthers?

it would be for a playoff superbowl contending team that might need an upgrade at back up qb 

either way trading henickie would benefit us now. He’s not going be back next year ……

Heinicke is currently our starter, he’s not getting traded by Rivera.

Dolphins: Tua is back, they have Teddy Bridgewater as a back up. Their young QB Skylar Thompson didn’t look awful either when he had to play.

Vikings: obviously have Kirk Cousins & Nick Mullens as his back up. I think Heinicke is better than him but the gap is not wide enough for them to trade for Heinicke.

Panthers: Baker Mayfield & PJ Walker. They’re not trading for Heinicke either.

And lastly, the Steelers are trying to trade Mason Rudolph, he’s a former 3rd round pick if there’s, a 6’5, 235 lb big strong arm QB who’s 27, Heinicke is 29. Teams will trade for Rudolph before they’d trade for Heinicke & again we’re not trading our current starter.

Edited by turtle28

CBS Sports Has Steelers Trading QB Mason Rudolph For CB William Jackson In Mock Deal.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/10/cbs-sports-has-steelers-trading-qb-mason-rudolph-for-cb-william-jackson-in-mock-deal/

Not sure why Washington would do this with Heinicke & Howell on the roster but, just saying. I don’t see anything we’d want back in return from the Steelers that they’d want to trade for WJ3 tbh.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, IHatesnyder said:

The only team I can see giving Taylor Heinicke any value is Washington. And we are the only team dumb enough to think that. 

I love him as a back up, and I feel he inspires the team better than Carson Schmuck, and you hear it in the post game interviews, but value as a franchise QB? Can't see it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

William Jackson still being on this team right now is crazy. Panthers trade CMC and Robbie Anderson immediately after their availability is announced. We are only depreciating what little value he has by holding him any longer.

Get it done.

Could be teams are waiting to see/hear more about that back injury. Could be trying to figure out how best to maneuver his cap #. 

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Could be teams are waiting to see/hear more about that back injury. Could be trying to figure out how best to maneuver his cap #. 

Could be holding out to see if someone finds themselves in dire straits with injury issues. 

Hollywood Brown injury and Breece Hall injury paved the way for the quick trades of Anderson and James Robinson. Teams who see a gaping hole in their roster are willing to pay for immediate reinforcements. I can only hope that’s the plan, because allowing it to linger is otherwise less than ideal.

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Could be holding out to see if someone finds themselves in dire straits with injury issues. 

Hollywood Brown injury and Breece Hall injury paved the way for the quick trades of Anderson and James Robinson. Teams who see a gaping hole in their roster are willing to pay for immediate reinforcements. I can only hope that’s the plan, because allowing it to linger is otherwise less than ideal.

Yup. I mean, the Chargers just had JC Jackson go down and out for the year with a Patella tendon injury. The only problem is that he wasn't performing too great already so maybe they want to see the next man up first. But with the trade deadline approaching, I think we get better value trading him to a needy team that is in the hunt and is focused on that then in the offseason when the pool of needy teams diminishes and GMs are a bit more sober in their judgement.